Trying out the iPhone

Was time to move away from the crappy Moto Z Force Droid I bought a couple of years ago. Did about a weeks worth of research and decided to give iPhone a shot mainly because every pro review has the iPhone beating out Android in almost every category, even the price was comparable to the mid and high end Androids.
T Mobile gave me the best deal, best plan cost with an iPhone XR, smaller overall than my Moto Z but with the same screen size. At first my reaction to using it, customizing it had me wondering if I did the right thing but now that I've been playing with it all afternoon I'm really starting to like this phone, it's almost intuitive.
This does not mean I'm going to go right out and buy an overpriced, overhyped Apple Mac but I'm definetely warming up to the iPhone.
Wife was strictly iPhone since the beginning but recently gave it up. It kept syncing her info with the daughters and she felt the cam was not as good as Samsungs,
Everyone has what they like. :thup:

Went in this morning and returned the wife's iPhone, she didn't want to learn a new phone at this time. She's kinda overwhelmed with the move, remodeling the "new" house and is really having trouble with this last chemo session, exhausted all the time, sleeping 20 hours a day.
They just threw the chip from the iPhone into her old Motorola and she's happy.

Was time to move away from the crappy Moto Z Force Droid I bought a couple of years ago. Did about a weeks worth of research and decided to give iPhone a shot mainly because every pro review has the iPhone beating out Android in almost every category, even the price was comparable to the mid and high end Androids.
T Mobile gave me the best deal, best plan cost with an iPhone XR, smaller overall than my Moto Z but with the same screen size. At first my reaction to using it, customizing it had me wondering if I did the right thing but now that I've been playing with it all afternoon I'm really starting to like this phone, it's almost intuitive.
This does not mean I'm going to go right out and buy an overpriced, overhyped Apple Mac but I'm definetely warming up to the iPhone.
Wife was strictly iPhone since the beginning but recently gave it up. It kept syncing her info with the daughters and she felt the cam was not as good as Samsungs,
One of Apple's strong points is their syncing all your Apple devices together so whatever you do one of your device is available on all of your other devices. In a family settings where there's a lot sharing, you have to be careful and make sure every users is defined uniquely. You have to make sure when sharing you're not syncing.

One of Apple's strong points is their syncing all your Apple devices together so whatever you do one of your device is available on all of your other devices. In a family settings where there's a lot sharing, you have to be careful and make sure every users is defined uniquely. You have to make sure when sharing you're not syncing.
Sure she knew that but couldn't get it to stop.....think she even went in to
tmobile for help. Hers had lot of business stuff on it.

My last 3 phones have been an iPhone.
My wife had a Samsung, kept noticing mine seemed easier, she got a iP and says it is much better/faster.
Both of my kids also had Samsungs for a couple years, switched to iP and the same - they like it better.
Some people swear by Samsung, but playing with my wifes when she had it - I honestly don't see how. The iP is extremely intuitive and designed logically.
Only gripe is Siri, she isn't exactly intuitive. Long way to go with voice AI.

My last 3 phones have been an iPhone.
My wife had a Samsung, kept noticing mine seemed easier, she got a iP and says it is much better/faster.
Both of my kids also had Samsungs for a couple years, switched to iP and the same - they like it better.
Some people swear by Samsung, but playing with my wifes when she had it - I honestly don't see how. The iP is extremely intuitive and designed logically.
Only gripe is Siri, she isn't exactly intuitive. Long way to go with voice AI.
My family has both iphones and Samsungs. They are both good phones. However, I noticed for whatever reasons, the iphones seem to stick around longer. I have found it a real pain in the ass when the family has different phone types. Apps I have on my phone aren't available on all the kids phones and vice versa. I use Find My Friends to locate people with iphones and Life360 for those that have Sansung. Also support from family members is often not available. I can't answer how to questions about Samsungs and my kids can't answer how to question about iphones. If I had it to do over again, I would have all family members use the same brand of phone.

Forum List

Back