Surfboard/Xfinity issues.....

Dekster

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2014
I dropped back to just comcast internet and then replaced their gateway with an Arris Surfboard (SBG6700-AC). Since then one of the computers in the house has a bizarre issue I am not sure how to fix and was hoping maybe someone here has a suggestion. An almost identical computer also in W10 has no issue so I assume it is a settings issue of some sort.

Regardless of which browser I am using on the naughty computer, it will only let be access a very limited number of websites. Youtube is one I can and a few others; twitter is a big one I cannot. I fooled around with it earlier, rebooted the computer several times and thought I had it fixed as I could access all sites I tried on all browsers. Went back awhile ago and it is doing the same stupid thing again where I can access youtube but not a lot of other sites. (Not playing from cache as I clicked through a lot of recommendations I have never watched just to make sure it was not playing from memory). When I run network trouble shooter on it when it is acting up, it is saying it cannot autodetect and that is as far as it goes.

Never had this before switching the gateway so I am guessing there is something about the computers settings that may isn't playing well with Arris's settings. Not sure.

Any ideas?

I dropped back to just comcast internet and then replaced their gateway with an Arris Surfboard (SBG6700-AC). Since then one of the computers in the house has a bizarre issue I am not sure how to fix and was hoping maybe someone here has a suggestion. An almost identical computer also in W10 has no issue so I assume it is a settings issue of some sort.

Regardless of which browser I am using on the naughty computer, it will only let be access a very limited number of websites. Youtube is one I can and a few others; twitter is a big one I cannot. I fooled around with it earlier, rebooted the computer several times and thought I had it fixed as I could access all sites I tried on all browsers. Went back awhile ago and it is doing the same stupid thing again where I can access youtube but not a lot of other sites. (Not playing from cache as I clicked through a lot of recommendations I have never watched just to make sure it was not playing from memory). When I run network trouble shooter on it when it is acting up, it is saying it cannot autodetect and that is as far as it goes.

Never had this before switching the gateway so I am guessing there is something about the computers settings that may isn't playing well with Arris's settings. Not sure.

Any ideas?
Driver/settings issues with the network adapter........ maybe?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000460/windows-10-check-wi-fi-drivers-settings

Any ideas?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000460/windows-10-check-wi-fi-drivers-settings

It is on a network cord, not wifi. ANyway, the problem seems to be coming and going on the same computer so it makes no sense, especially since I can access some sites and not others.

Any ideas?

It is on a network cord, not wifi. ANyway, the problem seems to be coming and going on the same computer so it makes no sense, especially since I can access some sites and not others.
Still need to check your network adapter settings and drivers, this tutorial is still appropriate despite it's title.
How to get back online after a Windows 10 update breaks your internet

Any ideas?

Still need to check your network adapter settings and drivers, this tutorial is still appropriate despite it's title.

I reset the stack. So far so good.

Any ideas?

I reset the stack. So far so good.
Let's hope. If not hopefully one of our much more knowledgeable IT people will chime in.

Forum List

Back