Trump "Would,Would Of,Wouldn't"Mix Up VS The "Obama Navy Corpse-Man" .Which Was More Embarrassing?

You claimed Trump read from some media.
He didn’t.
You invalidated your “testimony”.
But unlike the other bullshitters here, at least you responded.
YES he read from the paper! What is wrong with you?
Trump read nothing when the reporter asked him.
Trump later looked down at the newspaper and then looked up and restated what he meant.
Okay. We're talking about different statements. I'm talking about the Cabinet Meeting statement yesterday. He wasn't responding to a reporter's question.
He was reading a newspaper and looked up and then spoke.
Look, you were caught up in an adrenaline moment.
It happens to all of us.
hey, didnt President Nixon once slipped up and said something pertaining to 1868? when he meant to say 1968?
57 States of Heinz.

Is the MSM really getting on Trumps case over a simple gaffe? Don't we all get our "Would Of,Could Of,Should Of" statements mixed up time to time? At least Trump went on television and corrected his gaffe, But did Obama ever go back on live TV and tell the world of how he mis-spoke during that agonizing speech where he kept on talking about this "Navy Corpse-Man"?, or what about the time Obama spoke of these "Fallen Heroes" in his audience? I don't recall Obama correcting that embarrassing statement to the world.
:cul2:
Yes they are doing the drive by thing more often.
upload_2018-7-18_21-8-41.jpeg

So? How does that relate to Trump siding with Putin over our own agencies?

You're grasping at straws here trying to somehow minimize Trump's statements.

Did you read the title of the OP? I am not grasping at anything... I responded to the question in the title of the OP...

You know your second video says nothing about 'states' right?

I know it doesn't because I had to sit through it.

I did not know that there was qualifier for the competition...

Meh...

Which was more embarrassing? Claiming Hawaii as his 'state' of Birth and believing it is in Asia, pretty embarrassing actually...

It is in Asia. Hawaìi is part of Polynesia. Always has been. And as far as association with a continent it's part of Asia. Clearly it's not North America (or South). Not to mention its population is overwhelmingly Asian (native Hawaìian and Japanese predominantly) and Hawaìian is one of the states two official languages. So no, not "embarrassing" at all. The fact that it's politically associated with North America doesn't make it geographically so. For instance St.Pierre et Miquelon is part of France but clearly it's in North America, not in "Europe". Never has been.

"here in Polynesia" might have been more exact but "here in Asia" is accurate, where "here in Africa", "here in Europe", "here in North (or South) America", "here in Antarctica" or "here in Australia" would not be. Actually the next closest match would have been Australia. So "Asia" can be seen as a nod to all the Asians in Hawaìi who are Japanese, Filipino or Chinese, which make up well more than half its population, which would not be included under "Polynesia" -- hence the broader term.

Of course we also know from another recent White House executive that Hawaìi is "a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here", so there we are, aren't we.

The whole point to this 3 day exercise is Humans make mistakes... And your comrades try to beat up my comrades (verbally of coarse) and in return videos are pulled out and monikers are yelled at each other... I have a even dozen Joe Biden videos and stills in different shades of embarrassment that I can use... :04:

Excellent. Bring 'em on. :deal: Parsings R us.

This isn't really a valid comparison with turning around one's entire statement to its own opposite and then pretending it's what one meant all along as Rump just did however. That has far less to do with any kind of "gaffe" and far FAR more to do with the mental illness of self-delusion where a subject thinks he can just wish away his own action as if it never happened just because he doesn't have the stones to admit he fucked up.

Nor is "57 states" a valid comparator, as in context he clearly was about to say "47", then started to say "50", then filled in "7" without returning to the "forty" part. That some wags try to pounce on this as an imaginary "point" reeks of desperation just short of counting the number of times he says "ah" or the presence of a teleprompter, as if every POTUS since Eisenhower hadn't been using them. An actually valid comparison would be an example where O'bama actually claimed, seriously, that 57 states existed, while standing next to the governors of the seven phantom states, and then walked it back once he was clear of them.

Last edited:
It is in Asia. Hawaìi is part of Polynesia. Always has been. And as far as association with a continent it's part of Asia. Clearly it's not North America (or South). Not to mention its population is overwhelmingly Asian (native Hawaìian and Japanese predominantly) and Hawaìian is one of the states two official languages. So no, not "embarrassing" at all. The fact that it's politically associated with North America doesn't make it geographically so. For instance St.Pierre et Miquelon is part of France but clearly it's not in "Europe". Never has been.

:disagree: Looks as if we will have to disagree...

Is Hawaii in Oceania or North America?
Geographically, Hawaii is considered to be located in Oceania. The continent of Oceania consists of four regions: Australasia, Micronesia, Polynesia, and Melanesia. Polynesia consists of a number of sovereign states and thousands of inhabited and habited islands. Initially, the term Polynesia referred to the islands of the Pacific, but in 1831, the Geographical Society of Paris restricted the word to mean South Sea Islands. The Polynesia Region is mapped by a triangle in the Pacific Ocean. Polynesia includes Samoa, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Tonga, Tuvalu, the Cook Islands, and on the northernmost tip of the triangle, lies the islands of Hawaii.

Is Hawaii a Part of Oceania or North America?

So "Asia" can be seen as a nod to all the Asians in Hawaìi who are Japanese, Filipino or Chinese, which make up well more than half its population, which would not be included under "Polynesia" -- hence the broader term.

I am afraid you might run into some resistance when talking to 'local' Japanese, Filipino or Chinese citizens labeling them "Asians"... They may be of a Asian ancestry, but consider themselves Americans... I believe Obama was wrong when he referenced Hawaii at a press conference in Honolulu... "When I meet with world leaders, whats striking is whether it is in Europe or here in Asia"...

You might find this link interesting...

Countries by Continent :: Australia, Oceania - Nations Online Projects

:agree:

It is in Asia. Hawaìi is part of Polynesia. Always has been. And as far as association with a continent it's part of Asia. Clearly it's not North America (or South). Not to mention its population is overwhelmingly Asian (native Hawaìian and Japanese predominantly) and Hawaìian is one of the states two official languages. So no, not "embarrassing" at all. The fact that it's politically associated with North America doesn't make it geographically so. For instance St.Pierre et Miquelon is part of France but clearly it's not in "Europe". Never has been.

:disagree: Looks as if we will have to disagree...

Is Hawaii in Oceania or North America?
Geographically, Hawaii is considered to be located in Oceania. The continent of Oceania consists of four regions: Australasia, Micronesia, Polynesia, and Melanesia. Polynesia consists of a number of sovereign states and thousands of inhabited and habited islands. Initially, the term Polynesia referred to the islands of the Pacific, but in 1831, the Geographical Society of Paris restricted the word to mean South Sea Islands. The Polynesia Region is mapped by a triangle in the Pacific Ocean. Polynesia includes Samoa, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Tonga, Tuvalu, the Cook Islands, and on the northernmost tip of the triangle, lies the islands of Hawaii.

Is Hawaii a Part of Oceania or North America?

"Oceania" is not a continent. The closest continent that would fit is (still) Asia.
As I said, he could have said "Polynesia" (or Oceania) -- but neither would have been as inclusive as "Asia".

Fun fact: the time right now in Hawaìi (whenever you read this) is closer to the time in Auckland New Zealand than it is to the time in San Francisco.

So "Asia" can be seen as a nod to all the Asians in Hawaìi who are Japanese, Filipino or Chinese, which make up well more than half its population, which would not be included under "Polynesia" -- hence the broader term.

I am afraid you might run into some resistance when talking to 'local' Japanese, Filipino or Chinese citizens labeling them "Asians"... They may be of a Asian ancestry, but consider themselves Americans... I believe Obama was wrong when he referenced Hawaii at a press conference in Honolulu... "When I meet with world leaders, whats striking is whether it is in Europe or here in Asia"...

Once again, "American" is not an ethnicity. But "Asian" is, in the broad sense. That's why we have a term like "Asian-American" (and myriad others). One denotes the ethnicity, the other the citizenship. "Asian" in no way rules out "American". They're not the same thing. In order to compare like things you'd need "Native American".

So if Japanese, Koreans, Filipinos and Chinese are not "Asian" what are they? European? Antarctican? Ever heard a city neighborhood described as "Little Italy" (or similar)? You suppose that means the inhabitants think they're IN south central Europe?

I myself am "Irish". That doesn't mean I'm a citizen of the Republic of Ireland. It means my forebears came from that country.
---- which by the way Rump thinks is part of the UK, what an eedjit. He said so just the other day.

It is, thanks. In fact your own link not only puts the word "continent" in quotes but literally says:

>> The "continent" of Australia/Oceania is a somewhat artifical construct, designed to link together the continental landmass of Australia with the huge number of widely scattered islands across the Pacific Ocean.<<​

By this measure then, O'bama should have said "here in Australia". But "here in Australia" would be understood to mean the nation of Australia, so that wouldn't work.

Again, Oceania is not a continent. The continents are Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, North America, South America and Antarctica. Out of those, the only one that fits Hawaìi is Asia -- or possibly, by this definition and my previous post, Australia (the continent). Would you have him say 'here in Australia'?

G'day mate.

Last edited:
Fun fact: the time right now in Hawaìi (whenever you read this) is closer to the time in Auckland New Zealand than it is to the time in San Francisco

Technically it is 26 hours difference between Auckland... But you know that because it is a fun fact...

Again, Oceania is not a continent. The continents are Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, North America, South America and Antarctica. Out of those, the only one that fits Hawaìi is Asia -- or possibly, by this definition and my previous post, Australia (the continent). Would you have him say 'here in Australia'?

He would have been more accurate saying 'here in Australia' considering what experts claim...

Oceania is a geographical, often geopolitical, region consisting of numerous lands - mostly islands in the Pacific Ocean and vicinity. It is not in a continent, but rather, has a continent inside it (Australia).
What continent is Oceania part of

Fun fact: the time right now in Hawaìi (whenever you read this) is closer to the time in Auckland New Zealand than it is to the time in San Francisco

Technically it is 26 hours difference between Auckland... But you know that because it is a fun fact...

He would have been more accurate saying 'here in Australia' considering what experts claim...

Oceania is a geographical, often geopolitical, region consisting of numerous lands - mostly islands in the Pacific Ocean and vicinity. It is not in a continent, but rather, has a continent inside it (Australia).
What continent is Oceania part of

OK so two time zones. :uhh: You are correct sir, international dateline and a' that.

The other thing is that "Oceania" sounds like you're quoting from 1984.

Pogo I am sure you have figured out I am no rocket surgeon... I do my research on the interweb and pick out what fits my story best... In this particular case I have 40 years of experience re: Hawaii... I have never, ever heard anyone claim that Hawaii is part of Asia... It just won't fly no matter how high and hard you throw that sucker off the barn roof...

Oh, and I will have mayonnaise with my pommes frites... :04:https://www.bing.com/images/search?...A8DF8A1929295C458E0C1EE8C29F725FE&FORM=IQFRBA

Mispronouncing words compared to stating you believe your enemies' words over your intel agencies' statement is a fallacy of mistaking difference for kind.

Pogo I am sure you have figured out I am no rocket surgeon... I do my research on the interweb and pick out what fits my story best... In this particular case I have 40 years of experience re: Hawaii... I have never, ever heard anyone claim that Hawaii is part of Asia... It just won't fly no matter how high and hard you throw that sucker off the barn roof...

Oh, and I will have mayonnaise with my pommes frites... :04:

Ew. Just eeeewww. Onliest thing for fries is a nice spicy moutarde. You must be Québecois..

As far as Hawaìi --- and it is indeed very far --- if it's not included in the broad continental category of "Asia" what, I ask you, continent IS it included in? Suffice to say "Asia" may not be the best answer but it is not wrong.

We're down to one of my favourite Mark Twain quotes: "If K-A-T doesn't spell "cat", what does it spell?"

As far as Hawaìi --- and it is indeed very far --- if it's not included in the broad continental category of "Asia" what, I ask you, continent IS it included in?

North America if distance is your qualifier...

San Francisco... 2400 miles, give or take a few miles...

1400 miles closer than Tokyo, give or take a few miles...

The total distance from Hawaii to Japan is 3,980 miles. This is equivalent to 6 406 kilometers or 3,459 nautical miles. Your trip begins in the state of Hawaii. It ends in Japan. Your flight direction from Hawaii to Japan is Northwest (-60 degrees from North).
Flight Distance from Hawaii to Japan
Flight Distance from Hawaii to Japan

"Corpse-men".....Obama is so ignorant of the various French influences on the English language, I'll bet that if you gave that carpet-headed, inverted-crucifix-nosed, raccoon-eyed idiot a bottle of tasty, apple-flavored Stella Artois, he'd pronounce it "Stella Ar-toys."

Forum List

Back