Trump "Would,Would Of,Wouldn't"Mix Up VS The "Obama Navy Corpse-Man" .Which Was More Embarrassing?

Is the MSM really getting on Trumps case over a simple gaffe? Don't we all get our "Would Of,Could Of,Should Of" statements mixed up time to time? At least Trump went on television and corrected his gaffe, But did Obama ever go back on live TV and tell the world of how he mis-spoke during that agonizing speech where he kept on talking about this "Navy Corpse-Man"?, or what about the time Obama spoke of these "Fallen Heroes" in his audience? I don't recall Obama correcting that embarrassing statement to the world.
:cul2:

They are not even remotely the same thing. Mispronouncing a word is one thing, using the totally wrong word is another. Then when you take the totality of his statements on that day his lie about using the wrong word makes no sense as it does not fit with the rest of what he said.
Or the interviews he gave in the 24 hours afterward, in which he did not mention needing to correct a misstatement. Someone here called his performance yesterday a "hostage video" and that is what it seemed like. He was reading from the paper, clearly, so there is one minor point I'm curious about:
Trump kicked off with one of his famous gaffes, saying the Queen reviewed her Honor Guard for the first time in 70 years during his visit. She has only been Queen 65 years and she reviews the Guard periodically, including during the Obamas' visit in 2011.
My question is, since Trump was reading a prepared statement, why did his aides who wrote it put in such erroneous information? Are THEY the reason he is always making boners?
Just a thought.
Thanks for admitting you didn’t see the statement; Trump did not read from anything as he was looking straight at the reporter.
I watched it right on the television! So you think he made up the parts where he wasn't looking at the paper? Is that what you're saying? Okay. That would explain it. Maybe he should just read from the paper, then.
If you watched it and your brain construed that Trump read from a cue card or teleprompter, you’ve got bigger problems than Trump.

Is the MSM really getting on Trumps case over a simple gaffe? Don't we all get our "Would Of,Could Of,Should Of" statements mixed up time to time? At least Trump went on television and corrected his gaffe, But did Obama ever go back on live TV and tell the world of how he mis-spoke during that agonizing speech where he kept on talking about this "Navy Corpse-Man"?, or what about the time Obama spoke of these "Fallen Heroes" in his audience? I don't recall Obama correcting that embarrassing statement to the world.

They are not even remotely the same thing. Mispronouncing a word is one thing, using the totally wrong word is another. Then when you take the totality of his statements on that day his lie about using the wrong word makes no sense as it does not fit with the rest of what he said.
Or the interviews he gave in the 24 hours afterward, in which he did not mention needing to correct a misstatement. Someone here called his performance yesterday a "hostage video" and that is what it seemed like. He was reading from the paper, clearly, so there is one minor point I'm curious about:
Trump kicked off with one of his famous gaffes, saying the Queen reviewed her Honor Guard for the first time in 70 years during his visit. She has only been Queen 65 years and she reviews the Guard periodically, including during the Obamas' visit in 2011.
My question is, since Trump was reading a prepared statement, why did his aides who wrote it put in such erroneous information? Are THEY the reason he is always making boners?
Just a thought.
Thanks for admitting you didn’t see the statement; Trump did not read from anything as he was looking straight at the reporter.
I watched it right on the television! So you think he made up the parts where he wasn't looking at the paper? Is that what you're saying? Okay. That would explain it. Maybe he should just read from the paper, then.
If you watched it and your brain construed that Trump read from a cue card or teleprompter, you’ve got bigger problems than Trump.
Independent, I'm sure you'd rather argue about this than what the President was actually there to talk about. My question was tangential to the larger point.
He was very clearly reading from the paper when he got to the official statement about the woulds/wouldn'ts. I just assumed he would have had the whole thing written down, but you're probably right--he kicked off with his own befuddled facts according to Trump and then just read the important part that he was having his arm twisted to read.

Just a thought.
Independent, I'm sure you'd rather argue about this than what the President was actually there to talk about. My question was tangential to the larger point.
He was very clearly reading from the paper when he got to the official statement about the woulds/wouldn'ts. I just assumed he would have had the whole thing written down, but you're probably right--he kicked off with his own befuddled facts according to Trump and then just read the important part that he was having his arm twisted to read.
You claimed Trump read from some media.
He didn’t.
You invalidated your “testimony”.
But unlike the other bullshitters here, at least you responded.

Just a thought.
He didn’t.
YES he read from the paper! What is wrong with you?

He didn’t.
Trump read nothing when the reporter asked him.
Trump later looked down at the newspaper and then looked up and restated what he meant.

if Trump inadvertantly spoke about the great fallen heroes who attended a rally, Maxine and Al Green would be demanding impeachment

"Al Green"? :wtf:

Oh you mean like this --- ?

7ac7454d145cfea1ea8ad60fcce5e065.png

He didn’t.
Trump later looked down at the newspaper and then looked up and restated what he meant.
Okay. We're talking about different statements. I'm talking about the Cabinet Meeting statement yesterday. He wasn't responding to a reporter's question.

Nancy Pelosi has one hell of a list of things she's said over the last 10-20 years that she needs to explain

He didn’t.
Okay. We're talking about different statements. I'm talking about the Cabinet Meeting statement yesterday. He wasn't responding to a reporter's question.
He was reading a newspaper and looked up and then spoke.
Look, you were caught up in an adrenaline moment.
It happens to all of us.

He didn’t.
It happens to all of us.
hey, didnt some black female reporter say something like, "What The FFFK you doing?" on a hot mike? at least she explained her actions the next day.

He didn’t.
It happens to all of us.
Trump keeps up defense of Helsinki performance - CNNPolitics
His notes are right here--about thirty seconds in .

He didn’t.
It happens to all of us.
hey, didnt some black female reporter say something like, "What The FFFK you doing?" on a hot mike? at least she explained her actions the next day.

Actually "Fffk" isn't a word either but there was a local anchor who said "what the fuck are you doing" to a producer and then apologised after the commercial break.

There's a great big fourth wall in a broadcast studio. She jumped the gun.

Of course, if we as a collective society didn't play this hypocrisy game about "proper" words this would never have been a 'story' anyway.

Still, it isn't a comparison to the Rump reversal. A valid comparison would be if she came back and noted that she had meant to say, "what the fuck are you not doing".

Yes, conservatives are truly this stupid.

He didn’t.
It happens to all of us.
hey, didnt President Nixon once slipped up and said something pertaining to 1868? when he meant to say 1968?

So? How does that relate to Trump siding with Putin over our own agencies?

You're grasping at straws here trying to somehow minimize Trump's statements.

Did you read the title of the OP? I am not grasping at anything... I responded to the question in the title of the OP...

You know your second video says nothing about 'states' right?

I know it doesn't because I had to sit through it.

I did not know that there was qualifier for the competition...

Meh...

Which was more embarrassing? Claiming Hawaii as his 'state' of Birth and believing it is in Asia, pretty embarrassing actually...

The whole point to this 3 day exercise is Humans make mistakes... And your comrades try to beat up my comrades (verbally of coarse) and in return videos are pulled out and monikers are yelled at each other... I have a even dozen Joe Biden videos and stills in different shades of embarrassment that I can use... :04:

He didn’t.
It happens to all of us.
Trump keeps up defense of Helsinki performance - CNNPolitics
His notes are right here--about thirty seconds in .
Must you continue to embarrass yourself?
This "note" has zero to do with the video, which you testified you saw, where Trump looks at a newspaper and then looks up at the camera.

Forum List

Back