Trump Won't Allow Other Countries and Organizations to Aid Puerto Rico...

What the fuck is wrong with this guy? Despite the fact that the United States is CONSTANTLY sending aid and helping other countries when disaster strikes, Trump will not allow other countries and outside agencies to send aid to Puerto Rico... all because an act from 1920 that is all about business and NOT disaster relief. So a guy that points to money for all his decisions, is refusing to allow other countries to reciprocate aid for Americans in need... over a nearly century old law. All while it is being reported that between a third to a half of the residents of the island have no clean drinking water.

"Also called the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, the Jones Act requires all goods shipped between American ports to be on ships built, owned and operated in the United States."

Trump refuses to send more aid to Puerto Rico, citing business interests
The last I checked, the governor of Puerto Rico, thanked Trump and said that he was doing a good job of sending help. FEMA, the Coast Guard and the military are all assisting for the relief effort.

Then you haven't been checking often enough, and many are pissed about Trump even mentioning their debt in this time of need.
Your entire thread is a lie. You are a fucking liar. You are a fucking loser. Lying loser.

You are owned in every thread you start. No exceptions.

You are not even embarrassed. Which makes you just a pathetic blob.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy? Despite the fact that the United States is CONSTANTLY sending aid and helping other countries when disaster strikes, Trump will not allow other countries and outside agencies to send aid to Puerto Rico... all because an act from 1920 that is all about business and NOT disaster relief. So a guy that points to money for all his decisions, is refusing to allow other countries to reciprocate aid for Americans in need... over a nearly century old law. All while it is being reported that between a third to a half of the residents of the island have no clean drinking water.

"Also called the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, the Jones Act requires all goods shipped between American ports to be on ships built, owned and operated in the United States."

I think you should stop believing everything you read.

Notice the attempt in the story to prop up that lying despicable backstabbing asshole John McCain. A dead giveaway.
This is government red tape already in place before Trump took office. Oh, Trump waived the Jones Act last Thursday.

Puerto Rico is going to get the help it needs.

Maybe you should let the media and people do their job, as it was the pressure created from this criticism that got Trump to change course.

Trump said yesterday he was considering it. The damaged ports are the biggest problem.
Which makes sense. But goddamnit, lets bash trump.
They can't pass up on an opportunity to call him a racist.

"Trump doesn't care about Puerto Ricans."

th

The sooner the SHEEP LEARN that MSM puts the WRONG information out there so you hate him the sooner more sheep might realize how it's done on purpose so you react just like the poster of this Article. IT ISN'T TRUE

View attachment 151763

Trump waives Jones Act shipping restrictions for hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico

KEY WORD " WAIVED" .........

Dummy... he changed his mind after I the original article was written and this thread was posted. :rolleyes:

I think you should stop believing everything you read.

Notice the attempt in the story to prop up that lying despicable backstabbing asshole John McCain. A dead giveaway.
This is government red tape already in place before Trump took office. Oh, Trump waived the Jones Act last Thursday.

Puerto Rico is going to get the help it needs.

Maybe you should let the media and people do their job, as it was the pressure created from this criticism that got Trump to change course.
Bullshit.

The media thinks their job is to trash Republicans.

The sooner the SHEEP LEARN that MSM puts the WRONG information out there so you hate him the sooner more sheep might realize how it's done on purpose so you react just like the poster of this Article. IT ISN'T TRUE

View attachment 151763

Trump waives Jones Act shipping restrictions for hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico

KEY WORD " WAIVED" .........

Dummy... he changed his mind after I the original article was written and this thread was posted. :rolleyes:
If you say so.
This is just more fake NEWS, BTW

Liberal OP owned in his own thread. Lying fuck.

It's not a lie when he changes his mind after public and political pressure.

I think I've found the biggest issue with Trump supporters, they don't know what a lie is. Trump lies over and aver and they don't call him on it. I post an article calling out Trump using sources, that quote government people, and Trump changes his decision after it, and all of a sudden the original post is a lie.

"Updated | President Donald Trump waived the Jones Act for Puerto Rico on Thursday morning after initially stating he would not lift the restriction on international vessels in U.S. ports. The waiver was provided at Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello’s request, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a tweet."

I think I've found the biggest issue with Trump supporters, they don't know what a lie is. Trump lies over and aver and they don't call him on it. I post an article calling out Trump using sources, that quote government people, and Trump changes his decision after it, and all of a sudden the original post is a lie.

"Updated | President Donald Trump waived the Jones Act for Puerto Rico on Thursday morning after initially stating he would not lift the restriction on international vessels in U.S. ports. The waiver was provided at Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello’s request, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a tweet."

Everything you say is a lie. You are owned in your own thread again.

Go back to race card puppet strings loser.

You keep saying I'm a liar with nothing to back that up. You've provided NOTHING to this thread.

Trump literally said he was refusing to lift the Jones Act in a meeting with reporters. All you have done is prove you don't look at the sources provided to you as a source.

Just to show what a jerk you are:

Trump temporarily lifts Jones Act to bolster Puerto Rico relief

Thank God. This means more supplies and equipment can reach the ravaged island. Another piece of legislation supposedly enacted for good reasons that actually does more harm than good.

At @ricardorossello request, @POTUS has authorized the Jones Act be waived for Puerto Rico. It will go into effect immediately,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders wrote on Twitter, referring to Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló.

Story @ Trump temporarily lifts Jones Act to bolster Puerto Rico relief

You keep saying I'm a liar with nothing to back that up. You've provided NOTHING to this thread.

Trump literally said he was refusing to lift the Jones Act in a meeting with reporters. All you have done is prove you don't look at the sources provided to you as a source.

It was lifted this morning.

#Bullshitstory.

#Bullshitstory.

It's not a "story." It came straight from his lips... and he only changed his mind due to public pressure.

I'm lying?

:dunno:

I didn't write the article... and can you please explain why Trump waived the Jones Act for Houston and Florida?

:dunno:

He said it himself. Was it yesterday or today, on his way to play golf or eat ice cream, he talked about "shipping interests".

Blackrook - Why did trump waive the Jones Act for Houston and florida but is letting people die rather than do the same for Americans in the Caribbean? Thanks.

Here's why the Trump administration didn't waive the Jones Act for Puerto Rico

Over a week after Maria. Over 20 days after Irma. Florida and Texas were immediate.

And this is finally a start. Thousands of containers are already on the island with no fuel, drivers and transportation infrastructure to deliver them.

People can call me whatever they want...

I'm just happy that the outcry of the public forced him to change and that Puerto Rico will be getting more help. I know someone that lives there and I feel really sad for what they are dealing with.

What every American needs to know about Puerto Rico’s hurricane disaster
9 essential things to know about Puerto Rico's humanitarian crisis.

This hurricane season has been punishing for Puerto Rico. First, it got clipped by Hurricane Irma, a huge Category 5 storm whose eye passed just north of the island. That storm — which had ravaged several Caribbean islands — left 1 million people without power on Puerto Rico. By the time Maria hit, 60,000 people were still without electricity. That means there are many people on the island who haven’t had power for 20 days (Irma passed by on September 7).

Maria was a slightly smaller storm, but it was far, far more devastating. That’s because it charted a course directly over Puerto Rico, hit near its peak intensity, and passed around 25 miles away from San Juan, the capital, which is home to about 400,000 people. No nation or territory could suffer such a direct hit without some damage.

What every American needs to know about Puerto Rico’s hurricane disaster

House Democrats want White House briefing on Puerto Rico

Democrats also say they’re concerned by reports that the White House might not send Congress a formal request for disaster aid until several weeks from now, something lawmakers say is unacceptable given the state of the two U.S. territories.

Puerto Rico remains without power and many of its 3.5 million U.S. citizens have limited access to basic human necessities including food and clean water. The U.S. Virgin Islands and its more than 100,000 inhabitants were also devastated by the storm.

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have chided the Trump administration for what they say is an indefensibly slow response to help the territories after they were devastated by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

The White House said Thursday it would temporarily grant Puerto Rico a reprieve from the Jones Act, a decades-old law that blocks non-U.S. ships from transporting goods to the island.

The Trump administration denied a similar request two days ago, with the president telling reporters Wednesday that the shipping industry had objected to granting the waiver.

Democrats, in the letter, inviting Kelly and Duke, say the administration should also be sending telecommunication supplies to Puerto Rico to restore phone service and refrigeration units for food and medicine.

House Democrats want White House briefing on Puerto Rico

Forum List

Back