Trump Won't Allow Other Countries and Organizations to Aid Puerto Rico...

DHS advised the President that it was not necessary to give the waiver at that point in time. He listened to his advisors. DHS made a reassessment with input from all aid agencies and reversed the original decision.

What is your problem?

What is my problem? He waived it for Houston and Florida within hours. I'm not sure what you don't understand. So why do you think he changed his position in one day's period of time following all the public outcry yesterday? Did the conditions in Puerto Rico dramatically change? No... they didn't. What changed is, the public let him know how big of an utter asshole to put money ahead of the lives of American citizens.

When you put up your thread yesterday I had already posted in it a piece in the Business Insider that said he was still keeping the option open of the waiver following the DHS's reassessment of the conditions.

It wasn't your opinion or anyone else's other than DHS and other agencies agreeing it was time to implement the waiver. By the way the Jones Act has had no effect either way on the rescue/aid progress by the US agencies.

To say otherwise would be a bald face lie.

...and you continue to ignore the point being repeated to you several times now. Trump waived the Jones Act for Houston and Florida within hours of the hurricanes there. He didn't do that for Puerto Rico DESPITE the fact they are a fucking island that needs the help more than the other two.
The Jones Act was waived in Houston and Florida because of the damaged refineries and drilling platforms. No foreign country was bringing aid to either Houston or Florida.

Liberals, lying like the rugs they are.

It was waived within HOURS of the hurricanes, with no time to even think about the pros and cons of the results... and Houston and Florida aren't even islands that have to depend on ships for everything.

Even the post you just made is a symbol of the problem. You stated the decision was about oil not the people. :rolleyes:
Yeah......sure.....uh-huh.....
Oh really.......uh-huh....yep....yuppers..oh....how awful.:blahblah:

The truth of what it is like in Puerto Rico verses what Trump and his idiot staff want you to believe.

:boohoo:

The left thinks they can manufacture another Katrina. They can't pitch in and help, only criticize.

A pox on their houses.

So... you think you know more about the situation in Puerto Rico than the mayor of the capitol city there?

The truth of what it is like in Puerto Rico verses what Trump and his idiot staff want you to believe.

The left thinks they can manufacture another Katrina. They can't pitch in and help, only criticize.

A pox on their houses.

So... you think you know more about the situation in Puerto Rico than the mayor of the capitol city there?

No.....I just tend to take everything liberals say with a grain of salt.

They have this obvious penchant for lying for political gain.

A pox on their houses.

Congrats, you admitted you put politics before the well-being of American citizens.

So far I've seen Trump supporters in this thread put money, and now political party affiliation ahead of the importance of American citizen's lives.

:rolleyes:

You guys are the perfect example of why I became an Independent.

A pox on their houses.

Congrats, you admitted you put politics before the well-being of American citizens.

So far I've seen Trump supporters in this thread put money, and now political party affiliation ahead of the importance of American citizen's lives.

Yes.....because you're too ashamed to admit you're a Democrap.

A pox on their houses.

Yes.....because you're too ashamed to admit you're a Democrap.

Wrong. I've never been a Democrat, and in fact was born and raised Republican, and were one up until 2 years ago.

Forum List

Back