Trump wants blacks to gamble on his "what the hell do you have to lose"

In response to your dated information from an article in 2012, either the article was not aware of voter ID laws of those particular states or they were preying upon uninformed voters

Contemplate this.......In a moment of unexpected candor, the evil that men do is exposed.......

Pennsylvania Republican: Voter ID Laws Are ‘Gonna Allow Governor Romney To Win’

Pennsylvania Republican House Leader Mike Turzai (R-PA) finally admitted what so many have speculated: Voter identification efforts are meant to suppress Democratic votes in this year’s election.

At the Republican State Committee meeting, Turzai took the stage and let slip the truth about why Republicans are so insistent on voter identification efforts — it will win Romney the election, he said:

“We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we’ve talked about for years,” said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation — abortion facility regulations — in 22 years, done.
Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”

Pennsylvania Republican: Voter ID Laws Are ‘Gonna Allow Governor Romney To Win’ – ThinkProgress

Maybe he suspected a lot or cheating going on in that state.

NAT is just all over the place on this issue, from the Black Panthers, to blogs, to Romney. He seems to have difficulty in focusing on just one single issue before his mind starts wandering again. Perhaps it's stress or he has a left wing Kool-Aid deficiency?

That is what happens when your primary source of information is ThinkProgress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

certainly better than when your primary sources of information are faux news, breitbart, drudge and the rest of the rightwingnut blogosphere.

Actually all that's really needed is to go to a direct state government site to debunk any left wing outdated opinion [supposed] source concerning voter ID laws and requirements in regard to a particular state. Not all that hard to do ... it's called old fashioned "research", something the ThinkProgress article lacked.

Let me state this much....I believe that the half dozen or so right wingers that have kept this thread going, are...at the very least...."smart" enough to know that they will LOSE this Nov.....and probably lose in record-setting ways, and not only the WH, but the Senate as well and, of course, the SCOTUS............So, why do they still hang on and bitch and moan about how "unfair" blacks and other minorities are to their cause?

I'm not sure, but it must be a way to ease their anxieties and fears that the next few decades are the last vestiges of their societal white supremacy; aAs a white older male myself, I accept the upcoming changes as "natural" in our evolution.......but, like cornered rats, conservatives will feign the illusion of their waning strength all the way to their upcoming dying days......Sad, really.

I think what is sad is convincing yourself that you already won. You might be greatly disappointed.

This is an election like no other. What I mean by that is it's going to be almost impossible to predict. Polls tell us what people think, but not if they will come out and vote. There are too many pissed off people on both sides of the aisle to make any accurate prediction.

One indicator of what's going on is the attendance of the party runners. Hil-liar can't pack a high school gymnasium while Trump is packing professional sports arenas with standing room only. So it seems, the Trump voters can't wait to get to the polls while Hil-liars camp is pretty much asleep.

Plus there are too many things looming in the air. Trump could make an unforgivable gaff, while Hil-liars emails are still out there by people threatening to expose them, and God only knows what they contain!

I would like to think that people who hold freedom dearly would never think of voting for Hillary, but I won't be so over confident to think that Trump will bring down the tent hands down.

Likewise, the liberal democrats were so absolutely sure and convinced, the Republican Party couldn't possibly prove themselves to be relevant enough to take the legislative branch away from Pelosi and Reed.

1.If illegals are taking poor White and poor Black people's jobs republicans need to stop hiring them..

2. The voucher system won't benefit Blacks at all. The voucher system is just another attempt by republicans to privatize K-12 for profit.The republican base has already written Black progress off as unattainable due to what they see as low cognitive skills and a propensity for violence. Given that preconception, republicans are being duplicitous when they say the voucher system will help Black children to learn better. If you don't think that Blacks haven't realized that, you are badly mistaken. They know that when republicans advertise something in the interest of Black folks, the end product is rarely up to the standard as advertised.

The Black Alliance for Education Options released the results of a new survey of black voters in four states on education policy. The poll found that more than six in ten blacks in Alabama, Louisiana, New Jersey, and Tennessee support school vouchers.

Survey Says: Black Voters Support School Choice

Research: Louisiana's School Voucher Program Harms Student ...
www.usnews.com/.../research-louisianas-school-voucher-p...
U.S. News & World Report
Feb 22, 2016 - In particular, their likelihood of a failing score increased by 24 to 50 percent. ... Louisiana's voucher system provides about 6,700 students with about $5,300 ... During their second year in private school, the downward trend …

School Vouchers Under The Microscope: Do They Really Improve Student Achievement? Milwaukee School Choice Program, which was not only the first but also the largest school voucher program in the country, has fallen under fire after voucher students failed to surpass their public school counterparts in state tests.

Studies Show Vouchers Ineffective

Studies consistently show that vouchers not only fail to boost student academic performance, but many students in voucher schools actually do worse than their voucher-less peers.

Consider Wisconsin’s private school voucher program, which at 23 years and counting makes it the oldest of its kind in the United States. In 2011, a study found that students participating in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program scored proficient or advanced on standardized tests at a rate of 34.4 percent in math and 55.2 percent for reading, but students in Milwaukee Public Schools scored proficient or advanced at a rate of 47.8 percent in math and 59 percent in reading on the same assessments, according to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.

The results have been equally unspectacular elsewhere. An analysis of Louisiana’s voucher program, released in May, found about 40 percent of third through eighth graders receiving vouchers scored at or above their grade level on statewide tests in English, math, social studies and science; by comparison, 69 percent of all third through eighth grade students statewide scored at or above grade level on those tests.

Likewise, a 2003 study of Cleveland’s then eight-year-old voucher scheme showed the program failed to boost the academic performance of the students taking part in it. The analysis, conducted by independent researcher Kim Metcalf of Indiana University, found that students participating in the program are doing no better academically than their public school counterparts.

I guess your lBack Alliance friends don't know about these studies, HUNH?????

Well actually my post was to point out that blacks do prefer school vouchers over no choice at all. And I'm sure I can find all kinds of evidence and pieces on the success of school vouchers. But instead of getting into a Google pissing contest, what your posts say is that better schools have no impact on black children. So I would assume then that if we poured more money into public schools, it wouldn't make much of a difference; something we Republicans have been saying for decades.

Also, it seems to me these studies of yours are very vague. It's generalizations and not specific given the fact it's the parent that chooses the schools their children attend. If a parent chooses a school not known for success, then it's the parent that made the bad decision, not the voucher program itself.
1.Your study was sponsored by republican businessmen. But i wonder why that study focused on a few Blacks who allegedly support vouchers and not the comparative studies that show voucher schools have no appreciable difference on educational outcomes.
That is awfully suspicious to me.

2. You must have missed the part in my link that showed some voucher schools did worst than public schools in educating students.

Studies consistently show that vouchers not only fail to boost student academic performance, but many students in voucher schools actually do worse than their voucher-less peers.

That sentence is a powerful blow to the school voucher proponents. It also defangs your bite at financial support for public schools.

Yet I'm sure that's why so many democrat politicians put their kids through which type of school? Damn, I though your Democrat politicians would be in full support of your argument towards "quality" public education? Kind of sucks knowing those you put into office to represent you, don't feel the education they provide you is good enough for their OWN kids.. Ouch! So much for your argument there buddy.

1.If illegals are taking poor White and poor Black people's jobs republicans need to stop hiring them..

2. The voucher system won't benefit Blacks at all. The voucher system is just another attempt by republicans to privatize K-12 for profit.The republican base has already written Black progress off as unattainable due to what they see as low cognitive skills and a propensity for violence. Given that preconception, republicans are being duplicitous when they say the voucher system will help Black children to learn better. If you don't think that Blacks haven't realized that, you are badly mistaken. They know that when republicans advertise something in the interest of Black folks, the end product is rarely up to the standard as advertised.

The Black Alliance for Education Options released the results of a new survey of black voters in four states on education policy. The poll found that more than six in ten blacks in Alabama, Louisiana, New Jersey, and Tennessee support school vouchers.

U.S. News & World Report
Feb 22, 2016 - In particular, their likelihood of a failing score increased by 24 to 50 percent. ... Louisiana's voucher system provides about 6,700 students with about $5,300 ... During their second year in private school, the downward trend …

School Vouchers Under The Microscope: Do They Really Improve Student Achievement? Milwaukee School Choice Program, which was not only the first but also the largest school voucher program in the country, has fallen under fire after voucher students failed to surpass their public school counterparts in state tests.

Consider Wisconsin’s private school voucher program, which at 23 years and counting makes it the oldest of its kind in the United States. In 2011, a study found that students participating in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program scored proficient or advanced on standardized tests at a rate of 34.4 percent in math and 55.2 percent for reading, but students in Milwaukee Public Schools scored proficient or advanced at a rate of 47.8 percent in math and 59 percent in reading on the same assessments, according to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.

The results have been equally unspectacular elsewhere. An analysis of Louisiana’s voucher program, released in May, found about 40 percent of third through eighth graders receiving vouchers scored at or above their grade level on statewide tests in English, math, social studies and science; by comparison, 69 percent of all third through eighth grade students statewide scored at or above grade level on those tests.

Likewise, a 2003 study of Cleveland’s then eight-year-old voucher scheme showed the program failed to boost the academic performance of the students taking part in it. The analysis, conducted by independent researcher Kim Metcalf of Indiana University, found that students participating in the program are doing no better academically than their public school counterparts.

Well actually my post was to point out that blacks do prefer school vouchers over no choice at all. And I'm sure I can find all kinds of evidence and pieces on the success of school vouchers. But instead of getting into a Google pissing contest, what your posts say is that better schools have no impact on black children. So I would assume then that if we poured more money into public schools, it wouldn't make much of a difference; something we Republicans have been saying for decades.

Also, it seems to me these studies of yours are very vague. It's generalizations and not specific given the fact it's the parent that chooses the schools their children attend. If a parent chooses a school not known for success, then it's the parent that made the bad decision, not the voucher program itself.
1.Your study was sponsored by republican businessmen. But i wonder why that study focused on a few Blacks who allegedly support vouchers and not the comparative studies that show voucher schools have no appreciable difference on educational outcomes.

2. You must have missed the part in my link that showed some voucher schools did worst than public schools in educating students.

That sentence is a powerful blow to the school voucher proponents. It also defangs your bite at financial support for public schools.

Yet I'm sure that's why so many democrat politicians put their kids through which type of school? Damn, I though your Democrat politicians would be in full support of your argument towards "quality" public education? Kind of sucks knowing those you put into office to represent you, don't feel the education they provide you is good enough for their OWN kids.. Ouch! So much for your argument there buddy.
Politicians and celebrities are well heeled enough to spend their own money to send their kids to private schools and they do so for security purposes. Their kids are more vulnerable in regards to being targets for kidnappers seeking ransoms. It isn't because the private school is better than the top public schools in academic pursuits but pvt schools seem to be more secure.

U.S. News & World Report

Other than Jimmy Carters girl, I don't know any Democratic politician that sends or sent their kids to private schools. Of couse these people on the board believe private schools are inferior to public schools, yet the rich send their kids there.

Same Congress members, how many off them are on Obamacare?

The left hypocrisy is mind numbing.

U.S. News & World Report

Politicians and celebrities are well heeled enough to spend their own money to send their kids to private schools and they do so for security purposes. Their kids are more vulnerable in regards to being targets for kidnappers seeking ransoms. It isn't because the private school is better than the top public schools in academic pursuits but pvt schools seem to be more secure.

We don't want the poor to get the kind of education that the rich get.

What did the blacks have to lose when they tried to rent from Comrade Trump and his dad years ago. They had a signal to keep them from renting an apartment. The Feds figured it out and slammed them. But Comrade Trump lies about it now.

U.S. News & World Report

So you believe these politicians would rather simply put up with their kids going through a "less than adequate" education system, that doesn't offer the very best opportunity for their kids to be successful? You are actually telling me that kids in public education are better equipped to succeed in achieving a position in an Ivy League School than any one of these Democrat politicians who put their children through a private school? Yes or no?

U.S. News & World Report

So you believe these politicians would rather simply put up with their kids going through a "less than adequate" education system, that doesn't offer the very best opportunity for their kids to be successful? You are actually telling me that kids in public education are better equipped to succeed in achieving a position in an Ivy League School than any one of these Democrat politicians who put their children through a private school? Yes or no?

I am not sure all politicians send their kids to private schools and you have provided no evidence they all do. Nevertheless, I will call into evidence the public schooling of Michelle Obama in Chicago of all places. She graduated from the Whitney M. Young magnet school and after that there was no stopping her. There are many public schools of that caliber. We should strive to make them ALL that way. Some private schools may be as good as the Whitney Young school but too many don't meet the same standards. You seem to think ALL private schools meet the same standards. I have posted studies that show they do not...

I am not sure all politicians send their kids to private schools and you have provided no evidence they all do. Nevertheless, I will call into evidence the public schooling of Michelle Obama in Chicago of all places. She graduated from the Whitney M. Young magnet school and after that there was no stopping her. There are many public schools of that caliber. We should strive to make them ALL that way. Some private schools may be as good as the Whitney Young school but too many don't meet the same standards. You seem to think ALL private schools meet the same standards. I have posted studies that show they do not...

So the rich send their kids to sub-standard schools? You seriously believe that?

So they're wise to stay slaves to a party where the President that got it all started said he'd have them doing what they've gladly obliged for 50 years now? Tells me they either don't want to do better or they're too stupid to do better.

Blacks endured Reagan and the two Bushes for a total of 20 years. Very little changed for them, if anything ,during that time. Don't you think Blacks would have wandered off your imagined Democratic Plantation if the GOP's Plantation offered a better deal? Obviously, the GOP left a bad impression.
You live in an alternative universe..More blacks are out of the workforce or cant find jobs. Race relations are worst than ever under this scum Obama
Blacks have always had 2X the number of unemployed as Whites since integration. And race relations are not worse under Obama, more racists just came out of the closet when he became president!
Yeah, Ferguson was just somebody accidently dropping a few hundred matches whilst trying to light a cigarette.

Ferguson was a reactive approach to racism. The catalyst that set that reaction off was the shooting of Michael Brown, even if he was a thug!

Ferguson was the reaction of racist thugs assuming the worst of the cops and unwilling to accept any explanation of what happened other than the cops were acting out of racism. And they were being egged on by their leaders. This kind of behavior fuels racism and keeps it alive and well and it is wrong, wrong, wrong. Unconscionable. What Trump offers in the place of this kind of stupidity is quality education, law and order, and return the violent ghettos back into peaceful and prosperous places to live and work.

So who should black people listen to? The ones who fueled the flames at Ferguson that only makes things worse for everybody? Or somebody who at least is trying to offer a way out?

Blacks endured Reagan and the two Bushes for a total of 20 years. Very little changed for them, if anything ,during that time. Don't you think Blacks would have wandered off your imagined Democratic Plantation if the GOP's Plantation offered a better deal? Obviously, the GOP left a bad impression.
You live in an alternative universe..More blacks are out of the workforce or cant find jobs. Race relations are worst than ever under this scum Obama
Blacks have always had 2X the number of unemployed as Whites since integration. And race relations are not worse under Obama, more racists just came out of the closet when he became president!
Yeah, Ferguson was just somebody accidently dropping a few hundred matches whilst trying to light a cigarette.

Ferguson was a reactive approach to racism. The catalyst that set that reaction off was the shooting of Michael Brown, even if he was a thug!

Ferguson was the reaction of racist thugs assuming the worst of the cops and unwilling to accept any explanation of what happened other than the cops were acting out of racism. And they were being egged on by their leaders. This kind of behavior fuels racism and keeps it alive and well and it is wrong, wrong, wrong. Unconscionable. What Trump offers in the place of this kind of stupidity is quality education, law and order, and return the violent ghettos back into peaceful and prosperous places to live and work.

So who should black people listen to? The ones who fueled the flames at Ferguson? Or somebody who offers a way out?

Don't bother...JQ is a racist.

So who should black people listen to? The ones who fueled the flames at Ferguson? Or somebody who offers a way out?

I'll accept anybody giving me a crack in the door to insert some common sense though.

I'll accept anybody giving me a crack in the door to insert some common sense though.
JQ isn't the answer to the question.

So who should black people listen to? The ones who fueled the flames at Ferguson that only makes things worse for everybody? Or somebody who at least is trying to offer a way out?
I am not going to re debate the worn out dialogue about Ferguson. The Justice Department's investigation and subsequent report on th4e Ferguson PD supports my premise and debunks yours.

Those "thuggish assumptions" turned out to be quite valid.

And Ferguson has been transformed.

Now the city government, and the streets themselves, look much different.

The city has a new police chief, a new city manager and a new municipal judge – all blacks who replaced white leaders. All Ferguson officers wear body cameras. The city council has new members, too, several of whom are black. And the business district that was at the centre of last year’s sometimes-violent protests is slowly rebuilding.

Reagan didn't do it. Neither of the "SHRUBS" did it. and Trump wouldn't have done it. It took an Obama to make a peaceful transition like that.

I am not going to re debate the worn out dialogue about Ferguson. The Justice Department's investigation and subsequent report on th4e Ferguson PD supports my premise and debunks yours.

The city has a new police chief, a new city manager and a new municipal judge – all blacks who replaced white leaders. All Ferguson officers wear body cameras. The city council has new members, too, several of whom are black. And the business district that was at the centre of last year’s sometimes-violent protests is slowly rebuilding.

Reagan didn't do it. Neither of the "SHRUBS" did it. and Trump wouldn't have done it. It took an Obama to make a peaceful transition like that.
Of course Ferguson looks different.
Blacks burn down a block or two and Federal Taxes come in and build a brand new street.
Not a bad deal.

I do't believe in race…Do you?

I do't believe in race…Do you?

I lived in Brooklyn during the 1978(?) blackout when the Blacks destroyed Flatbush.
Look, I get frustration.
For something like Ferguson to happen in today's world shows there a REAL problem festering in both the Black community and in our Economic Policy.

But you just see Honky being evil.
Clinton ain't gonna make it better.

Blacks burn down a block or two and Federal Taxes come in and build a brand new street.
Not a bad deal.
Where did you hear that? And after you answer that, comment on the more representative city government and the infusion of democracy in Ferguson. Obama did what Trump is incapable of for the Blacks of Ferguson. If Trump had been president during the Ferguson unrest, there would have been far more bloodshed and the town would be under occupation by a militarized police force and possibly the national guard. And you RW jackasses would be sitting back grinning with glee!

Not a bad deal.
Where did you hear that? And after you answer that, comment on the more representative city government and the infusion of democracy in Ferguson. Obama did what Trump is incapable of for the Blacks of Ferguson. If Trump had been president during the Ferguson unrest, there would have been far more bloodshed and the town would be under occupation by a militarized police force and possibly the national guard. And you RW jackasses would be sitting back grinning with glee!

It is up to the Governor to request help.
I presume the local police and State Militia would be called in way before the Military.
Obama has done NOTHING to prevent these situation which seem to be occurring more often than ever.

Your turn to blame Whitey.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back