Trump: "true hero" of Vietnam

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Draft-Dodger Trump: My Military-Themed School Was Tough As Vietnam
Donald Trump never served in the military. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth to exceedingly wealthy parents, he somehow managed to dodge the draft with a high number and a questionable foot injury. However, he did attend a military-themed private school, which he says left him with “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military,” and that he “always felt that I was in the military.”

Yes, Trump seems to feel that playing army at a school for the spawn of the overprivileged elite is just like real military service. He goes on to say in his new book, which he apparently wrote himself, that “after the Vietnam War, all those military academies lost ground because people really disrespected the military…They weren’t sending their kids to military school. It was a whole different thing, but in those days — 1964 I graduated — that was a very good thing or tough thing, and it was a real way of life at military academy.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deferments Helped Trump Dodge Vietnam

How the presidential candidate avoided combat

However, Selective Service records reveal that Trump, the fortunate son of a multimillionaire real estate baron, took repeated steps to avoid serving in Vietnam.

By the time his number (356) was drawn during the December 1, 1969 draft lottery, Trump had already received four student deferments and a medical deferment, according to military records on file with the National Archives and Records Administration. An extract of Trump’s Selective Classification record, seen here, was provided in response to a TSG records request.

In fact, the December 1969 draft lottery occurred about 18 months after Trump graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, where he studied business at the Wharton School. So, while claiming that he would “never forget” being at Wharton watching the draft numbers being drawn, the 64-year-old Trump seems to have misremembered, as candidates are fond of saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trump Says He Heroically Avoided Capture in Vietnam by Staying in U.S.

AMES, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—Presidential candidate Donald Trump revealed a little-known episode of personal heroism from his youth on Saturday, telling an Iowa audience that he narrowly avoided capture in Vietnam by remaining in the United States for the duration of the war.

“The Cong were after me,” Trump said, visibly stirred by the memory. “And then, just in the nick of time, I got my deferment.”

The former reality-show star said he had never shared his record as a war hero before because “I don’t like to boast.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...-avoided-capture-in-vietnam-by-staying-in-u-s
“Those brave Americans who, like me, avoided being captured by not serving at all—we are the true heroes,” he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donald Trump Likens His Schooling to Military Service in Book
No wonder he spit on POWs and our military.

That claim may raise eyebrows given that Mr. Trump, now a Republican presidential candidate, never served in the military and mocked Senator John McCain of Arizona, a decorated naval aviator, for his captivity of several years during the Vietnam War.

“He’s not a war hero,” Mr. Trump said in July. “He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.”

The Repubs and RWs hate our military, hate our vets and hate their families. No wonder Trump is popular.

Well, at least you're not praising Ho Chi Mihn like you bed wetting ilk did in the 60's.

Well, at least you're not praising Ho Chi Mihn like you bed wetting ilk did in the 60's.

Where is the OP's source? No links NOTHING? I call bullsh8t on the OP until he starts posting links to his source.
One of his "sources" is the COMIC section of the New Yorker. Here it is...http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...-avoided-capture-in-vietnam-by-staying-in-u-s

The ENTIRE POST is BULLSH*T. It's ALL FAKE. Add to that the OP boosted SOMEONE ELSE'S work and presented it AS HIS.

Where is the OP's source? No links NOTHING? I call bullsh8t on the OP until he starts posting links to his source.

Dorko - There are four links in the OP.

Concentrate real hard and, hey, if necessary, call Sheriff Joe for help to find them.

Idiot.

One of his "sources" is the COMIC section of the New Yorker. Here it is...http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...-avoided-capture-in-vietnam-by-staying-in-u-s

The ENTIRE POST is BULLSH*T. It's ALL FAKE. Add to that the OP boosted SOMEONE ELSE'S work and presented it AS HIS.

Four different articles, four different links.

PROVE they are fake.

And if you believe I plagiarized anything, report me to mods.

What's your IQ again?

Maybe heroes like John Kerry are more of the OP's liking.

Maybe heroes like John Kerry are more of the OP's liking.

Oh. You mean Kerry is a draft dodger who says he's a "true hero" because he hid out at home?

You idiots need to get a new lie.

Joe "5 deferrments" Biden

Barack "First Goat Fuckers Brigade" Obama

Post where Biden said he's a "true hero" because he stayed home.

What's the point of the lie about President Obama?

Why do RWs hate our military so much?

The DNC is strong in that one....just standard agitprop...

This is from the writers own byline;

The Borowitz Report

The news, reshuffled.

yeah..right...that's what we need..more "reshuffled" "news".
You can tell right away by the inflammatory and biased language it was a hit piece...

WELL?

One link makes fun of asshole coward Drumpf. Just like you, he lied to get out of the draft.

Last edited:
Why do RWs hate our military so much?
I had no idea that she was a RW ?? ...... :cool:

janefonda.jpg

Dorko - There are four links in the OP.

Concentrate real hard and, hey, if necessary, call Sheriff Joe for help to find them.

Idiot.
I chose to send an email to the New Yorker instead.

Forum List

Back