Trump Tower now called "Dump Tower" on Google Maps.

They've got eight years to act like children so just sit back and laugh at their idiocy. They're harmless and it gives them something to do to try to ease their buttcrack chafing.

Do you guys know the stuff Trump promised the city in order to build his building higher than they were going to allow? I read an article that showed how bad Trump has let the tower go... with all kinds of broken stuff and one of the park terraces is always closed when he is supposed to leave it open to the public.

My Visit to the Trump Dump.... Sorry, Trump Tower
What a sleazy fucking hit piece. Is that really the best that douche nozzles like you can do?

Do you guys know the stuff Trump promised the city in order to build his building higher than they were going to allow? I read an article that showed how bad Trump has let the tower go... with all kinds of broken stuff and one of the park terraces is always closed when he is supposed to leave it open to the public.

What a sleazy fucking hit piece. Is that really the best that douche nozzles like you can do?

I suppose you have evidence to back your opinion? Or should we call you Comey?

I read the piece. The guy is complaining about the condition of the women's restroom. Then he posts a photo of the Janitor's closet.

This is supposed to be a credible piece of journalism? It's obvious trash. Only a retard like you would be stupid enough to believe it's credible.

I read the piece. The guy is complaining about the condition of the women's restroom. Then he posts a photo of the Janitor's closet.

This is supposed to be a credible piece of journalism? It's obvious trash. Only a retard like you would be stupid enough to believe it's credible.

Yes, photos aren't credible... yes Esquire Magazine is now one of the fake news sites.

Is anyone else seeing the trend here? ALL forms of media that post anything anti-Trump is fake or isn't credible? :cuckoo:

Yes, photos aren't credible... yes Esquire Magazine is now one of the fake news sites.

Is anyone else seeing the trend here? ALL forms of media that post anything anti-Trump is fake or isn't credible? :cuckoo:

What do the photos show, a tile out of place, a light pole missing it's base, a janitors closet that doesn't look like you could eat off the floor? The article shows nothing of any interest. Go into any building on Fifth Avenue and you can take hundreds of such photos.

Last edited:

What do the photos show, a tile out of place, a light pole missing it's base, a janitors that doesn't look like you could eat off the floor? The article shows nothing of any interest. Go into any building on Fifth Avenue and you can take hundreds of such photos.

Yeah it shows the areas that Trump said he would take care of and have open to the public in return for being allowed to build the Tower more levels than allowed...used as storage, trash, not taken care of, and in one case... not open to the public.

Graffiti? Outside electric sockets with no covers? You're an engineer and I have to point out the obvious violations here?

Stop whining...

25jedyg.png

What do the photos show, a tile out of place, a light pole missing it's base, a janitors that doesn't look like you could eat off the floor? The article shows nothing of any interest. Go into any building on Fifth Avenue and you can take hundreds of such photos.

Yeah it shows the areas that Trump said he would take care of and have open to the public in return for being allowed to build the Tower more levels than allowed...used as storage, trash, not taken care of, and in one case... not open to the public.

Graffiti? Outside electric sockets with no covers? You're an engineer and I have to point out the obvious violations here?

Trump International Hotel and Tower (New York City) - Wikipedia

Apparently you don't know jack about it because the tower was already built before Trump bought it and replaced the facade of the building:

The building was originally the Gulf and Western Building, designed by Thomas E. Stanley and built in 1969.[3] The tower was designed for office use, and was built in isolation, away from other high-rise buildings. Because of this, the building would slightly sway during strong winds, a minor inconvenience that did not exist for buildings built close to each other.[4]

In 1994, businessman and President-elect of the United States Donald Trump became involved with the building and planned to convert it into a hotel that would include condominium units. Because of zoning laws, only approximately 200 units could be used as condominiums, while the lower portion of the tower – up to the 14th floor – would be used for hotel rooms.[4]

Paramount Communications (previously Gulf and Western) was the tenant of the office building at the time, with its lease set to expire in April 1995, at which point Trump could begin renovations on the building. Trump planned to have trusses and columns installed throughout the building to make the tower rigid and stable, in order to remove the impact of strong winds. The reconstruction process was expected to take two years, at a cost of $230 million.[4] Between 1995 and 1997, the building was stripped to its skeleton and given a new facade designed by Philip Johnson and Costas Kondylis.[citation needed]

The building is used as the setting of the 2011 comedy crime film Tower Heist.[5]

Apparently you don't know jack about it because the tower was already built before Trump bought it and replaced the facade of the building:

The building was originally the Gulf and Western Building, designed by Thomas E. Stanley and built in 1969.[3] The tower was designed for office use, and was built in isolation, away from other high-rise buildings. Because of this, the building would slightly sway during strong winds, a minor inconvenience that did not exist for buildings built close to each other.[4]

In 1994, businessman and President-elect of the United States Donald Trump became involved with the building and planned to convert it into a hotel that would include condominium units. Because of zoning laws, only approximately 200 units could be used as condominiums, while the lower portion of the tower – up to the 14th floor – would be used for hotel rooms.[4]

Paramount Communications (previously Gulf and Western) was the tenant of the office building at the time, with its lease set to expire in April 1995, at which point Trump could begin renovations on the building. Trump planned to have trusses and columns installed throughout the building to make the tower rigid and stable, in order to remove the impact of strong winds. The reconstruction process was expected to take two years, at a cost of $230 million.[4] Between 1995 and 1997, the building was stripped to its skeleton and given a new facade designed by Philip Johnson and Costas Kondylis.[citation needed]

The building is used as the setting of the 2011 comedy crime film Tower Heist.[5]

You sure you are talking about the same place?

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...de-a-deal-with-new-york-city-that-hed-provide

Trump Tower is a 58-story mixed-use skyscraper located on Fifth Avenue between 56th and 57th Streets in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Trump Tower serves as the headquarters for The Trump Organization and houses the primary penthouse condominium residence of U.S. President-elect Donald Trump.

Designed by Der Scutt of Poor, Swanke, Hayden & Connell and developed by Trump and the Equitable Life Assurance Company (renamed the AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company in 2004), the building broke ground in 1979, with the atrium, apartments, offices, and stores opening on a staggered schedule from February to November 1983.

Apparently you don't know what TRUMP TOWER is. :badgrin:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...de-a-deal-with-new-york-city-that-hed-provide

From your article:

In his 2000 book about POPS in New York, Harvard urban design professor Jerold Kayden praised Trump and architect Philip Johnson for renovating the public space at Trump International Hotel. “What was once an afterthought has become a usable plaza,” Kayden wrote.

Notice the name on my link

From your article:

In his 2000 book about POPS in New York, Harvard urban design professor Jerold Kayden praised Trump and architect Philip Johnson for renovating the public space at Trump International Hotel. “What was once an afterthought has become a usable plaza,” Kayden wrote.

And... notice from the link... that the deal was made to allow Trump to build his Trump Tower 20 stories taller as long as he had and continued upkeep of public gardens. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about this. You were wrong.

From your article:

And... notice from the link... that the deal was made to allow Trump to build his Trump Tower 20 stories taller as long as he had and continued upkeep of public gardens. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about this. You were wrong.

Apparently you didn't understand when my cites said. The building already existed when Trump bought it. He changed the skin on the outside to make it look more modern. No one ever adds 20 stories to an existing building. The city planning department wouldn't allow it. The columns on the bottom floor of a building are engineered to support a specific load. Adding 20 more floors to the building would greatly exceed the design load. Your story about being granted permission to add 20 floors to the building just doesn't wash. It never happened. Your story if pure fiction. It never happened.

From your article:

Apparently you didn't understand when my cites said. The building already existed when Trump bought it. He changed the skin on the outside to make it look more modern. No one ever adds 20 stories to an existing building. The city planning department wouldn't allow it. The columns on the bottom floor of a building are engineered to support a specific load. Adding 20 more floors to the building would greatly exceed the design load. Your story about being granted permission to add 20 floors to the building just doesn't wash. It never happened. Your story if pure fiction. It never happened.

Ok, so you are saying that Trump did build Trump Tower starting in 1979?

Forum List

Back