Trump threatens to undermine Obamacare to get Democrats to negotiate

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL
Apr 12, 2017, 10:03 PM ET

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal Wednesday, Trump suggested the federal government would hold back key subsidy payments made to health insurers offering insurance to low-income Americans.

“Obamacare is dead next month if it doesn’t get that money,” Trump said. “I haven’t made my viewpoint clear yet. I don’t want people to get hurt.”

The payments are at the center of an ongoing legal battle between the previous administration and House Republicans, who argue the payments were made improperly without congressional approval.

The Obama administration filed an appeal to a federal judge’s ruling in favor of House Republicans, which Republicans extended after the inauguration. To stop the payments, which the government is still making, the Trump administration would simply have to drop the appeal.

“It wasn’t authorized by Congress," Trump told the Journal. “I’m going to have to make a decision.”

Trump threatens to stop crucial Obamacare payments to insurers

Wonderful I hope this pile of you know what does go ahead and does that. Look at Ryans mug, both are pieces of crap and we need to get rid of the crap. Go ahead Trump.

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal Wednesday, Trump suggested the federal government would hold back key subsidy payments made to health insurers offering insurance to low-income Americans.

“Obamacare is dead next month if it doesn’t get that money,” Trump said. “I haven’t made my viewpoint clear yet. I don’t want people to get hurt.”

The payments are at the center of an ongoing legal battle between the previous administration and House Republicans, who argue the payments were made improperly without congressional approval.

The Obama administration filed an appeal to a federal judge’s ruling in favor of House Republicans, which Republicans extended after the inauguration. To stop the payments, which the government is still making, the Trump administration would simply have to drop the appeal.

“It wasn’t authorized by Congress," Trump told the Journal. “I’m going to have to make a decision.”

Wonderful I hope this pile of you know what does go ahead and does that. Look at Ryans mug, both are pieces of crap and we need to get rid of the crap. Go ahead Trump.

This guy has a scrambled brain. I thought our past President's flipped flopped man this guy takes the case.

Just two days ago he agree to keep the cost sharing payment's going to insurance companies. Today he will not fund it if dems don't play along with him since he can't get his own party to work with him. If he keeps this shit up no one will have insurance in 2018 because insurance companies can not set plans and rates. They were suppose to submit this month as cutoff, Trump extended to June. They have to be approved by each respective states and then sent on to the govt.

When he flips he always denies that he did not, so are these signs of dementia?

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

This guy has a scrambled brain. I thought our past President's flipped flopped man this guy takes the case.

Just two days ago he agree to keep the cost sharing payment's going to insurance companies. Today he will not fund it if dems don't play along with him since he can't get his own party to work with him. If he keeps this shit up no one will have insurance in 2018 because insurance companies can not set plans and rates. They were suppose to submit this month as cutoff, Trump extended to June. They have to be approved by each respective states and then sent on to the govt.

I don't know if he has dementia, sometimes I think so. Just saying that makes the insurance companies nervous and combine that with the GOP propaganda on the ACA since inception it makes everyone nervous.

If any democrats co sign onto that Ryan shit that they tried to pass, just to give Trump and the GOP something to brag about next year during election time, then these mf's deserve to lose. I say let the fuckin GOP do what they want with ACA, Kansas election proved one thing....these white racist Trump loving mf's, will support the guy to the end....until you fuck with their Obamacare.

If any democrats co sign onto that Ryan shit that they tried to pass, just to give Trump and the GOP something to brag about next year during election time, then these mf's deserve to lose. I say let the fuckin GOP do what they want with ACA, Kansas election proved one thing....these white racist Trump loving mf's, will support the guy to the end....until you fuck with their Obamacare.

Oh I kind of doubt any dems will sign onto the Ryan plan.

There are some changes that need to made to ACA but not a repeal. One is about to take place to the detriment of some policy holder's. It pertains to people who learned they can go without 3 months without penalty and does not pay premium's from Oct to end of year but then wants to re enroll for Jan 1. The administration is going let insurance companies deny coverage on these people until they pay those 3 months of premium's.

Beyond that they can fix the family glitch and tweak a few other things.

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

I don't know if he has dementia, sometimes I think so. Just saying that makes the insurance companies nervous and combine that with the GOP propaganda on the ACA since inception it makes everyone nervous.

Penny, dear. Since you CLAIM to be a health care worker-----AT LEAST try NO to use technical terms you do not understand. ------in this case ---avoid the term
"dementia"

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

They've been undermining Obamacare for 8 years. Democrats should be used to it, and only come to the table to fix it, not to stop firther undermining.

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

They've been undermining Obamacare for 8 years. Democrats should be used to it, and only come to the table to fix it, not to stop firther undermining.

If they can fix parts of it I say go for it, but if trump wants them to completely repeal the only thing I could agree on is Medicare for most.

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

If they can fix parts of it I say go for it, but if trump wants them to completely repeal the only thing I could agree on is Medicare for most.
Trump will not completely repeal because it would be political suicide, and politics are what's most important to him and the GOP.

Inproving the ACA is long overdue and republicans should start doing their jobs and make it better. How many times did they vote for repeal, 61? Enough games.

You guys above are just catching on to hard ball politics played by both parties?

One year from now the snakes will go on and on about how Obamacare failed after they pulled every leg out from under it..
Why can't the jerks just fix the problems and let the people decide for themselves..it is not the law anymore so what is the f-ing problem.

They are not working for the people of this country,, but for the $$$ that is donated to their reelections..

I thought this was what Trump was fighting against when he stepped into the political arena..the Swamp..

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

Trump will not completely repeal because it would be political suicide, and politics are what's most important to him and the GOP.

Inproving the ACA is long overdue and republicans should start doing their jobs and make it better. How many times did they vote for repeal, 61? Enough games.

Yep, pubs voted many times to repeal, said they had a plan. Must be they lied. I live in an area that 98% voted for Trump and always has voted republican. I also know many of these people could not afford to pay full price for a health insurance plan and were highly subsidized and they are all hoping nothing is done with ACA. Can's make this shit up. Sad thing is they will all vote republican in future election's.

One year from now the snakes will go on and on about how Obamacare failed after they pulled every leg out from under it..
Why can't the jerks just fix the problems and let the people decide for themselves..it is not the law anymore so what is the f-ing problem.

They are not working for the people of this country,, but for the $$$ that is donated to their reelections..

I thought this was what Trump was fighting against when he stepped into the political arena..the Swamp..

What is not the law ACA? Wrong it very much is still the law.

----------------------------------------------------- people were fine and decided for themselves LONG before mrobama and 'obamacare' came along EWings .

----------------------------------------------------- people were fine and decided for themselves LONG before mrobama and 'obamacare' came along EWings .

But on an individual plan some 40% were either declined, put certain restrictions or rated them up.

traditional way was to pay for your own insurance or get it at work or get it through your spouse's job . I am for the TRADITIONAL Way DDowner !!

And now, President Trump has basically signed the death warrant for the stretch of a policy known as the "individual mandate." He did that by signing an Executive Order on Friday that instructs the Health and Human Services Department to do all it can to "grant exceptions from" or "delay" the enforcement of the mandate. This is basically telling the bureaucracy to let it die from neglect.

Op-Ed: Trump gets rid of the stupidest part of Obamacare

· By BENJAMIN SIEGEL

Thats like punching holes in an already sinking ship.

And now, President Trump has basically signed the death warrant for the stretch of a policy known as the "individual mandate." He did that by signing an Executive Order on Friday that instructs the Health and Human Services Department to do all it can to "grant exceptions from" or "delay" the enforcement of the mandate. This is basically telling the bureaucracy to let it die from neglect.

Op-Ed: Trump gets rid of the stupidest part of Obamacare

Forum List

Back