Trump threatens to undermine Obamacare to get Democrats to negotiate

and that individual mandate is all that i want gone from 'obamacare' . Now you guys can do anything you like concerning insurance and healthcare EWings .

One year from now the snakes will go on and on about how Obamacare failed after they pulled every leg out from under it..
Why can't the jerks just fix the problems and let the people decide for themselves..it is not the law anymore so what is the f-ing problem.

They are not working for the people of this country,, but for the $$$ that is donated to their reelections..

I thought this was what Trump was fighting against when he stepped into the political arena..the Swamp..

What is not the law ACA? Wrong it very much is still the law.

And now, President Trump has basically signed the death warrant for the stretch of a policy known as the "individual mandate." He did that by signing an Executive Order on Friday that instructs the Health and Human Services Department to do all it can to "grant exceptions from" or "delay" the enforcement of the mandate. This is basically telling the bureaucracy to let it die from neglect.

Op-Ed: Trump gets rid of the stupidest part of Obamacare

I'm quite sure he also said companies no longer have to offer insurance to their workers. See this is class warfare, nothing more. Opposite of Robin Hood.

Get rid of it all, everything , and then we will have a civil war, which maybe is what we need. The rich against the poor.

One year from now the snakes will go on and on about how Obamacare failed after they pulled every leg out from under it..
Why can't the jerks just fix the problems and let the people decide for themselves..it is not the law anymore so what is the f-ing problem.

They are not working for the people of this country,, but for the $$$ that is donated to their reelections..

I thought this was what Trump was fighting against when he stepped into the political arena..the Swamp..

And now, President Trump has basically signed the death warrant for the stretch of a policy known as the "individual mandate." He did that by signing an Executive Order on Friday that instructs the Health and Human Services Department to do all it can to "grant exceptions from" or "delay" the enforcement of the mandate. This is basically telling the bureaucracy to let it die from neglect.

There's always been exception's in fact a little over 50. The EO he signed means nothing if IRS enforces the law. The individual mandate was in the bill they did not vote to roll back to 12/31/15, so it must actually be part of legislation and the congress has to take that up. Just because IRS said you didn't have to mark the box on your return whether or not you had coverage doesn't mean a thing. In fact I know at least 5 people that did not mark it and they received letter's from IRS to provide additional information.

So how again is this EO working?

There's always been exception's in fact a little over 50. The EO he signed means nothing if IRS enforces the law. The individual mandate was in the bill they did not vote to roll back to 12/31/15, so it must actually be part of legislation and the congress has to take that up. Just because IRS said you didn't have to mark the box on your return whether or not you had coverage doesn't mean a thing. In fact I know at least 5 people that did not mark it and they received letter's from IRS to provide additional information.

------------------------------------------------------------------- yeah , Sure , can you PROVE what you say or are you just talking DDowner ??

I could have sworn I heard them say that the mandate is gone..

Anyway .. I doubt that they are going to write and follow up on a zillion people who don't check the box.

Ellis says the new policy doesn't fully rise to the level of declining to enforce the law. "If the IRS turns a blind eye to people's status, that isn't quite not enforcing it," he says. "It's more like the IRS wanting to maintain plausible deniability."

Tax software companies are already making note of the change. Drake Software, which provides services to tax professionals, recently sent out a notice explaining the change in policy. As of February 3, the notice said, the IRS "will now accept an e-filed return that does not indicate either full-year coverage or an individual shared responsibility payment or does not include an exemption on Form 8965, as required by IRS instructions, Form 1040, line 61."

thats the way that i understand whats happened to that 'unamerican' mandate EWings !!

You guys can understand it all you want but as of this moment it is still part of the ACA. I could care less if you don't have insurance just pay the piper.

they aren't enforcing the health care MANDATE for the good of health care beggars DDowner !!

So you're telling me the pubs are throwing away all that tax money? They're going in the hole fast since last thursday and today it's cost 109 million dollars.

Thats like punching holes in an already sinking ship.

If the ship were sinking, Trump wouldn't need to punch holes in it. The fact that he's openly considering active sabotage of the law to hurt millions is a pretty clear sign that despite the rhetoric he knows it isn't sinking on its own.

------------------------------------------------------------------- yeah , Sure , can you PROVE what you say or are you just talking DDowner ??

I could prove it if the people I know that were fined when they did their taxes a few weeks ago would come forward, I could also prove that someone left the "Do you have health insurance" blank and have a received a letter to prove they had it. So how are all these EO's working? Not so well. Someone at IRS did not get the memo that says they could use their own discretion and they have.

Thats like punching holes in an already sinking ship.

If the ship were sinking, Trump wouldn't need to punch holes in it. The fact that he's openly considering active sabotage of the law to hurt millions is a pretty clear sign that despite the rhetoric he knows it isn't sinking on its own.

The VP of government affairs at the link I posted above is 99% sure nothing will change and a collapse won't happen because it will then be blamed on the republican congress.

I'm quite sure he also said companies no longer have to offer insurance to their workers. See this is class warfare, nothing more. Opposite of Robin Hood.

Get rid of it all, everything , and then we will have a civil war, which maybe is what we need. The rich against the poor.

When did companies ever have to offer health insurance?

And what is this? Your Messiah was the one who kicked people off their health insurances in the first placr

And what is this? Your Messiah was the one who kicked people off their health insurances in the first placr

Over 100 employee's since 2013 I believe, over 50 either in 2015 or 2016. Originally it was all over 50 at the inception of ACA they relaxed the 50-99 rule to take effect a couple years or so later.

Over 100 employee's since 2013 I believe, over 50 either in 2015 or 2016. Originally it was all over 50 at the inception of ACA they relaxed the 50-99 rule to take effect a couple years or so later.

Oops brain fart

Forum List

Back