Trump Supporters Lose Their Minds When Church Shows Nativity Scene In Immigrant Cages

I saw this on the news with an interview with the creator. The ignorance was so pronounced that it could bring tears to eyes. She said that Mary and Joseph were fleeing for their lives. They were refugees illegally in Bethlehem looking for safety.

If she's not a Christian she should stop pretending to be one.

QUOTE="WillHaftawaite, post: 23630909, member: 42925"]another one that belongs in Satire.

(or the Rubber Room)

So an article about an actual Methodist church, making a nativity scene based upon the story of the manger being played out in a real life scenario belongs in satire?

That the way you see it halfwit?

Of that I have no doubt. But then again, the partisan moderation of this board certainly dictates that action by you doesn't it?

One thing is for sure. You damn sure can't move that scene put up by that church can you?

Once again you're just going to prove my point, and this time a church's to.

Merry Christmas asshole.[/QUOTE]
If this depiction is based on the story of the manger it is so loosely based as to have only a similarity of names.

MAGA supporters are losing their minds after a photo of the Nativity scene at Claremont United Methodist Church was posted to Facebook.

The scene depicts Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus separated and put in their own cages, a reference to the families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border. Inside the church, the family is shown as reunited.

Trump supporters lose their minds when church shows Nativity scene in immigrant cages

0be3b61081aacaaab7cfe46ed2b0040ebd22e5e9fbcaf14b35f9c23045ae676e.jpg

This ones in my pictures file for a nativity scene I will be putting up every Christmas from now on. You magats are good for something after all.

I can't wait to see the board after this Methodist church. But this is usmb, so there's no bar to low here.
So Obama wants to put the Baby Jesus in a cage as the way he put the immigrants children.

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

MAGA supporters are losing their minds after a photo of the Nativity scene at Claremont United Methodist Church was posted to Facebook.

The scene depicts Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus separated and put in their own cages, a reference to the families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border. Inside the church, the family is shown as reunited.

Trump supporters lose their minds when church shows Nativity scene in immigrant cages

This ones in my pictures file for a nativity scene I will be putting up every Christmas from now on. You magats are good for something after all.

I can't wait to see the board after this Methodist church. But this is usmb, so there's no bar to low here.

Dear skews13
Most Christians and people who respect the Christian traditions
would be offended at "blaspheming" the innocent and pure meaning
of the Nativity and Virgin Birth by politicizing or prostituting this icon.

Remember when "Piss Christ" caused an uproar?
Or the South Park episode with a menstruating Virgin Mary
statue caused the Catholic Authorities to protest and get that cartoon CENSORED.

Both incidents were because that offended CHRISTIANS
who consider this not only a insult to their beliefs but to GOD.

I am guessing the outrage over this distortion of the image
and story is offensive enough, PLUS the fact it is being POLITICIZED on top of that.

Because that's two layers of insult and outrage, it's hard enough to distinguish
how much of the reaction is coming from which.

Now you want to throw in "Trump Supporters" and MAGA followers with that mix.

So that's three reasons or layers of negative reaction
1. One is blaspheming the Divine Christ and Nativity scene considered holy and sacred worldwide
as meaning the Salvation of Humanity
2. One is abusing the Christian and Christmas icon to POLITICIZE it for propaganda
3. And last, as you use it for, to try to BAIT, TROLL and TRIGGER certain people
(in your case "Trump" and "MAGA" supporters)

You are only addressing Layer #3.
You are completely missing how many people reacting with outrage and upset
because of #1 and #2.

BTW that is offensive in itself, to only assume #3 and disregard any injury
caused to people as in #1 and #2 who are neither Trump nor MAGA supporters.

Shame on you for wanting so badly to insult people in group #3
that you don't acknowledge or have any regard or respect for
the people insulted because of reasons #1 and #2.

Dear skews13
Most Christians and people who respect the Christian traditions
would be offended at "blaspheming" the innocent and pure meaning
of the Nativity and Virgin Birth by politicizing or prostituting this icon.

Remember when "Piss Christ" caused an uproar?
Or the South Park episode with a menstruating Virgin Mary
statue caused the Catholic Authorities to protest and get that cartoon CENSORED.

Both incidents were because that offended CHRISTIANS
who consider this not only a insult to their beliefs but to GOD.

I am guessing the outrage over this distortion of the image
and story is offensive enough, PLUS the fact it is being POLITICIZED on top of that.

Because that's two layers of insult and outrage, it's hard enough to distinguish
how much of the reaction is coming from which.

Now you want to throw in "Trump Supporters" and MAGA followers with that mix.

So that's three reasons or layers of negative reaction
1. One is blaspheming the Divine Christ and Nativity scene considered holy and sacred worldwide
as meaning the Salvation of Humanity
2. One is abusing the Christian and Christmas icon to POLITICIZE it for propaganda
3. And last, as you use it for, to try to BAIT, TROLL and TRIGGER certain people
(in your case "Trump" and "MAGA" supporters)

You are only addressing Layer #3.
You are completely missing how many people reacting with outrage and upset
because of #1 and #2.

BTW that is offensive in itself, to only assume #3 and disregard any injuryThank
caused to people as in #1 and #2 who are neither Trump nor MAGA supporters.

Shame on you for wanting so badly to insult people in group #3
that you don't acknowledge or have any regard or respect for
the people insulted because of reasons #1 and #2.
Thank you for a very accurate and insightful description of the post that started this thread. Nicely done.

Little reality check for you, if no one else has bothered to give it:

Joseph and Mary were in Bethlehem because they were FOLLOWING. THE. LAW.

The ICE raids happen because people are BREAKING. THE. LAW.

Of course, the UMC does not understand the difference, and neither do you

QUOTE="WillHaftawaite, post: 23630909, member: 42925"]another one that belongs in Satire.

(or the Rubber Room)

So an article about an actual Methodist church, making a nativity scene based upon the story of the manger being played out in a real life scenario belongs in satire?

That the way you see it halfwit?

Of that I have no doubt. But then again, the partisan moderation of this board certainly dictates that action by you doesn't it?

One thing is for sure. You damn sure can't move that scene put up by that church can you?

Once again you're just going to prove my point, and this time a church's to.

Merry Christmas asshole.

take a good look, jerk...

I expressed an opinion.

it wasn't moved, was it?[/QUOTE]

FWIW, "an actual United Methodist Church" means very, very, VERY little these days to me. You might as well put "church" in quotes every single time. They're at best a Social Justice Social Club, as you see here. Like many Leftist gatherings, many of them love to boast about how self-righteous they are

"Lose their minds"? What the hell does that mean? Hillary supporters smashed windows and torched cars on inauguration day. Crazy lefties assaulted old guys wearing MAGA hats, H'wood celebs posed with facsimilies of the President's bloody head and a democrat activist shot a republican congressman at a freaking baseball practice. That's an example of "losing their minds". Christians merely take the abuse and hope for a better day.

??? Odd comment. This does not involve any abuse or insult toward Christians. Moreover, it was put up by Christians.

Last edited:

I am Catholic and that is a disgrace and disrespectful. They should know better. They deserve everything that is coming to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Lose their minds"? What the hell does that mean? Hillary supporters smashed windows and torched cars on inauguration day. Crazy lefties assaulted old guys wearing MAGA hats, H'wood celebs posed with facsimilies of the President's bloody head and a democrat activist shot a republican congressman at a freaking baseball practice. That's an example of "losing their minds". Christians merely take the abuse and hope for a better day.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Democrats are scumbags we already know that but this is different. This is stooping to an all time low.

Little reality check for you, if no one else has bothered to give it:

Joseph and Mary were in Bethlehem because they were FOLLOWING. THE. LAW.

The ICE raids happen because people are BREAKING. THE. LAW.

Of course, the UMC does not understand the difference, and neither do you
King Herod was the king of Israel at the time. He was part Greek and part Jew. Israel used to have territories. Like we have states. But these territories were separated by tribes. Jerusalem and Bethlehem are in the territory that belonged to the tribe of Judah. But Caesar wanted to do a census on how many in each tribes. So he ordered that everyone to go to the place where they was born. But he didn't knew that he was doing God's will. Because it was the year of the 2nd Sabbatical year in that cycle of seven. And on this year, that God told the Hebrews to return to the place where they was born (Which they has forgotten about it). But Jesus died on the Jubilee, which it was the High Sabbath.
Egypt at the time was apart of the Roman empire. And so Jesus wasn't an immigrant during the time he stayed in Egypt. and so, I don't know why they keep on saying that Jesus was an illegal immigrant. That is why the Bible needs to be taught in school. But even though that the Bible is not being taught at all in schools. But they should have known about Egypt being a part of the Roman empire during His birth..

I am Catholic and that is a disgrace and disrespectful. They should know better. They deserve everything that is coming to them.

There is nothing disgraceful or disrespectful about this Nativity. It is a reminder of what the teachings of Jesus are about, put up by Christians. Resorting to legalese about who was or was not an "illegal immigrant" is a mere deflection by those who have joined the movement to strip Christianity of its moorings in Jesus' teachings while misappropriating his identity for their own selfish purposes.

There is nothing disgraceful or disrespectful about this Nativity. It is a reminder of what the teachings of Jesus are about, put up by Christians. Resorting to legalese about who was or was not an "illegal immigrant" is a mere deflection by those who have joined the movement to strip Christianity of its moorings in Jesus' teachings while misappropriating his identity for their own selfish purposes.

I disagree. It is disrespectful and disgraceful. It is a mock of how illegal aliens should be treated.

While the Nativity does not represent a flight of Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem (they were required to go there for a census) they did have to flee their country and go to Egypt for refuge.

I imagine it a good thing that Egypt did not turn them away.

The "teachings of Jesus" are first and foremost about Salvation--about the Gospel. This is about politics, which we know is First Religion to you--and to many, many United Methodists. Tragically

Forum List

Back