Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Even using the few figures he cites, I'm trying really hard to determine how he arrives at the idea that 134 million people are out of work.

Don’t forget in the meantime we have a real unemployment rate that’s probably 21%. It’s not 6. I’s not 5.2 and 5.5. Our real unemployment rate–in fact, I saw a chart the other day, our real unemployment–because you have ninety million people that aren’t working. Ninety-three million to be exact.

If you start adding it up, our real unemployment rate is 42%.

http://time.com/4003734/donald-trump-interview-transcript/

Even using the few figures he cites, I'm trying really hard to determine how he arrives at the idea that 134 million people are out of work.

Don’t forget in the meantime we have a real unemployment rate that’s probably 21%. It’s not 6. I’s not 5.2 and 5.5. Our real unemployment rate–in fact, I saw a chart the other day, our real unemployment–because you have ninety million people that aren’t working. Ninety-three million to be exact.

Donald Trump Explains All

Its probably even higher. Think of all those toddlers and primary school kids who are refusing to go out and support themselves with gainful employment. Or worse....

.....can't find work.

There are also many people working part time who'd like full time work..Glad I could help you:thup:

Record 93,770,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Participation Rate Remains at 38-Year Low

A record 93,770,000 Americans 16 or older did not participate in the nation’s labor force in July, and the labor force participation rate remained at 62.6 percent, a 38-year low, according to data released Friday from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

The 93,770,000 Americans not in the labor force are those individuals who did not have a job and did not actively seek one in the past four weeks. This measure increased by 144,000 individuals over the month.

The participation rate, the percent of the population who participated in the labor force by either having a job or actively seeking one in the past four weeks, remained unchanged from June to July at 62.6 percent. This metric hasn’t been this low since October 1977, when it was 62.4 percent—a span of 38 years.

Record 93,770,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Participation Rate Remains at 38-Year Low

There are also many people working part time who'd like full time work..Glad I could help you:thup:

That doesn't equal 42%. Please don't try and "help" me anymore.

A record 93,770,000 Americans 16 or older did not participate in the nation’s labor force in July, and the labor force participation rate remained at 62.6 percent, a 38-year low, according to data released Friday from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

The 93,770,000 Americans not in the labor force are those individuals who did not have a job and did not actively seek one in the past four weeks. This measure increased by 144,000 individuals over the month.

The participation rate, the percent of the population who participated in the labor force by either having a job or actively seeking one in the past four weeks, remained unchanged from June to July at 62.6 percent. This metric hasn’t been this low since October 1977, when it was 62.4 percent—a span of 38 years.

The Labor Participation Rate and the unemployment rate are NOT the same thing. You know this. The labor participation rate is predictably declining as boomers retire. And peaked in about 2000.

Well it's certainly not the 5.3 number that's touted.

Perhaps not, but we still figure the unemployment rate the same way we did when Reagan is president. If you want to compare rates with any previous time, it's disingenuous to not use the same methods for both.

You’re talking about 10% of California’s workforce, maybe 13% …

If you start adding it up, our real unemployment rate is 42%. We have a lot of room. We have a lot of people who want to work. But the good people I want them to come back. And I also want people of great talent to come to this country, to Silicon Valley for engineers. If you go to Harvard and you graduate number one in your class, and you’re from China, they send you home, you can’t get back into the country.

So you end up working for companies in China and fighting us. And they’re competitors of us. They’re trained in our schools. I want people like that to come into this country. And if they want, I want that path to citizenship for these people. So they go to our best schools, they’re fabulous students, they do well, they’re going to be great and we throw them out of the country. It’s ridiculous.

I would probably say he just screwed up on the number in red at 42%............as he had just stated the rate is probably 21%.

Happens all the time.............in the middle of a conversation.............dual numbers in the same answer............Bottom line...........the rates given by the gov't are BS as normal...............and the rate is easily 4 times the number they post and brag about.

That doesn't equal 42%. Please don't try and "help" me anymore.

the economy sucks, people aren't working. SSI disability is out of money next year, partly because of the new influx of recipients..you're welcome..Obamanomics sucks

You’re talking about 10% of California’s workforce, maybe 13% …

If you start adding it up, our real unemployment rate is 42%. We have a lot of room. We have a lot of people who want to work. But the good people I want them to come back. And I also want people of great talent to come to this country, to Silicon Valley for engineers. If you go to Harvard and you graduate number one in your class, and you’re from China, they send you home, you can’t get back into the country.

So you end up working for companies in China and fighting us. And they’re competitors of us. They’re trained in our schools. I want people like that to come into this country. And if they want, I want that path to citizenship for these people. So they go to our best schools, they’re fabulous students, they do well, they’re going to be great and we throw them out of the country. It’s ridiculous.

I would probably say he just screwed up on the number in red at 42%............as he had just stated the rate is probably 21%.

Happens all the time.............in the middle of a conversation.............dual numbers in the same answer............Bottom line...........the rates given by the gov't are BS as normal...............and the rate is easily 4 times the number they post and brag about.

great post..rub their noses in it.

Let's ALL remember to apply the same criteria and criticism about government figures when (and this may happen in another decade or so) a republican president sits in the oval office.

the urge to demean is strong in the leftists...
It should be strong in anyone that doesn't want the numbers fudged by someone that appears to be willing to say anything to get elected. Of course, what he thinks will get him elected and what actually will are two different things, IMO.

Trump of course is counting slackers like these:

nursing-home.jpg

Forum List

Back