Trump says: "Merry Christmas" at Michigan rally.

I say both, depending on the situation, and no one has ever made a big deal out of or seemed offended by either of those phrases when I've said it. Maybe it's all in how you say it? :D

No.It's all about a persecution complex.

Well, it's crystal clear that he has no intention of uniting the country before he hands it over to Putin.

its crystal clear you've been smoking Crystal Meth again Grandma, but...... whatever it takes for you to get all those Christmas sweaters knitted, I suppose ;)
Make sure mine says Make America Great Again. ( in all caps please)

Trump says: "Merry Christmas" at Michigan rally.
And? What? My wife starts repeating "Merry Christmas," Thanksgiving Day and on through New Years Day! I swear this, I mean she could be working as a greeter as at the local mall.

If she keeps repeating it through the fourth of July, be very concerned.

California is going to freak, the protestors are no doubt assembling as we speak.

Can you name a single protest ever over someone saying Merry Christmas? I'm sure some non Christians have wanted the term happy holidays used so they wouldn't feel excluded from the national holiday, but I haven't found a single protest over it.
It may well be considered a national holiday but the reality is that it is a holiday that signifies the Birth of Christ. Always has been. The reason behind Christmas in its own right excludes non Christians.
If happy holidays makes them feel better about it, then by all means let them use that. However considering the tradition of Christmas and the reason behind it in religious terms and in this country, Merry Christmas is the correct greeting for this time of year. It is less right to try and make Christains feel excluded during their holiday.
we have 364 days out of the year that no special religious national holiday takes up, I have a difficult time understanding how the atheists can be so emotionally drained by acknowledging one day. As a Christian I certainly have no issue at all wishing someone a Happy Chanukay if appropriate, or Recognizing Dec 12 as the Prophet Mohammad's birthday to my muslim friends. (yes I do actually have 2 muslims that I like to consider friends, real muslims).
The only reason for atheists to fight the holiday is to try and further rid the nation of anything religious.
I wonder, if they ever succeeded in having the greeting Merry Christmas banned, would they still put up the Pagan Tree to celebrate the day of giving gifts to each other for no reason at all?
but at any rate, the use of Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas at stores leads me not to shop there at this time of year. (dont worry, My one man boycott is not going to be noticed on anyones bottom line) If they refuse to recognize that Christmas is a Christian holiday that signifies the birth of Christ, then should they benefit from the additional sales that the holiday wrongfully generates?

California is going to freak, the protestors are no doubt assembling as we speak.

Can you name a single protest ever over someone saying Merry Christmas? I'm sure some non Christians have wanted the term happy holidays used so they wouldn't feel excluded from the national holiday, but I haven't found a single protest over it.
It may well be considered a national holiday but the reality is that it is a holiday that signifies the Birth of Christ. Always has been. The reason behind Christmas in its own right excludes non Christians.
If happy holidays makes them feel better about it, then by all means let them use that. However considering the tradition of Christmas and the reason behind it in religious terms and in this country, Merry Christmas is the correct greeting for this time of year. It is less right to try and make Christains feel excluded during their holiday.
we have 364 days out of the year that no special religious national holiday takes up, I have a difficult time understanding how the atheists can be so emotionally drained by acknowledging one day. As a Christian I certainly have no issue at all wishing someone a Happy Chanukay if appropriate, or Recognizing Dec 12 as the Prophet Mohammad's birthday to my muslim friends. (yes I do actually have 2 muslims that I like to consider friends, real muslims).
The only reason for atheists to fight the holiday is to try and further rid the nation of anything religious.
I wonder, if they ever succeeded in having the greeting Merry Christmas banned, would they still put up the Pagan Tree to celebrate the day of giving gifts to each other for no reason at all?
but at any rate, the use of Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas at stores leads me not to shop there at this time of year. (dont worry, My one man boycott is not going to be noticed on anyones bottom line) If they refuse to recognize that Christmas is a Christian holiday that signifies the birth of Christ, then should they benefit from the additional sales that the holiday wrongfully generates?

You personally can exclude anyone you want. The country can't. Our constitution prevents that from happening. If it's a national holiday, it can't be for just one religion.

Heathen liberals and their PC bullshit has been routed by the great president elect Trump. Trump told the left to cram PC up their ass.
Uh no. I know many actual Heathens/Pagans/Creators/Atheists who have ZERO problem with christmas and all of its extras the music,plays,scenes etc etc. Its the social justice warrior libtard that causes problems. I am not a christian and I have ZERO problem with christmas and all of its extras that go with it.

You personally can exclude anyone you want. The country can't. Our constitution prevents that from happening. If it's a national holiday, it can't be for just one religion.
Im afraid it is just for one religion, and thats Christianity. It celebrates the birth of Christ, the Jewish faith is not going to celebrat Christ, either is the Muslim or any other.
as far as the constitution preventing it from being a christian holiday? that is not what the constitution says, the constitution does not prevent it from being a holiday that is not part of other religions. You and the rest of the left are one day going to actually have to take a good look at the constitution and come to terms with the fact that you are wrong. Its not unconstitutional to have the 10 commandments in the court house, or to allow a prayer in a public school. Those things do not violate the constitution in the least.

Heathen liberals and their PC bullshit has been routed by the great president elect Trump. Trump told the left to cram PC up their ass.
Uh no. I know many actual Heathens/Pagans/Creators/Atheists who have ZERO problem with christmas and all of its extras the music,plays,scenes etc etc. Its the social justice warrior libtard that causes problems. I am not a christian and I have ZERO problem with christmas and all of its extras that go with it.

Most people have ZERO problem with it. It's the Religious nuts and their persecution complex that are making such a big deal of it.

Great rally. Trump at his best. His comments on Mexico and Flint were brilliant.

And yet Christmas is for Christians, suck on it.

Forum List

Back