trump Rolls Back Rules on Light Bulbs

HOW YOU CAN TELL THOSE OLD REGULAR LIGHT BULBS WERE SO GREAT:
  • Not that you could buy 20 of them for the price of one "green" light bulb.
  • Not that you could throw one away anywhere and it amounted to nothing and didn't need "recycled."
  • Not that the light was real and didn't give you a freaking headache.
  • But that every fricking leftard out there is trying so damn hard to take them away from you by force and complaining so loud that Trump might now give you a choice.
:1peleas:

Have to credit our President for bringing back the beloved incandescent bulb

Maybe Trump can order Trump Properties to use incandescents exclusively.......That would show those Liberals

Yup it's still on, since 1901..

Longest-lasting light bulbs - Wikipedia
The world's longest-lasting light bulb is the Centennial Light located at 4550 East Avenue, Livermore, California. It is maintained by the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. The fire department claims that the bulb is at least 117 years old (installed 1901) and has only been turned off a handful of times

Trump is on to something

Let Trump use them

Government has no business telling you what kind of light bulb to use, dumbass fascists.

When they have to make sure the energy grid can support the population, they most certain do have a business telling people to cut energy use.

There used to be “rolling brown outs” in summer because energy use increases during air conditioning season. Low energy lightbulbs have eliminated those brown outs.

If the USA were to return to using high energy incandescent bulbs, you’d need dozens more electric plants to cover the increase in electricity use.
You have given up using air conditioning, then? Good for you!

Why would someone give up AC just because they changed to energy efficient lightbulbs?

WHOOOSSSHHHHH.......

Only an idiot would give up A/C with the temperatures rising every year. It's enough that the lower wattage light bulbs give off much less heat than incandescent bulbs and thereby reduce the amount of power it takes to cool a room. If everyone in the nation were to return to using incandescent bulbs, the USA would need something like 25 more power plants to accommodate the increased power useage.

Conservatives are always ready to cry "freedom" when there's buck to be made by using the most inefficient choices. Liberals don't want to give up modern conveniences. They just want to have their modern life and reduce the impact on the environment. A country clever enough to put a man on the moon should be able to do that, but there will be economic casualties in the move to the 21st Century economy. Just as blacksmith's disappeared and local livery stables went out of business at the turn of the last Century, past products give way to better ones, and the old ones disappear.

If you are so damned sure that we need to reduce energy use, put your money where your mouth is:air conditioning is not necessary. Stop using yours.

• Not that you could throw one away anywhere and it amounted to nothing and didn't need "recycled."
  • But that every fricking leftard out there is trying so damn hard to take them away from you by force and complaining so loud that Trump might now give you a choice.

Maybe because a 18 watt LED gives the same light as a 100 watt Incandescent

Let Conservatives use those dinosaurs

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

The republicans have fits about it in the Obama years.

Now trump is rolling back those bush boy energy rules for light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Trump administration rolls back rules requiring more energy-efficient bulbs

You know idiot, the market already took care of the issue.

People buy LED bulbs because they are better. The twisty florescent you communists so dearly love were always shit, and were always a fraud.

I had many-they worked well. Still use a couple.

• Sure, if you pay the $5.00 up front for one. There goes all that savings.
  • If you like filling landfills with LEDs and CFLs. I won't be.
  • If you like being told what you HAVE to buy.
  • I can afford to lose a little in heat. Only helps warm my house a little 9 months out of the year! :21:

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

People buy LED bulbs because they are better. The twisty florescent you communists so dearly love were always shit, and were always a fraud.

Nope, flickering shit that lasted a couple of months. They lied that the bulbs would last 5 years, but ONLY if you left them on for 5 years and never turned them off. A CFL is good for about 100 power cycles, then POP, they're done. It was shit technology and pure fraud. It was done to aid China and offshore the light industry.

To get 1800 lumens like a 100 watt incandescent takes a 22 watt LED. LED on average takes a little less than one quarter the power to provide similar illumination.

To get 1800 lumens like a 100 watt incandescent takes a 22 watt LED. LED on average takes a little less than one quarter the power to provide similar illumination.
Rightwinger often gets tripped up on all those technical terms. Words like
  • Light
  • Luminous
  • Lumens
  • Liter
  • League and
  • Luminiferous Aether
they all kinda blur together for him. But then, accuracy was never much stressed in Little Commie Kindergarten.

Last edited:

• I can afford to lose a little in heat. Only helps warm my house a little 9 months out of the year! :21:

$5 for a bulb that will last ten years and use one eighth of the electricity?

Any day of the week

Holy shit!

That is a deal
100 watts vs 22, even a conservative can figure that one out

$5 for a bulb that will last ten years and use one eighth of the electricity?

Any day of the week

Oh, now it's 1/8th the electricity? Sure it's not 1/16th?
Meantime I'll never use $5.00 worth of electricity through that one lamp or even be around in ten years to care! :auiqs.jpg:

I have an incandescent bulb in my well house. Keeps the pressure-switch tube from freezing in the winter. Otherwise I changed most everything to LEDs. Let The People decide. Get government OUT of the market.

BTW LED's are NOT the same light as incandescent bulbs. LED's actually strobe at a high rate. Put a running fan in front of an LED and you will see the blades momentarily 'stopping' to your eye. I can see how some folks might be sensitive to LED light.

"We know from earlier work on fluorescent lighting that even though the flicker is too fast to be visible, it remains a likely health hazard. In 1989, my colleagues and I compared fluorescent lighting that flickered 100 times a second with lights that appeared the same but didn’t flicker. We found that office workers were half as likely on average to experience headaches under the non-flickering lights."

"No similar study has yet been performed for LED lights. But because LED flickering is even more pronounced, with the light dimming by 100% rather than the roughly 35% of fluorescent lamps, there’s a chance that LEDs could be even more likely to cause headaches. At best, it’s likely to put some people off using LED bulbs because of the annoying, distracting effect of the flickering, which we know can be detected during saccades."

The scientific reason you don’t like LED bulbs — and the simple way to fix them

Last edited:

Nope, flickering shit that lasted a couple of months. They lied that the bulbs would last 5 years, but ONLY if you left them on for 5 years and never turned them off. A CFL is good for about 100 power cycles, then POP, they're done. It was shit technology and pure fraud. It was done to aid China and offshore the light industry.

Steaming pile of horseshit. I had dozens of CFLs that had lasted many, many more than 100 power cycles. (Offhand, one was on & off at least 4x a day for several years.) Your home has serious electrical problems or you are lying.

t's similar to the situation with the "improved" gas cans.

They suck, and had to be forced on people.

Now I like LED lights for my living room, kitchen and bathroom, for the higher lumens at less cost, but for my bedroom I prefer incandescent as the light is "softer" and is easier to read by.
Agreed. In some places I want an incandescent bulb. I have three 100 watt bulbs in my garage, because in the winter it's so cold the fluorescent lights don't warm up, and my garage is dark when I'm trying to leave for work, or if I try and do anything in there at night.

Steaming pile of horseshit. I had dozens of CFLs that had lasted many, many more than 100 power cycles. (Offhand, one was on & off at least 4x a day for several years.) Your home has serious electrical problems or you are lying.

I have six CFL globes above the vanity mirror in my main bathroom. In the past ten years, the norm is not being able to go a few weeks without at least one of them either dying completely, deciding to dim to about half luminescence, or just start to flicker. Or.... when they are first turned on they are really dim, and take five or ten minutes before slowly warming up to full brightness. Most times I have all of the above going on at the same time.

With incandescent bulbs, they either turn on, or they burned out, no weird in between crap.

Plus, what are the manufacturing resources needed for a simple incandescent bulb? A small amount of glass and steel, and a tiny strip of tungsten? CFLs require a lot more resources, to include hazardous metals and materials, and mercury, oh and petroleum for all of that plastic.

If trying to have the smallest ecological and health impact on the planet, go with the simple incandescent bulb. I'd rather have my local landfill with incandescent lights, than fluorescents with all their damn mercury.

I have six CFL globes above the vanity mirror in my main bathroom. In the past ten years, the norm is not being able to go a few weeks without at least one of them either dying completely, deciding to dim to about half luminescence, or just start to flicker. Or.... when they are first turned on they are really dim, and take five or ten minutes before slowly warming up to full brightness. Most times I have all of the above going on at the same time.

With incandescent bulbs, they either turn on, or they burned out, no weird in between crap.

Plus, what are the manufacturing resources needed for a simple incandescent bulb? A small amount of glass and steel, and a tiny strip of tungsten? CFLs require a lot more resources, to include hazardous metals and materials, and mercury, oh and petroleum for all of that plastic.

If trying to have the smallest ecological and health impact on the planet, go with the simple incandescent bulb. I'd rather have my local landfill with incandescent lights, than fluorescents with all their damn mercury.
Bullshit.

This is America land of the free. We should be able to drive cars that get 5 mpg if we want. We should be able to pick which light bulbs we want to use without listening to liberals talk about efficiency.
Americans will remember the Democrats as the people who wasted money building wind turbine farms.

I have an incandescent bulb in my well house. Keeps the pressure-switch tube from freezing in the winter. Otherwise I changed most everything to LEDs. Let The People decide. Get government OUT of the market.

BTW LED's are NOT the same light as incandescent bulbs. LED's actually strobe at a high rate. Put a running fan in front of an LED and you will see the blades momentarily 'stopping' to your eye. I can see how some folks might be sensitive to LED light.

"We know from earlier work on fluorescent lighting that even though the flicker is too fast to be visible, it remains a likely health hazard. In 1989, my colleagues and I compared fluorescent lighting that flickered 100 times a second with lights that appeared the same but didn’t flicker. We found that office workers were half as likely on average to experience headaches under the non-flickering lights."

"No similar study has yet been performed for LED lights. But because LED flickering is even more pronounced, with the light dimming by 100% rather than the roughly 35% of fluorescent lamps, there’s a chance that LEDs could be even more likely to cause headaches. At best, it’s likely to put some people off using LED bulbs because of the annoying, distracting effect of the flickering, which we know can be detected during saccades."

The scientific reason you don’t like LED bulbs — and the simple way to fix them

Hint for the wellhouse....
Wire two sockets in series. They'll burn dimmer and last pretty much forever while maintaining enough warmth to prevent freeze-ups. I often do that inside (mechanical type) transfer switches at transmitter sites. You may have to experiment with Wattages to get the right temperature. I'd recommend using two lamps of the same Wattage rating for even ageing. Thing is, you're using the lamps as heating elements; not for their illumination.

Flickering: The human brain is a wonderful thing. Yes, you will notice flickering if you have a few LED lamps in a building with mostly incandescents because the brain will not have accepted the flicker as normal. Many who travel to Europe for the first time find lighting (especially in large spaces like supermarkets) flickers horribly for a few days and then it stops. But if they stay a couple of weeks they'll find the lights at home flickering for a few days. 60 Hertz (cycles per second) in The U.S. and Canada vs. 50-Hertz in Europe. The different voltages used are not involved.

Forum List

Back