Trump rips Comey after CNN town hall: 'He brought the FBI down'

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Hill ^ | Jesse Byrnes - 05/09/19 | Jesse Byrnes

President Trump tore into James Comey on Thursday night, hours after the former FBI director suggested in a wide-ranging CNN town hall that he be prosecuted.

Trump knocked Comey in a tweet as "a disgrace to the FBI" while predicting that he "will go down as the worst Director in its long and once proud history."

"He brought the FBI down, almost all Republicans & Democrats thought he should be FIRED, but the FBI will regain greatness because of the great men & women who work there!" he added.

The remarks were the latest salvo in the pair's fractious relationship and came exactly two years after Trump fired Comey, the law enforcement official who at the time was leading the federal probe into the Trump campaign and Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Trump took to Twitter to blast Comey on Thursday after the former FBI chief appeared on CNN and ripped into the president, saying it appeared there was enough evidence to prosecute him for obstruction of justice based on the details laid out in special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

Comey said during the appearance that he had "no doubt" Trump would have been charged with obstruction if he were not president, adding that the Justice Department would have to take a "serious look" at whether to pursue charges after he leaves office.

"Whether it's a wise thing to do to a former president, I don't know, that's a harder question – a much bigger question – than the facts of the case," Comey said.

Trump is an ANGRY, bitter, entitled adulterer, that has NO MIND outside of his own tiny, limited, narrow, bitter existence.

That MUST BE a very bitter place to reside .........

Of course he tore into Comey. What else do you expect from that obese orange childish fool?

"He brought the FBI down, almost all Republicans & Democrats thought he should be FIRED, but the FBI will regain greatness because of the great men & women who work there!" he added.

Trump should know because he talk to all of them

You would think after 2 years in office he would be able to drown it out and ignore negative comments

Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you're doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.

Joel Osteen

Trump is an ANGRY, bitter, entitled adulterer, that has NO MIND outside of his own tiny, limited, narrow, bitter existence.

Yea you described Blow Job Clinton to a "T" but left out rapist!

You sound bitter.. trump fights for nobody’s like me
Trump despises nobodies like you.
"I could shoot someone in Fifth Avenue and not lose a vote"
"I love the uneducated"

"I love the uneducated"
He was talking about you

"I love the uneducated"
He was talking about you
Oh...you poor deluded fool.

"I love the uneducated"
He was talking about you
I live in a democrat run town .. I see who the stupid are lol .. trump was sent from god

"I love the uneducated"
He was talking about you
I live in a democrat run town .. I see who the stupid are lol .. trump was sent from god
Maybe he was, but it was obviously a god that endorses serial adultery, dishonesty and narcissism.

"I love the uneducated"
He was talking about you

The sad part is, these Trump Humpers really believe that.

Yeah, and millions upon millions of FBI officials were jamming White House phone lines to denounce Comey until, finally, Trump decided to fire Comey in order to save the FBI.

Say, Purge, after two years of continually bowing down to fluff Trump, is walking upright still an option?

"I love the uneducated"
He was talking about you

The sad part is, these Trump Humpers really believe that.
I sympathise with many of them to be honest.
They've been shat on by both sides and at last they see someone that's in a position to poke his uneducated conspiracy theories that would normally never leave a bar into the eyes of the establishment.

Yeah, and millions upon millions of FBI officials were jamming White House phone lines to denounce Comey until, finally, Trump decided to fire Comey in order to save the FBI.

Say, Purge, after two years of continually bowing down to fluff Trump, is walking upright still an option?

Do you have a link for all the agents who were making these calls.

Of course he tore into Comey. What else do you expect from that obese orange childish fool?

The actions of the FBI in this, have indeed, brought the whole organization down.

I think Trump is being way to generous with them.

"I love the uneducated"

Seems like an appreciation of strong support.

Forum List

Back