Trump Ready to TANK US, China, and World Economy

There are plenty of ways that China is improving through negotiating. They have come miles in the last 10-20 years.

But you don't damage the US economy, hurt consumers and cost LOTS of jobs in a trade war...that is beyond stupid. And China is not going to give in. They can dump money into their economy and they don't have to worry about being re-elected. And they know Trump is virtually alone in his desire for tariffs. Plus he is down in ALL the major polls. China holds all the cards in this game of chicken.
They already delayed the tariffs by months with these negotiations that I KNEW would go nowhere. It was just a stalling tactic that Trump fell right into.

Still think these massive tariffs are a good idea?

Ask the US Chamber of Commerce and just about every, unbiased, well-respected investor on Wall Street.

Massive tariffs are flat out stupid.

It's amazing how much a person can root for an opposing country as long as it fucks over a politician and a political view they don't like.

I doubt Trump could handle this in ANY way that you would approve of.

And of course, a felon is someone convicted of a felony.

I am not rooting for China - Duh. What a remarkably stupid thing to say. I am simply explaining the advantage they have...and that went right over your head. Idiot.

If Trump dropped ALL tariffs and let the free market and the international courts work it out (as they WERE doing successfully before Trump came along)...that would GREATLY impress me. And I would give him credit for it.

You clearly don't have a clue about macroeconomics and are just spinning like a Trumpbot always does.

How are the courts being successful when China just kept doing what it wanted to?

I said free market AND the international courts...not just the courts.

China's trade surplus with the world is down by 80% in just five years.

Free enterprise works.

Tariffs don't.

LOL talking head.

What broad generalizations you have there.

I think Summers is an asshole. But he was chief Economist for the World Bank and knows a HELL OF A lot more then you do about macroeconomics...by about a thousand times.

Fine...then show us a link to unbiased, factual proof that what Summers said about China's trade surplus reduction was untrue?

If you cannot (and you cannot, btw)...then your statement is TOTALLY full of excrement and you prove yet again how ignorant you are AND your above statement is yet another in a long line of you just babbling incoherently when faced with truths you do not like.

Well...where is this link?

BTW - I still think what will probably happen is Trump will get some TOTALLY useless agreement with China - that will change almost nothing - so he can save face.
Similar to what he did with NAFTA. He makes some big deal about the changes - yet the actual differences mean almost nothing in total. But his moronic followers thinks it's great because they are too stupid/uneducated to understand such agreements.

Trump is a horrible negotiator.

Though he is a great liar...well, if you are stupid he is a great liar.

The rest of us just laugh at him.

I guess the OP would prefer to bend over and get his ass reamed by the Chinese.

China is our largest goods trading partner with $659.8 billion in total. What is your realistic alternative? Do you have one, or are you just shouting at the sky?
Our tariffs on their goods should be the same as their tariffs on ours. What's yours, to keep letting them fuck us?

And where is your link to an unbiased source of all the present tariffs that China has on US imported goods?

I doubt you have a clue exactly what China tariffs and to what extent.
China - Import Tariffs | export.gov

BTW - I still think what will probably happen is Trump will get some TOTALLY useless agreement with China - that will change almost nothing - so he can save face.
Similar to what he did with NAFTA. He makes some big deal about the changes - yet the actual differences mean almost nothing in total. But his moronic followers thinks it's great because they are too stupid/uneducated to understand such agreements.

Where is your link to an unbiased source that Trump is a terrible negotiator?

It's amazing how much a person can root for an opposing country as long as it fucks over a politician and a political view they don't like.

I doubt Trump could handle this in ANY way that you would approve of.

And of course, a felon is someone convicted of a felony.

I am not rooting for China - Duh. What a remarkably stupid thing to say. I am simply explaining the advantage they have...and that went right over your head. Idiot.

If Trump dropped ALL tariffs and let the free market and the international courts work it out (as they WERE doing successfully before Trump came along)...that would GREATLY impress me. And I would give him credit for it.

You clearly don't have a clue about macroeconomics and are just spinning like a Trumpbot always does.

How are the courts being successful when China just kept doing what it wanted to?

I said free market AND the international courts...not just the courts.

China's trade surplus with the world is down by 80% in just five years.

Free enterprise works.

Tariffs don't.

LOL talking head.

What broad generalizations you have there.

I think Summers is an asshole. But he was chief Economist for the World Bank and knows a HELL OF A lot more then you do about macroeconomics...by about a thousand times.

Fine...then show us a link to unbiased, factual proof that what Summers said about China's trade surplus reduction was untrue?

If you cannot (and you cannot, btw)...then your statement is TOTALLY full of excrement and you prove yet again how ignorant you are AND your above statement is yet another in a long line of you just babbling incoherently when faced with truths you do not like.

Well...where is this link?

Appeal to authority. You fail on the merits.

Try again.

I guess the OP would prefer to bend over and get his ass reamed by the Chinese.

China is our largest goods trading partner with $659.8 billion in total. What is your realistic alternative? Do you have one, or are you just shouting at the sky?
Our tariffs on their goods should be the same as their tariffs on ours. What's yours, to keep letting them fuck us?

And where is your link to an unbiased source of all the present tariffs that China has on US imported goods?

I doubt you have a clue exactly what China tariffs and to what extent.
China - Import Tariffs | export.gov

One - it lists ZERO actual tariffs on actual products/services

Two - I was not talking to you.

Three - my point was that S.J. is just spewing forth nonsense and he has NO IDEA what he is talking about.

Are you serious?

- He said he would scrap NAFTA and make it fantastic for America. He didn't. What he replaced it with is a joke if it was supposed to be perfect.

U.S. labour unions say NAFTA replacement does not go far enough for workers

- He said he would EASILY get a nuclear deal with NK. He failed miserably.

- Then the knucklehead almost single-handedly blows the China deal:

'Meanwhile, in a lengthy piece purporting to explain why Beijing decided to start playing 'hardball' so late into the talks (though, to be sure, other reports suggest that Beijing had taken a hard line almost from the start), WSJ claimed that President Xi and the senior leadership interpreted Trump's attacks on Fed Chairman Jay Powell as a sign that Trump would be ready to compromise.

The reason? It was interpreted as evidence that Trump secretly believed the US economy was more fragile than the official data reflected. Meanwhile, the Chinese economy has stabilized, in part thanks to a massive stimulus program.

Beijing was further emboldened by Trump's professions of 'friendship' with Xi, and his praise for Liu. Then, an April 30 Trump tweet praising Chinese economic policy cemented this view, according to WSJ's sources.

An analyst quoted in the WSJ piece offers an apt summary: "Why would you be constantly asking the Fed to lower rates if your economy is not turning weak?"

That's a great question. We're still waiting for an explanation on that one.'

How Trump's Attacks On Powell Led To Collapse Of China Trade Talks

And I could go on and on.

The guy is a first class loser on negotiating. And if you cannot see that - then so are you, IMO.

And you are using the term all wrong. Me saying he is a lousy negotiator is an opinion...there is no international school of negotiating that gives out a number of how good you are. Your question is nonsense. You just re-used my question in some lame attempt to sound intelligent on this.

And - once again - I was not even talking to you. Find someone else to talk to - I don't care what you think about this subject. My discussion was with marty (troll) began.

And that discussion is now over - so ours on this is as well.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Are you serious?

- He said he would scrap NAFTA and make it fantastic for America. He didn't. What he replaced it with is a joke.

'Meanwhile, in a lengthy piece purporting to explain why Beijing decided to start playing 'hardball' so late into the talks (though, to be sure, other reports suggest that Beijing had taken a hard line almost from the start), WSJ claimed that President Xi and the senior leadership interpreted Trump's attacks on Fed Chairman Jay Powell as a sign that Trump would be ready to compromise.

The reason? It was interpreted as evidence that Trump secretly believed the US economy was more fragile than the official data reflected. Meanwhile, the Chinese economy has stabilized, in part thanks to a massive stimulus program.

Beijing was further emboldened by Trump's professions of 'friendship' with Xi, and his praise for Liu. Then, an April 30 Trump tweet praising Chinese economic policy cemented this view, according to WSJ's sources.

An analyst quoted in the WSJ piece offers an apt summary: "Why would you be constantly asking the Fed to lower rates if your economy is not turning weak?"

The guy is a first class loser on negotiating. And if you cannot see that - then so are you, IMO.

And you are using the term all wrong. Me saying he is a lousy negotiator is an opinion...there is no international school of negotiating that gives out a number of how good you are. Your question is nonsense. You just re-used my question in some lame attempt to sound intelligent on this.

And - once again - I was not even talking to you. Find someone else to talk to - I don't care what you think about this subject. My discussion was with marty (troll) began.

Have a nice day.
Has anyone else noticed how upset the lefties seem to be lately?...btw Mac, everything in that post is hogwash

Are you serious?

- He said he would scrap NAFTA and make it fantastic for America. He didn't. What he replaced it with is a joke.

Have a nice day.
Has anyone else noticed how upset the lefties seem to be lately?...btw Mac, everything in that post is hogwash

The left is always upset. They know there going to loose another election in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious?

Have a nice day.

LOL - well that was an INCREDIBLY inept reply.

So Trump saying he would scrap NAFTA and replace it with something better was hogwash? Wrong - he said he would.
So the link to the unions opinions was hogwash? Wrong.
So what the analyst said was hogwash? Wrong.
So the WSJ piece offering a summary was hogwash? Wrong.
So the link to the zerohedge article was hogwash? Wrong.
So me saying I could go on and on was hogwash? Wrong.

And that is just for starters.

Probably only a simpleton makes such an INCREDIBLY erroneous statement as you just made.

I think I now know all I need to know about your intellect and/or higher reasoning abilities.

We are definitely done here.

Have a nice day.

BTW - does anyone else notice how Trumpbots almost always seem to have the most base-sounding, least factual and simpleton-like replies to statements?

I sure have.

It's like they are all drunk when they type on here - or they are just ignorant and/or uneducated and/or stupid.

Sad.

Are you serious?

Have a nice day.

So Trump saying he would scrap NAFTA and replace it with something better was hogwash? Wrong - he said he would.

Probably only a simpleton makes such an INCREDIBLY erroneous statement as you just made.

I think I now know all I need to know about your intellect and/or higher reasoning abilities.

Have a nice day.

BTW - does anyone else notice how Trumpbots almost always seem to have the most base-sounding, least factual and simpleton-like replies to statements?

I sure have.

It's like they are all drunk when they type on here - or they are just ignorant and/or uneducated and/or stupid.

Sad.
I didn't mean to get under your skin bro:abgg2q.jpg:

People did quite well before Reagan.
lie...In fact in1984 Reagan soared to a landslide victory on the slogan "are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?"...and to further impeach your claim the 60's and 70's were so bogged down in liberal socialism that when Reagan ran against Carter he won using the phrase "HAD ENOUGH AMERICA?"
Carter was a bump in the road.
I know too many people who became immensely wealthy prior to Reagan planting the seeds of excessive globalism.
I also know many engineers who hated and hate Reagan with a passion.

Given our cyclical economy...an economic downturn is predicted in a year or so.....the blame game will then target the wrong factions.

This isn't rocket science for anyone short of living under a rock

~S~

Are you serious?

- He said he would scrap NAFTA and make it fantastic for America. He didn't. What he replaced it with is a joke if it was supposed to be perfect.

Have a nice day.
Previous post of your pertaining that you weren't talking to me; This is a public forum all posts are open for response by anyone on the forum, including myself.

You are too picky. Trump is doing the best he can with NK. He got further than his predecessors. Not his fault NK isn't willing to give up their nukes and it isn't his fault the sanctions are not working because we have too many people cheating on them.

Trump is doing good negotiating with China. Again it isn't his fault China cheats on trade and taxes our stuff more than we tax their stuff. It's also not his fault that China doesn't recognize our copy rights. And he needs to play hardball on this to get them to do so. He should shut off all trade to china completely until they capitulate but Americans is too hooked on cheap stuff from China.

Finally you are not the arbitrator when a conversation is over. You are an arrogant asshole control freak who needs psychological help.

Are you serious?

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

I sure have.

Sad.
Trump negotiated a better trade deal than Nafta and it's not his fault the Democrats in the House has refused to vote on it and are busy worrying about their fishing expeditions into Trumps business.

US trade officials say Trump's tariff threat is real - CNNPolitics

The top US trade negotiator said Monday that the Trump administration will be moving forward on President Donald Trump's threat to escalate tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods effective Friday.
Speaking to reporters in Washington, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said China reneged on previous agreements over the weekend, derailing months of progress toward a detailed trade agreement between the world's two largest economies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trade wars are good and easy to win"
Warning! Maximum tds iterations attained.

I know too many people who became immensely wealthy prior to Reagan planting the seeds of excessive globalism.
before carter came Nixon [ford had no real presidency] and nixon also won a landslide re-election...and as I said, Reagan won a landslide based on how much better people were doing under his stewardship...carter was no mere bump in the road, he was more of an anagram of his name 'crater' in the road, he was full blown liberal and the economy under him reflected it. I did do better under Obama and clinton than the bushies.

Last edited:
before carter was Nixon [ford had no real presidency] and nixon also won a landslide re-election...and as I said, Reagan won a landslide based on how much better people were doing under his stewardship...carter was no mere bump in the road, he was more of an anagram of his name 'crater' in the road, he was full blown liberal and the economy under him reflected it. I did do better under Obama and clinton than the bushies.
There was a reason Carter won.
Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Forum List

Back