Trump Ready to TANK US, China, and World Economy

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
US trade officials say Trump's tariff threat is real - CNNPolitics

The top US trade negotiator said Monday that the Trump administration will be moving forward on President Donald Trump's threat to escalate tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods effective Friday.
Speaking to reporters in Washington, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said China reneged on previous agreements over the weekend, derailing months of progress toward a detailed trade agreement between the world's two largest economies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trade wars are good and easy to win"

Trump is an idiot. He thinks those tariffs are paid by the Chinese.

Interesting that Reagan was said to be one of our best Presidents. Which is true. This is a bunch of liberal assholes crying the blues. Oh yeah by the way Obama has been said to be one of the worst presidents next to Carter. Whine all you want 2020 will be Trump so hopefully all you crybabies will actually move out of the US this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those tariffs are designed to help bring manufacturing back to America. A small amount of growth is sacrificed for it. We were sold a bill of goods that service jobs would replace manufacturing with all of the trade deals. But the service jobs petered out at a lower salary.

Let me see is this the one hundreth time the economy was going to tank under Trump? So hard to keep up with every little crazy notion the left keeps throwing out.

I believe they were yelling that the economy was going to tank before Trump took office. Then again when he took office. Numerous times since then. When he first proposed tariffs on Canada and Mexico. Again when he announced tariffs on China. Just a month ago when job numbers dropped.

Kind of like all the times we were all assured that Mueller would be perp walking Trump and everyone else out of the White House. Similar to the screamed assurances that he was going to have a nuclear war with North Korea.

We could keep going on but I think most sane people would agree that too many of the crazy lefts assurances have been completely wrong so many times that it is hard to do anything but laugh.

CNN? Don't have a reputable news site like the onion?

Let me see is this the one hundreth time the economy was going to tank under Trump? So hard to keep up with every little crazy notion the left keeps throwing out.

I believe they were yelling that the economy was going to tank before Trump took office. Then again when he took office. Numerous times since then. When he first proposed tariffs on Canada and Mexico. Again when he announced tariffs on China. Just a month ago when job numbers dropped.

Kind of like all the times we were all assured that Mueller would be perp walking Trump and everyone else out of the White House. Similar to the screamed assurances that he was going to have a nuclear war with North Korea.

We could keep going on but I think most sane people would agree that too many of the crazy lefts assurances have been completely wrong so many times that it is hard to do anything but laugh.

CNN? Don't have a reputable news site like the onion?

Nice. Can’t wait to see the liberals cry in 2020 when they loose again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the OP would prefer to bend over and get his ass reamed by the Chinese.

And where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that a trade war with China will help America?

It hasn't so far as the trade deficit that Trump swore he would easily fix...is worse now then when he took office.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/Press-Release/current_press_release/exh1.pdf

NO ONE who is well and truly respected on Wall Street thinks a trade war with China is a good idea.

'A sudden tariff increase with less than a week’s notice would severely disrupt U.S. businesses, especially small companies that have limited resources to mitigate the impact,” David French, senior vice president for government relations at the National Retail Federation. “If the administration follows through on this threat, American consumers will face higher prices, and U.S. jobs will be lost.”

How Retailers and Wall Street Are Responding to Trump’s Latest Tariff Threat

You improve trade by negotiating...NOT a trade war.

A first-year investor knows that.

This is a moronic move on Trump's part.

US trade officials say Trump's tariff threat is real - CNNPolitics

The top US trade negotiator said Monday that the Trump administration will be moving forward on President Donald Trump's threat to escalate tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods effective Friday.
Speaking to reporters in Washington, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said China reneged on previous agreements over the weekend, derailing months of progress toward a detailed trade agreement between the world's two largest economies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trade wars are good and easy to win"
You need to let President Trump alone. He only does what is the best thing for this country, and in this case, they must have done something that broke their earlier agreement to not be so selfish in fair trade with America.

The trouble with us putting up with the Democrat Madwoman of ChalotFrancisco and Toady Nadler's below-the-belt kicking of President Trump is the damage it is doing to the image of this Country and our elected President.

You're going to incite a war, and you're not going to win it.

Those tariffs are designed to help bring manufacturing back to America. A small amount of growth is sacrificed for it. We were sold a bill of goods that service jobs would replace manufacturing with all of the trade deals. But the service jobs petered out at a lower salary.

You mean like all those coal jobs he said would come back? They haven't, and tariffs are costing our citizens a fortune.

Forum List

Back