Trump proposes reducing Americans ability to buy prescription drugs

yes it is---------substances have been abused since ADAM
And yet we can demonstrate the rise in overdoses being tied right to the over prescription of opioids. Nobody is claiming that all drug abuse will be stopped , so you are arguing against ghosts.

Trump administration proposes production quota cuts for six opioids

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

70,000 ODs in America last year.

Trump is pure evil, isn’t he?
The big problem is that Mexican drug cartels and the Chinese will just start smuggling more opioids, fentanyl and carfentanil.
China companies will sell opioid carfentanil, so deadly it's called chemical weapon to US unrestricted - CBS News

This is true.

It’s a complex problem, to be sure.

We can reduce demand by letting people kill themselves off, I supposed...it’s a free country.

There is demand in America for mood altering substances, from alcohol to salvia and everything in between. We can’t chase every drug.

We could snap our fingers and eliminate all drugs in the USA and people would be huffing gasoline and sniffing glue or fucking spinning in circles until they are dizzy.

Hell, elephants get high on Marula.

Meth abuse is also a huge problem

the meth dance

Yea, as long as there is demand, there will be supply.

I think we should probably just make everything legal and those who abuse will take care of themselves.

One should be free to kill themselves with drugs....they sure are with alcohol.

How many fat fucks die from eating too many doughnuts while sitting on their couch? We aren’t banning confectionery foods and inactivity.

Demonstrably false, as overdoses have risen right in lockstep with opiod prescriptions.

I assume you have some data to support this.

But it is the job of the government to protect our economy and standard of living. And this epidemic is straining our medical system and first responders to a breaking point. It is also ruining lives, damaging our economy.

A bit over dramatic.

Trump administration proposes production quota cuts for six opioids

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

70,000 ODs in America last year.

Trump is pure evil, isn’t he?
The big problem is that Mexican drug cartels and the Chinese will just start smuggling more opioids, fentanyl and carfentanil.
China companies will sell opioid carfentanil, so deadly it's called chemical weapon to US unrestricted - CBS News

This is true.

It’s a complex problem, to be sure.

We can reduce demand by letting people kill themselves off, I supposed...it’s a free country.

There is demand in America for mood altering substances, from alcohol to salvia and everything in between. We can’t chase every drug.

We could snap our fingers and eliminate all drugs in the USA and people would be huffing gasoline and sniffing glue or fucking spinning in circles until they are dizzy.

Hell, elephants get high on Marula.

Meth abuse is also a huge problem

the meth dance

I think we should probably just make everything legal and those who abuse will take care of themselves.

One should be free to kill themselves with drugs....they sure are with alcohol.

How many fat fucks die from eating too many doughnuts while sitting on their couch? We aren’t banning confectionery foods and inactivity.

Now you are starting to come around to the right way of thinking.

yes it is---------substances have been abused since ADAM
And yet we can demonstrate the rise in overdoses being tied right to the over prescription of opioids. Nobody is claiming that all drug abuse will be stopped , so you are arguing against ghosts.

it the stuff is being MADE------just like guns and radioactive
materials-------it will be virtually impossible to keep it out of the
hands of------EVERYONE. "over prescription of opioids" ???
THAT is a matter of tastes. You know some doctors who are
prescribing addictions?

And over prescription of opiods creates more demand by creating addicts.

Absolutely.

It looks like one of the best tactics to BEGIN with is prosecuting unethical doctors and maybe increasing whatever the current sanctions are.

Make it not worth it for doctors to overprescribe.

you have never dealt with the REMARKABLE creativity of----
those who WANT IT....
Then why are we seeing a crisis now, and not 40 years ago? You can equivocate and preach all you like, but you are not accounting for the facts.

Last edited:
As usual we don't need more laws, we simply need the ones we have enforced.

I actually agree with this.

Go after the doctors who overprescribe.

There are pill mills all over the nation.
Maine, at least my part of Maine, has been in the grips of an opioid epidemic for decades. It was all oxycodone for about 15-20 years, mostly smuggled in from Canada and sold by people getting scripts from their doctors. Then Maine did what you are proposing. Maine severely cracked down on overprescribing, instituted a massive education campaign for the DOCTORS, and started a statewide online tracking service that shows every prescription for an opioid that is filled in a Maine pharmacy, so they could stop people from going to several doctors for multiple scrips. At the same time, customs and DEA severely cut the amount of oxycodone coming to us illegally.

So, as law enforcement officials predicted, everyone switched to heroin. We have dealers from the Bronx and Boston up here selling their shit and kids in high school are shooting up and
they're dying in record numbers, from the fentanyl cut in.

It's a great idea, but it is not going to solve the problem.

Maine, at least my part of Maine, has been in the grips of an opioid epidemic for decades. It was all oxycodone for about 15-20 years, mostly smuggled in from Canada and sold by people getting scripts from their doctors. Then Maine did what you are proposing. Maine severely cracked down on overprescribing, instituted a massive education campaign for the DOCTORS, and started a statewide online tracking service that shows every prescription for an opioid that is filled in a Maine pharmacy, so they could stop people from going to several doctors for multiple scrips. At the same time, customs and DEA severely cut the amount of oxycodone coming to us illegally.

So, as law enforcement officials predicted, everyone switched to heroin. We have dealers from the Bronx and Boston up here selling their shit and kids in high school are shooting up and

Now, hold on a moment. It may not solve the problem of existing addicts, but these problems sometimes require generational solutions. So the effects of the measures you describe may not come to fruition for 20 years. It is not valid or fair to judge these effects the next day. This end of these solutions (address supply) is meant not just to choke supply, but also to cause the creation of fewer addicts.

Maybe they should teach kids about the dangers of drug abuse.
Show them what is does to people.
Show them the before and after pictures of meth heads, crack heads and heroin junkies.

Maybe they should teach kids about the dangers of drug abuse.
Show them what is does to people.
Show them the before and after pictures of meth heads, crack heads and heroin junkies.
Not a terrible idea. But it can be pretty ineffective, as often the pathway to these addictions -- over which the addict has little to no control, no matter what education he has had -- is often through a trusted doctor. Can't exactly tell kids not to trust doctors...

Quit trying to save everyone...….all youre doing is punishing the innocent. I will bet the Dr's family and friends will get whatever meds they need while they saddle the rest of us with whatever stupid idea they think you'll accept...uummm.uummmm mind control....uuummmm ummmm.....oh and no doubt big corp will be right there profiting off crap mandated that doesn't work

Quit trying to save everyone...….all youre doing is punishing the innocent. I will bet the Dr's family and friends will get whatever meds they need while they saddle the rest of us with whatever stupid idea they think you'll accept...uummm.uummmm mind control....uuummmm ummmm.....oh and no doubt big corp will be right there profiting off crap mandated that doesn't work
I would like someone to explain to me how cutting production 10% in an environment that shows blatant over prescription will lead to such "shortages", when that overprescritption is also addressed.

I would like someone to explain to me how cutting production 10% in an environment that shows blatant over prescription will lead to such "shortages", when that overprescritption is also addressed.
reaaly quite simple..those who seek it illegally will still get all they want while the law abiding cant get what works but will be handed cookie cutter do goooder solutions....already happening,.

reaaly quite simple..those who seek it illegally will still get all they want while the law abiding cant get what works but will be handed cookie cutter do goooder solutions....already happening,.
And yet the correlation between overdoses and opiod prescriptions is undeniable. Should we go with your gut feelings, or the empirical data?

Forum List

Back