Trump proposes reducing Americans ability to buy prescription drugs

We need viable alternatives to keep people comfortable. Many have chronic pain and still need to function.

Why has acupuncture never gained popularity in this country? I know someone who was able to put off "inevitable" spinal surgery for decades using it. And it was successful; it stopped him from having crippling pain for years after each treatment.
It is not addictive and it works (at least in many cases). So why is it so completely ignored in this country?

Trump administration proposes production quota cuts for six opioids

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

70,000 ODs in America last year.

Trump is pure evil, isn’t he?

Another moronic idea by Trump, I am sure it will work as well as the war on drugs, the war on poverty and the war on terror.

Another win for the nanny state you statist are so fond of

Personally, if someone wants to kill them selves with opioids, I say let them at it, thins the herd of the weak.

We need viable alternatives to keep people comfortable. Many have chronic pain and still need to function.

Why has acupuncture never gained popularity in this country? I know someone who was able to put off "inevitable" spinal surgery for decades using it. And it was successful; it stopped him from having crippling pain for years after each treatment.
It is not addictive and it works (at least in many cases). So why is it so completely ignored in this country?

Lots of alternative medicine available in the United States, the book Healing Back Palin by Sarno pretty much puts back pain as a myth, and if followed it put off my back surgery completely and I have been free from pain for decades. You just need to look for alternatives and have an open mind. The American mindset is pop a pill for what ails you, diabetes, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, high cholesterol, headaches, pain, the answer is pop a pill. My parents are in their 90’s, mom takes a thyroid medication and dad takes a medication for his eyes, that is all they take, the rest is controlled by diet.

He needs to convince congress to ban TV drug commercials.
Pharma should be marketing to the medical field not the populace. These stupid commercials make people think they need these drugs.

Doctors who overprescribe should lose their license and be prosecuted.

Theft is a more difficult issue to deal with, as is the selling of drugs that are obtained through reasonable means.

You have back surgery and only use 10 of 60 pills, let’s say. Some people illegally sell those 50 pills to addicts.

It’s a tough problem to solve, that’s for sure.

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

Doctors over prescribe opioids
Pharmacy corporations push them to the hilt

Marijuana is a better solution
In pain? Smoke a joint

Why do we need to smoke it, you have many other ways to ingest CBD or THC, edibles, tinctures, drinks, even vapor, not into to smoking crap. Pain can also be controlled partially or some cases fully by the mind.

In pain? Smoke a joint

Edibles or tinctures work better for pain. Smoke half that joint while the gummy bears start to work.

He needs to convince congress to ban TV drug commercials.
Pharma should be marketing to the medical field not the populace. These stupid commercials make people think they need these drugs.

Those commercials have totally changed my mind about prescription medication. After watching and listening to the side effects, there is no way I’d touch any of them, the side effects are worse than the actual problem.

I injured my back a couple years ago and for 6 months I thought my life as I knew it was over. Couldn't walk for more than 5 or ten minutes without excruciating pain. Couldn't stand for any length of time, etc...
The doctors offered the big pain pills but I refused.
Then I tried doing some different exercises. At first they seemed to make little difference but now I am pain free. I still occasionally feel a tinge and get a numbing sensation in my left foot/calf but I am functioning pain free and have 100% movement back.

I would bet that chronic pain in most circumstances could be mitigated or eliminated without hardcore medication but that doesnt turn someone a profit. We are programmed to think we need pills or procedures.

In pain? Smoke a joint

Edibles or tinctures work better for pain. Smoke half that joint while the gummy bears start to work.

Chocolate metabolizes better than gummies, but I feel you.

I injured my back a couple years ago and for 6 months I thought my life as I knew it was over. Couldn't walk for more than 5 or ten minutes without excruciating pain. Couldn't stand for any length of time, etc...
Then I tried doing some different exercises. At first they seemed to make little difference but now I am pain free. I still occasionally feel a tinge and get a numbing sensation in my left foot/calf but I am functioning pain free and have 100% movement back.

I would bet that chronic pain in most circumstances could be mitigated or eliminated without hardcore medication but that doesnt turn someone a profit. We are programmed to think we need pills or procedures.

Popping a pain pill is fast and easy, it masks the problem. What you did was treat the cause, it is a better way.

I had a devil of a time with muscle spasms in my back for awhile and I was hugely skeptical when the doctor sent me to physical therapy, but it worked. For awhile anyway. I eventually went to a physical therapist who did myofascial release and it straightened me out for years.

Forum List

Back