Trump proposes reducing Americans ability to buy prescription drugs

Trump administration proposes production quota cuts for six opioids

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

70,000 ODs in America last year.

Trump is pure evil, isn’t he?
Its a baby step in the right direction, but will likely serve more to the price than anything. There needs to be investigations and strong of doctors who over prescribe these drugs. A form of this is already in place, but it needs to he stronger.

Is this the way you prevent 70,000 ODs in a year? Or is this just something Trump thought up?

It’s a stupid stunt. All this will do is raise the price of a pill on the street as well as cause more OD’s while planting a whole new crop of illicit drug user when the pill people switch to heroin or other shit. This is a bad idea.

Lay out your solution. We may just agree.

Specifically, how do we reduce opioid overdoses?

70,000deaths last year....what’s your plan?

Where the hell did you get the 70,000 number?

I saw it on your twitter feed......you are a stickler for evidence and links, aren’t you? You damn hypocrite.

Here you go....now post those nice tweets to the gay guy who said not all republicans are racist....you know, the ones you read but wouldn’t post?

Overdose Death Rates

Among the more than 72,000 drug overdose deaths estimated in 2017*, the sharpest increase occurred among deaths related to fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (synthetic opioids) with nearly 30,000 overdose deaths. Source: CDC WONDER

Is the CDC good enough for you? Maybe you can go to Twitter.

It’s called supporting data and a link....now go post those tweets for us.

I do not tweet, so you did not see it on my twitter feed.

So, opioid deaths is 30,000, not 70,000

Thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
According to what I see from several sources there were over 70,000 drug overdose deaths in 2017. Of those 42,000 were Opioid related and of those 30,000 were Fentanyl related. There were zero Pot overdose deaths in 2017.

For those who don’t like this proposal by Trump, you seem to have a very difficult time laying out your own ideas.

It’s kind of funny.

I proposed combining a reduction on the supply side with the strong pursuit of prosecuting doctors who overprescribe.

It’s not tough, what are your solutions?

The first part of the solution would be to end he war on drugs. Enough politicians have become billionaires, so we can stop that silliness.

The second part no one will like because it will require work. America has a real issue with substance abuse. All substances, not just pain meds. You can look and see, it’s spoiled rich white kids who are killing them selves with pain meds. Maybe find out what there problem is. Also stop raising such little pussys.

But making it so I can only pick up 15 Vicodin instead of 30 at a time should insult you.

It’s a stupid stunt. All this will do is raise the price of a pill on the street as well as cause more OD’s while planting a whole new crop of illicit drug user when the pill people switch to heroin or other shit. This is a bad idea.

I saw it on your twitter feed......you are a stickler for evidence and links, aren’t you? You damn hypocrite.

Here you go....now post those nice tweets to the gay guy who said not all republicans are racist....you know, the ones you read but wouldn’t post?

Overdose Death Rates

Among the more than 72,000 drug overdose deaths estimated in 2017*, the sharpest increase occurred among deaths related to fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (synthetic opioids) with nearly 30,000 overdose deaths. Source: CDC WONDER

According to what I see from several sources there were over 70,000 drug overdose deaths in 2017. Of those 42,000 were Opioid related and of those 30,000 were Fentanyl related. There were zero Pot overdose deaths in 2017.

Did they mention heroin at all?

Overdose Death Rates

Overdose Death Rates

Yes sir, you are correct, and heroin is also an opioid.

The idiot is trying to pull a very lame liberal ploy.

Just argue the specific numbers and never get to the solution.

Take notice that everyone crying about Trumps proposal seem to be unwilling to post any solution of their own.

Overdose Death Rates

Maybe you should read the article again, then go find those nice tweets to the racist gay guy.

Do you even math?

What is your solution to reducing Opioid ODs?

You did not link to an article, you linked to a series of graphs. And if you were to go to the bottom and open the "support data document" you would find there were 42,429 opioid ODs in 2016 . You do know how to use Excel, right?

And yes, as a statistician I do math every day, too bad you suck so badly at it.

I do not believe it is the government's job to save us from ourselves, so there is no solution that the government can produce.

I realize as a statist, you disagree.

[/QUOTE]

Doctors over prescribe opioids
Pharmacy corporations push them to the hilt

Marijuana is a better solution
In pain? Smoke a joint[/QUOTE]
100 percent agree.
He needs to convince congress to ban TV drug commercials.
Pharma should be marketing to the medical field not the populace. These stupid commercials make people think they need these drugs.
I never understood why they make these commercials targeted timtbe public when it is ultimately a doctors decision

These commercials never tell you what the drug costs
Being a non-generic, the costs are through the roof. With exclusive rights lasting up to 12 years and Medicare not allowed by law to negotiate prices while we subsidize price limits imposed by other countries. Big Pharma is then free to charge whatever it feels.
I can't imagine what the advertising costs add up to, but it appears there is so much profit in pushing these drugs that the companies feel its worth it.

Seems that curing limp dick in America and masking pain is far more important than long term health and a goal to try to stay off medications.

Overdose Death Rates

16,000 OD deaths in 2017 from the opioid heroin.

Personally, if someone wants to kill them selves with opioids, I say let them at it, thins the herd of the weak.
Which is short shighted and narrow, as these events affect a lot of people other than the addict.

If it is not opioids it would be something else. There are roughly 88,000 deaths a year from alcohol, but nobody is calling for that to be limited.

It is not the job of the government to save us from ourselves.

Alcohol Facts and Statistics | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

The big problem is that Mexican drug cartels and the Chinese will just start smuggling more opioids, fentanyl and carfentanil.

China companies will sell opioid carfentanil, so deadly it's called chemical weapon to US unrestricted - CBS News

7 Things to Know About Carfentanil

For those who don’t like this proposal by Trump, you seem to have a very difficult time laying out your own ideas.

It’s kind of funny.

I proposed combining a reduction on the supply side with the strong pursuit of prosecuting doctors who overprescribe.

It’s not tough, what are your solutions?

How would it be determined if a doctor was over prescribing?

Overdose Death Rates

The CDC estimates about 15,000 OD deaths were by Heroin which of course is one category of Opioid.

The big problem is that Mexican drug cartels and the Chinese will just start smuggling more opioids, fentanyl and carfentanil.
China companies will sell opioid carfentanil, so deadly it's called chemical weapon to US unrestricted - CBS News

This is true.

It’s a complex problem, to be sure.

We can reduce demand by letting people kill themselves off, I supposed...it’s a free country.

There is demand in America for mood altering substances, from alcohol to salvia and everything in between. We can’t chase every drug.

We could snap our fingers and eliminate all drugs in the USA and people would be huffing gasoline and sniffing glue or fucking spinning in circles until they are dizzy.

Hell, elephants get high on Marula.

Overdose Death Rates

Maybe you should read the article again, then go find those nice tweets to the racist gay guy.

Do you even math?

What is your solution to reducing Opioid ODs?

You did not link to an article, you linked to a series of graphs. And if you were to go to the bottom and open the "support data document" you would find there were 42,429 opioid ODs in 2016 . You do know how to use Excel, right?

And yes, as a statistician I do math every day, too bad you suck so badly at it.

I do not believe it is the government's job to save us from ourselves, so there is no solution that the government can produce.

I realize as a statist, you disagree.

as a health professional -------whose script pads were ---now and then STOLEN and misused etc etc------I AGREE------use of
"substances" has been around since "adam" -----trying to control
it ADEQUATELY----enough to avoid all harm----is FUTILE

If it is not opioids it would be something else.
Demonstrably false, as overdoses have risen right in lockstep with opiod prescriptions.
There are roughly 88,000 deaths a year from alcohol, but nobody is calling for that to be limited.

Because that representes a lot smaller percentage of users, and is not happening in spite of a large effort to criminalize alcohol use and availability. That is not a good comparison.
But it is the job of the government to protect our economy and standard of living. And this epidemic is straining our medical system and first responders to a breaking point. It is also ruining lives, damaging our economy.

This is true.

It’s a complex problem, to be sure.

We can reduce demand by letting people kill themselves off, I supposed...it’s a free country.

There is demand in America for mood altering substances, from alcohol to salvia and everything in between. We can’t chase every drug.

We could snap our fingers and eliminate all drugs in the USA and people would be huffing gasoline and sniffing glue or fucking spinning in circles until they are dizzy.

Hell, elephants get high on Marula.

Meth abuse is also a huge problem

the meth dance

Overdose Death Rates

The CDC estimates about 15,000 OD deaths were by Heroin which of course is one category of Opioid.

Heroin is not PRESCRIBED by doctors------Fentanyl has
excellent USES in the hands of anesthesiologists-----but is
NOT PRESCRIBED for headaches and fun. People die
of alcohol, too.

If it is not opioids it would be something else.
Demonstrably false, as overdoses have risen right in lockstep with opiod prescriptions.
There are roughly 88,000 deaths a year from alcohol, but nobody is calling for that to be limited.

Because that representes a lot smaller percentage of users, and is not happening in spite of a large effort to criminalize alcohol use and availability. That is not a good comparison.
But it is the job of the government to protect our economy and standard of living. And this epidemic is straining our medical system and first responders to a breaking point. It is also ruining lives, damaging our economy.

yes it is---------substances have been abused since ADAM

Forum List

Back