Trump proposes reducing Americans ability to buy prescription drugs

Trump administration proposes production quota cuts for six opioids

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

70,000 ODs in America last year.

Trump is pure evil, isn’t he?

Um, no, just kind of stupid. How is that going to help? It's going to just make it harder for people who need these drugs to get them.
It seems to be another of the genius's concrete thinker ideas. Too many overdoses? Eliminate the drug. Simple, shrimple, just like the Wall.

We need viable alternatives to keep people comfortable. Many have chronic pain and still need to function.

Why has acupuncture never gained popularity in this country? I know someone who was able to put off "inevitable" spinal surgery for decades using it. And it was successful; it stopped him from having crippling pain for years after each treatment.
It is not addictive and it works (at least in many cases). So why is it so completely ignored in this country?
I injured my back a couple years ago and for 6 months I thought my life as I knew it was over. Couldn't walk for more than 5 or ten minutes without excruciating pain. Couldn't stand for any length of time, etc...
The doctors offered the big pain pills but I refused.
Then I tried doing some different exercises. At first they seemed to make little difference but now I am pain free. I still occasionally feel a tinge and get a numbing sensation in my left foot/calf but I am functioning pain free and have 100% movement back.

I would bet that chronic pain in most circumstances could be mitigated or eliminated without hardcore medication but that doesnt turn someone a profit. We are programmed to think we need pills or procedures.
I had a devil of a time with muscle spasms in my back for awhile and I was hugely skeptical when the doctor sent me to physical therapy, but it worked. For awhile anyway. I eventually went to a physical therapist who did myofascial release and it straightened me out for years.
Myofascial?

He is advocating that drug companies reduce the amount of opioids they produce to combat abuse.

Um, no, just kind of stupid. How is that going to help? It's going to just make it harder for people who need these drugs to get them.
It seems to be another of the genius's concrete thinker ideas. Too many overdoses? Eliminate the drug. Simple, shrimple, just like the Wall.

Yep, that’s what Trump is proposing....elimating the drug.....

I mean this sincerely and respectfully, are you being disingenuous or are you stupid?

Reducing supply to limit abuse is not “elimination”.

Think of the drugs as Asians getting accepted into Harvard.

Now you love the idea of quotas and lowering the numbers.

He needs to convince congress to ban TV drug commercials.
Pharma should be marketing to the medical field not the populace. These stupid commercials make people think they need these drugs.
I never understood why they make these commercials targeted the public when it is ultimately a doctors decision

These commercials never tell you what the drug costs

Last edited:

Is this the way you prevent 70,000 ODs in a year? Or is this just something Trump thought up?

It’s a stupid stunt. All this will do is raise the price of a pill on the street as well as cause more OD’s while planting a whole new crop of illicit drug user when the pill people switch to heroin or other shit. This is a bad idea.

He needs to convince congress to ban TV drug commercials.
Pharma should be marketing to the medical field not the populace. These stupid commercials make people think they need these drugs.

Yes, that is what we need, further restrictions on free speech and private enterprises to keep us safe from ourselves.

nanny-state-bridge-sharp-edges-sign.jpg

Why aren't doctors making this decision? My dad just had a knee replacement and he wasn't able to get enough of the pain medication he needed because of these new federal rules that were just pushed out. The government isn't qualified nor in the position to decide this. They will only end up denying meds from people who actually need them and make them needlessly suffer.

Is this the way you prevent 70,000 ODs in a year? Or is this just something Trump thought up?

It’s a stupid stunt. All this will do is raise the price of a pill on the street as well as cause more OD’s while planting a whole new crop of illicit drug user when the pill people switch to heroin or other shit. This is a bad idea.

Lay out your solution. We may just agree.

Specifically, how do we reduce opioid overdoses?

70,000deaths last year....what’s your plan?

Where the hell did you get the 70,000 number?

Why aren't doctors making this decision? My dad just had a knee replacement and he wasn't able to get enough of the pain medication he needed because of these new federal rules that were just pushed out. The government isn't qualified nor in the position to decide this. They will only end up denying meds from people who actually need them and make them needlessly suffer.

????

Who said anything about elimating the drugs for directed usage?

I think the real solution is to prosecute doctors who overprescribe to the full extent of the law.

Limiting the production is supply side as well that could help in the short term.

What’s your specific solution?

We can let the Fucked up addicts just kill themselves off, that’s actually not a bad plan. Cull the herd a bit.

We need viable alternatives to keep people comfortable. Many have chronic pain and still need to function.

Why has acupuncture never gained popularity in this country? I know someone who was able to put off "inevitable" spinal surgery for decades using it. And it was successful; it stopped him from having crippling pain for years after each treatment.
It is not addictive and it works (at least in many cases). So why is it so completely ignored in this country?
I injured my back a couple years ago and for 6 months I thought my life as I knew it was over. Couldn't walk for more than 5 or ten minutes without excruciating pain. Couldn't stand for any length of time, etc...
The doctors offered the big pain pills but I refused.
Then I tried doing some different exercises. At first they seemed to make little difference but now I am pain free. I still occasionally feel a tinge and get a numbing sensation in my left foot/calf but I am functioning pain free and have 100% movement back.

I would bet that chronic pain in most circumstances could be mitigated or eliminated without hardcore medication but that doesnt turn someone a profit. We are programmed to think we need pills or procedures.
I had a devil of a time with muscle spasms in my back for awhile and I was hugely skeptical when the doctor sent me to physical therapy, but it worked. For awhile anyway. I eventually went to a physical therapist who did myofascial release and it straightened me out for years.
Myofascial?
You know the silver skin on a pork tenderloin? The tough stuff you remove before cooking? It holds the sinews and guts in place. That's what it is. It is pretty stubborn, too, when it gets shifted and starts pulling the muscles, spinal cord and associated nerves in the wrong direction. It took about six sessions, twice over the course of a year but she shifted it back where it belonged. Takes a lot of extra training and it is not widely used yet, but at least in my case it was phenomenally successful.

I saw it on your twitter feed......you are a stickler for evidence and links, aren’t you? You damn hypocrite.

Here you go....now post those nice tweets to the gay guy who said not all republicans are racist....you know, the ones you read but wouldn’t post?

Overdose Death Rates

Among the more than 72,000 drug overdose deaths estimated in 2017*, the sharpest increase occurred among deaths related to fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (synthetic opioids) with nearly 30,000 overdose deaths. Source: CDC WONDER

Is the CDC good enough for you? Maybe you can go to Twitter.

It’s called supporting data and a link....now go post those tweets for us.

I saw it on your twitter feed......you are a stickler for evidence and links, aren’t you? You damn hypocrite.

Here you go....now post those nice tweets to the gay guy who said not all republicans are racist....you know, the ones you read but wouldn’t post?

Overdose Death Rates

Among the more than 72,000 drug overdose deaths estimated in 2017*, the sharpest increase occurred among deaths related to fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (synthetic opioids) with nearly 30,000 overdose deaths. Source: CDC WONDER

I do not tweet, so you did not see it on my twitter feed.

So, opioid deaths is 30,000, not 70,000

Thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

For those who don’t like this proposal by Trump, you seem to have a very difficult time laying out your own ideas.

It’s kind of funny.

I proposed combining a reduction on the supply side with the strong pursuit of prosecuting doctors who overprescribe.

It’s not tough, what are your solutions?

Cutting Opioid supply is part of the solution. More importantly alternatives need to presented because you can't cut the supply of people with pain. The FDA refuses to change the narcotics ranking schedule of Pot and Fentanyl purely because of drug company profits. Acupuncture, needling, exercise, massage and inversion tables also need to be presented to pain patients as alternatives.

Overdose Death Rates

I do not tweet, so you did not see it on my twitter feed.

So, opioid deaths is 30,000, not 70,000

Thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Maybe you should read the article again, then go find those nice tweets to the racist gay guy.

Do you even math?

What is your solution to reducing Opioid ODs?

Forum List

Back