Trump picking Pence is like Dukakis picking Bentson

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
DUKAKIS PICKS BENTSEN FOR RUNNING MATE; TEXAN ADDS CONSERVATIVE VOICE TO TICKET; A REGIONAL BALANCE

Bentsen was a senior statesman and moderate at a time when the country was more conservative. I remember thinking, 'If only this ticket was switched.'

The ticket Trump-Pence should be switched. Pence, the statesman should be at the top of the ticket instead of Donnie, the...whatever he is. I expect many true conservatives wish the ticket was switched. The VP slot makes little difference in the outcome.

Vice Presidential Candidates Don’t Deliver Votes

Last edited:
What about Christie and the rest of the hanger-ons? Possible cabinet posts?

DUKAKIS PICKS BENTSEN FOR RUNNING MATE; TEXAN ADDS CONSERVATIVE VOICE TO TICKET; A REGIONAL BALANCE

Bentsen was a senior statesman and moderate at a time when the country was more conservative. I remember thinking, 'If only this ticket was switched.'

The ticket Trump-Pence should be switched. Pence, the statesman should be at the top of the ticket instead of Donnie, the...whatever he is. I expect many true conservatives wish the ticket was switched. The VP slot makes little difference in the outcome.

Vice Presidential Candidates Don’t Deliver Votes
Correct.

VP picks have no positive effect on a given ticket; and as we saw in 2008, can have an adverse effect.

Forum List

Back