Trump orders American troops to retreat

"Administration officials said that Mr. Trump spoke directly with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey on the issue on Sunday. And the officials indicated that the 100 to 150 United States military personnel deployed to that area would be pulled back in advance of any Turkish operation but that they would not be completely withdrawn from Syria."

"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria,” the White House said in a statement released just before 11 p.m. in Washington. “The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces will no longer be in the immediate area."

Trump’s decision — made in the span of a week — to withdraw about 1,000 American troops from northern Syria caught the Pentagon, and the forces on the ground, off guard. Now, American troops are making a hasty withdrawal from all of Syria, not just northeast Syria.

Trump ordered the complete surrender of Syria to enemy forces, which include the Turkish army, Assad's Syrian national army, and Russian troops.

The Times reports, "Russia announced Tuesday that its units were patrolling between Turkish and Syrian military forces near the strategically important Syrian town of Manbij, in a sign that Moscow, a key ally of the Syrian government, was moving to fill a security vacuum after U.S. troops withdrew from the area.

"The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement that military police in northwestern Manbij were patrolling “along the line of contact between” Syria and Turkey, with a senior Russian official saying Moscow was working to prevent a confrontation between them.

"Col. Myles B. Caggins III, a spokesman for the American-led coalition based in Baghdad, confirmed on Twitter on Tuesday, “We are out of Manbij.'"

Now Trump thinks he can end all this with rhetoric and economic sanctions.

Uh-oh. Double uh-oh! Now there is a second whistleblower, this one with first-hand knowledge of events.

So, what does Trump do? What he always does. He replaces one moronic decision -- asking two foreign powers to interfere in our Presidential election -- with another moronic decision. Why? To change the subject, of course. In this case, ordering the retreat of American troops in Syria, enabling the Turks to annihilate our allies, the Kurds, in northern Syria. Turkey regards the Kurds as terrorists, and Kurdish rebellions against the Turks go back two centuries.

It is important to know that it was the Kurds, along with the Syrian rebels, who did the fighting and destroyed the ISIS caliphate in Syria. The Kurds were the effective fighting force that eliminated the ISIS caliphate in Iraq. The Iraqi army contributed.

Now Trump orders the abandonment of that ally. Betrayed by Trump and forced to fight a potentially bloody conflict with Turkey, the Kurdish-led forces will likely abandon any further effort to control ISIS. The U.S. troops in Syria will then be forced to withdraw entirely, which would be a major victory for Russia and open the way for Iran to entrench its forces along Israel’s northern border. U.S. allies around the world meanwhile will have reason to question whether they should cooperate with the Trump government that so casually abandons military partners.

It goes to the depravity of our military's leadership under the non-military Trump that Joint Chief Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper were not surprised by Trump's decision.

The militarily ignorant Trump intends to replace American troops with rhetoric. “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),Trump tweeted.

"In my great and unmatched wisdom." One of two things are true. Trump has become a stand-up comic or he is losing his mind. In any case, he is not the least bit funny.

However, not to worry. This is a con. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Syria envoy Brett McGurk resigned from their positions in December over Trump’s call for a complete U.S. withdrawal, which Trump later reversed because of the heat he received from Republicans. The same thing is happening all over again. Even Mitch McConnell and Fox and Friends joined the chorus of abuse heaped upon our Commander-in-Chief (please don't laugh). When the Framers gave command of the military to the President they never dreamed that Americans would chose an incompetent idiot like Trump.

Trump will take this Republican abuse for a day or two, then he will change his mind and blame the decision on someone else. After all, the cowardly decision was only meant as a diversion from the impeachment drama.

I have no idea why over 60 million Americans support Trump. I wonder if they know why. They don't support him very well. Trump's detractors walk all over Trump, and his fans say very little.

This source contributed to this report: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c9880a-e91e-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html
Retreat? What battle did we retreat from?

I'm new here and I'm guessing you don't appreciate President Trump . That's fine with me but I kinda like having a leader that's up front with his ideas and doesn't bullshit the baker - but that's only me being me .
Lots of liberals here side with the enemy. When our southern border was being invaded by Hispanics, Trump sided with patriotic Americans, liberals sided with the people who came here from shit hole countries.
That's only natural since liberals are the enemy of the America people.

I wonder what it is like to be a President who made a decision, and nearly everyone disagrees with the decision. With the exception of butt kissers, Esper and Milley, this would include the Pentagon, field commanders, and the defense department. Those who disagree with Trump would also include Democrats and Republicans alike in Congress. With the exception of a$$-kisser, Pompeo, the state department can also be added to the list. That is just about everyone who matters in our federal government.

To illustrate this fact, the House today approved a resolution formally rebuking Trump over his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria.

The measure passed in a 354-60 vote, with four lawmakers voting present. The top three House Republicans supported the motion in a rare split from the President. The measure also calls on Turkey to end its military action, calls on the United States to protect the Kurds and calls on the White House "to present a clear and specific plan for the enduring defeat of ISIS" because Trump's strange retreat order caused the escape of thousands of ISIS terrorists.

In the Senate, Trump's friend, Senator. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is co-sponsoring a bill that is expected to introduce sanctions legislation on Thursday.

So, later in the day, Trump went to a meeting of Congressional leaders in a foul mood. Everyone is against him, not withstanding his loyal fans on PF.

Angry from the very start, lying from the very start to a room full of leaders who knew he was lying, the unbalanced Trump suffered a melt down. Then he called the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi a "third-rate politician." Imagine that, calling an equal member of our government a "third rate politician." Trump is really losing it.

The Democratic leaders angrily walked out of a White House meeting. One can hardly blame them.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., trying to cover for Trump, lamely opined that Pelosi stormed out of the room, calling it “unbecoming” of the speaker. He did not mention Trump's defensive, belligerent attitude from the start nor Trump's embarrassing insult of the Speaker.

As the uppermost levels of the American government is tearing itself apart, Vladimir Putin is enormously pleased with Trump's performance.

Little wonder why Trump's backers can't find a thing to say.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has dismissed US calls for a ceasefire in northern Syria and said that he's not worried about American-imposed sanctions.

Speaking to journalists traveling on his presidential plane following a visit to Azerbaijan Tuesday, Erdogan said a ceasefire was off the table. "Declare a ceasefire, they say. We will never declare a ceasefire," Erdogan said. "We do not sit at the table with terrorist organizations."

With gutless wonders like Trump, Pompeo, Esper, and Milley that was entirely expected. Those four are too busy retreating to come forward with a strategic offensive, and Erdogan knows it. Their idea of retaliating against an invasion force is economic sanctions and surrender.

Liberals should be happy that the president reduced the number of US troops in the middle east.

There is no good reason for the American taxpayer to fund never ending wars overseas!

And to prove it, 45 surrenders U.S. Military Bases to Russia and betrays Allies who fought shoulder to shoulder with our troops against ISIS.

It was not much of a base and we have betrayed the Kurds at least a half a dozen time over the last couple decades, they are idiots to trust us.

Uh-oh. Double uh-oh! Now there is a second whistleblower, this one with first-hand knowledge of events.

So, what does Trump do? What he always does. He replaces one moronic decision -- asking two foreign powers to interfere in our Presidential election -- with another moronic decision. Why? To change the subject, of course. In this case, ordering the retreat of American troops in Syria, enabling the Turks to annihilate our allies, the Kurds, in northern Syria. Turkey regards the Kurds as terrorists, and Kurdish rebellions against the Turks go back two centuries.

It is important to know that it was the Kurds, along with the Syrian rebels, who did the fighting and destroyed the ISIS caliphate in Syria. The Kurds were the effective fighting force that eliminated the ISIS caliphate in Iraq. The Iraqi army contributed.

Now Trump orders the abandonment of that ally. Betrayed by Trump and forced to fight a potentially bloody conflict with Turkey, the Kurdish-led forces will likely abandon any further effort to control ISIS. The U.S. troops in Syria will then be forced to withdraw entirely, which would be a major victory for Russia and open the way for Iran to entrench its forces along Israel’s northern border. U.S. allies around the world meanwhile will have reason to question whether they should cooperate with the Trump government that so casually abandons military partners.

It goes to the depravity of our military's leadership under the non-military Trump that Joint Chief Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper were not surprised by Trump's decision.

The militarily ignorant Trump intends to replace American troops with rhetoric. “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),Trump tweeted.

"In my great and unmatched wisdom." One of two things are true. Trump has become a stand-up comic or he is losing his mind. In any case, he is not the least bit funny.

However, not to worry. This is a con. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Syria envoy Brett McGurk resigned from their positions in December over Trump’s call for a complete U.S. withdrawal, which Trump later reversed because of the heat he received from Republicans. The same thing is happening all over again. Even Mitch McConnell and Fox and Friends joined the chorus of abuse heaped upon our Commander-in-Chief (please don't laugh). When the Framers gave command of the military to the President they never dreamed that Americans would chose an incompetent idiot like Trump.

Trump will take this Republican abuse for a day or two, then he will change his mind and blame the decision on someone else. After all, the cowardly decision was only meant as a diversion from the impeachment drama.

I have no idea why over 60 million Americans support Trump. I wonder if they know why. They don't support him very well. Trump's detractors walk all over Trump, and his fans say very little.

This source contributed to this report: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c9880a-e91e-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html
Less than 50 of them. Oh the outrage.

Ooooh, a "second whistle blower"?! About a phone call for which we already have the transcript and about which both Ukraine's president and foreign minister have said Trump did nothing improper?

Did you think that Russians are recently arrived in Syria? They have always been there.

So what are you trying to say?
True your comrades are always been there but they are chicken shit fighting the ISIS. They didn’t do anything impressive..

The Kurds and US forces did the fighting against ISIS.
Sadly after inept Trump abandoned the camp Russian mercenaries took over a well protected camp.

Forum List

Back