Trump on Afghanistan: Decisions are different when you're president

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Trump initially planned to pull the U.S. out of Afghanistan, he said Monday, but his top advisers, including several military generals, changed his mind. “My original instinct was to pull out, and historically I like following my instincts, but all of my life I heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office.”

Trump was convinced by his advisers that withdrawing from Afghanistan would leave a vacuum that would allow groups like the Taliban, ISIS and al Qaeda to prosper. Senior administration officials told reporters that the president’s new plan entailed sending approximately 4,000 troops to Afghanistan, which would bring the total presence past 12,000, but Trump did not confirm troop numbers nor whether they would serve in an advisory or combat role.

More: Trump’s Vague New Afghanistan Strategy Continues An Endless War

He should have had sense enough to know that while he bashed President Obama for eight years. Are Trump supporters okay with his "new" Afghanistan strategy - which is like the same "old" President Obama strategy? Apparently Bannon and Breitbart aren't okay with it.

As long as you're butthurt about his policy I'm good.

I'm not butthurt about it. I think it's funny as hell - and unbelievably HYPOCRITICAL. BTW, Bannon and Breitbart are butthurt about it.

Breitbart News Network

The fuck you aren't. You're butthurt because Trump got elected.

You're butthurt he surrounded himself with four star Marine Generals who crafted his strategy.

You're butthurt the border is becoming secure.

You're butthurt he called China out on trade and North Korea.

You're butthurt he has the economy revving up.

You're butthurt about everything he does.

His success and America's exceptionalism is your worst nightmare.

And so am I. I'll call you libtarded lunatics every time when you promote anything other than America's success.

It was hilarious listening to Trump read his prepared speech off teleprompters like a sedated robot. Hilarious!

I'm not butthurt about it. I think it's funny as hell - and unbelievably HYPOCRITICAL. BTW, Bannon and Breitbart are butthurt about it.

Breitbart News Network

You're butthurt he surrounded himself with four star Marine Generals who crafted his strategy.

And so am I. I'll call you libtarded lunatics every time when you promote anything other than America's success.

Your Messiah never gave one comment without a teleprompter without sounding as stupid as you.

Last edited:
Trump initially planned to pull the U.S. out of Afghanistan, he said Monday, but his top advisers, including several military generals, changed his mind. “My original instinct was to pull out, and historically I like following my instincts, but all of my life I heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office.”

Trump was convinced by his advisers that withdrawing from Afghanistan would leave a vacuum that would allow groups like the Taliban, ISIS and al Qaeda to prosper. Senior administration officials told reporters that the president’s new plan entailed sending approximately 4,000 troops to Afghanistan, which would bring the total presence past 12,000, but Trump did not confirm troop numbers nor whether they would serve in an advisory or combat role.

He should have had sense enough to know that while he bashed President Obama for eight years. Are Trump supporters okay with his "new" Afghanistan strategy - which is like the same "old" President Obama strategy? Apparently Bannon and Breitbart aren't okay with it.
The surge in Iraq worked until Obama ran like a bitch.

HE SAID SOME WORDS!!!!

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

The Orange Clown pulled a 1969 Nixon, the fucking lying coward! Nixon claimed he had a secret strategy for victory and the Liar-in-Chief now has a strategy for "winning" also he want to "keep secret". Nixon's true plan was to leave Vietnam swinging because he KNEW it wasn't winnable at that point, and the Idiot-in-Chief will do the same with Afghanistan in the end rather than acknowledging the truth, but blame the Afghans for everything in the end. That war is another failure and has been since Bush, Cheney & Co. allowed OBL to sneak out of the Tora Bora Mountains early in 2002.

Trump supporters must feel terribly conflicted tonight. He repeated the same bullshit that President George W. Bush said about Afghanistan 16 years ago.

So now you Libs are going to bitch about Trump listening to his advisors and Obama's strategy was a drawdown not a troop increase.

Is Trump smarter than the generals? Apparently not. He is simply following in the footsteps of Bush and Obama.

Breitbart News Network

I still can't figure out why he needs these Generals, he told us he knows more than them, believe him,:2up:

Forum List

Back