Trump on Afghanistan: Decisions are different when you're president

Trump says 'decisions are different when you're president'...

...so you people who voted for me were fools to do so based on what I was promising BEFORE I was president.

Obama screwed up Afghanistan by not not listening to the military, changing the rules of engagement and trying to do that silly nation building bullshit that has always failed. All he did with his escalation was get Americans killed. The stupid affirmative action nitwit never even had an objective for the war.

Looks like Trump is on a path to fix all the things that Obama broke. It is good to have a competent Commander in Chief now instead of a worthless dumbass isn't it?

Trump initially planned to pull the U.S. out of Afghanistan, he said Monday, but his top advisers, including several military generals, changed his mind. “My original instinct was to pull out, and historically I like following my instincts, but all of my life I heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office.”

Trump was convinced by his advisers that withdrawing from Afghanistan would leave a vacuum that would allow groups like the Taliban, ISIS and al Qaeda to prosper. Senior administration officials told reporters that the president’s new plan entailed sending approximately 4,000 troops to Afghanistan, which would bring the total presence past 12,000, but Trump did not confirm troop numbers nor whether they would serve in an advisory or combat role.

More: Trump’s Vague New Afghanistan Strategy Continues An Endless War

He should have had sense enough to know that while he bashed President Obama for eight years. Are Trump supporters okay with his "new" Afghanistan strategy - which is like the same "old" President Obama strategy? Apparently Bannon and Breitbart aren't okay with it.
So what now are you bashing Obama too?

The surge in Iraq worked until Obama ran like a bitch.
1385.gif
you-are-a-big-idiot.jpg

Trump initially planned to pull the U.S. out of Afghanistan, he said Monday, but his top advisers, including several military generals, changed his mind. “My original instinct was to pull out, and historically I like following my instincts, but all of my life I heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office.”

Trump was convinced by his advisers that withdrawing from Afghanistan would leave a vacuum that would allow groups like the Taliban, ISIS and al Qaeda to prosper. Senior administration officials told reporters that the president’s new plan entailed sending approximately 4,000 troops to Afghanistan, which would bring the total presence past 12,000, but Trump did not confirm troop numbers nor whether they would serve in an advisory or combat role.

He should have had sense enough to know that while he bashed President Obama for eight years. Are Trump supporters okay with his "new" Afghanistan strategy - which is like the same "old" President Obama strategy? Apparently Bannon and Breitbart aren't okay with it.
I actually applaud the President on listening to the Generals and trying to do the right thing.

But after 16 years it appears the same. We pull back, they fill the void. We rush back in and they pull back. We have to get out of there sometime

This "secret strategy" stuff seems kinda dopey. They know how many troops are there and what they are doing

They live there

I'm not real happy with it.

Afghanistan isn't like Germany, where the situation eventually became a crushy peace time posting.

It will always be a third world hellhole and spending American lives and gold to make it slightly less of a hellhole is not something we should be doing long term.

But I thought that one of the left's complaints about Trump was that he didn't listen to anyone else.

So, where is your relief and happiness that you were wrong about that?

I actually applaud the President on listening to the Generals and trying to do the right thing.

But after 16 years it appears the same. We pull back, they fill the void. We rush back in and they pull back. We have to get out of there sometime

This "secret strategy" stuff seems kinda dopey. They know how many troops are there and what they are doing

They live there

Wow. I just slammed lakosha about not being happy to see Trump listening to advice.

Good for you, this is the RW that we used to have.

I'm not real happy with it.

Afghanistan isn't like Germany, where the situation eventually became a crushy peace time posting.

It will always be a third world hellhole and spending American lives and gold to make it slightly less of a hellhole is not something we should be doing long term.

But I thought that one of the left's complaints about Trump was that he didn't listen to anyone else.

So, where is your relief and happiness that you were wrong about that?

The cult flip flop is fun to watch.

They live there

Wow. I just slammed lakosha about not being happy to see Trump listening to advice.

Good for you, this is the RW that we used to have.

He claimed he had advisors during the campaign. They were telling him to get out! of Afghanistan??????

It was hilarious listening to Trump read his prepared speech off teleprompters like a sedated robot. Hilarious!

...and you're butt hurt that some old blonde whore didn't get to read it
from a teleprompter.
Hillary Hillary Hillary <<<<the necessary deflection when trumpanzees can't defend the Orange One.

Forum List

Back