Trump OKs Keystone pipeline....

yes, its safer than rail cars but I don't care. That's not what I am upset about.

then what exactly is your issue?
I have done told you. Its a foreign company using American courts to FORCE Americans to give up their land to said company. Its a foreign company, they shouldn't use our laws against us.

having an easement is not ownership. Do you think the utility companies OWN the easements on your property?

What is the name of this "foreign company"? that you are so pissed about.
Im not much for semantics of my arguments. Some people don't want that shit in their back yard. Its their fucking property. And while ED might be necessary in some cases, it shouldn't include a FOREIGN company.
The concept behind ED is that the people as a whole benefit from the seizure. The source of that seizure is really irrelevant. I disagree with ED on the whole but really the fact that it is a foreign company is irrelevant. If the government has the ability to take property under the guise of the general welfare it has that ability no matter who is trying to get the pipe laid.
It does to me. Forcing people to give up their rights to private property for a foreign company absolutely irks me.

Corporations own this country. They routinely break laws, exploit workers, and whine about regulations as they make record profits. Then they blame the poor for Americas problems. Its a sham.

There will need to be a few thousand SECURITY jobs since the left will sabotage the pipeline any place they can go undetected. I suggest security be given shoot-on-sight orders same as for any other act of terrorism.

700 barrels of oil in one mile of pipe on dry land with 16 monitors per mile of the 1,179 mile route..
OR one monitor every 100 yards and Keystone XL will use satellite technology to monitor 20,000 data points on the pipeline’s operating conditions. -
http://keystone-xl.com/facts/myths-facts/#sthash.s5b7zRTS.dpu
I just,don't get why liberals hate technology......they are batshit crazy.....

Corporations own this country. They routinely break laws, exploit workers, and whine about regulations as they make record profits. Then they blame the poor for Americas problems. Its a sham.
We rejected your liberal crony capitalism.....see Trump.....

bottle those tears Crooked Hillary supporters...we'll use them to pressure test keystone!

So Donald Trump or any other owner of a gulf course would not fight having an oil pipeline breach their golf course boundary?

6,000 Gallons of Oil Spill Onto Valencia Golf Course
A ruptured pipeline sent an estimated 6,000 gallons of crude oil oozing from beneath a Valencia golf course and into the Santa Clara river early this morning, authorities said.
The rupture occurred along a Mobil Oil pipeline, which carries crude oil from Kern County oil fields to a Torrance refinery. It was found by Mobil about 1 a.m. near Tourney Road inside the Valencia Golf Course south of Magic Mountain Road.
Mobil did not know this morning what caused the rupture. Other breaks in recent years have been caused by corrosion of aging pipe sections. Mobil is in the process of seeking government approval to replace the 92-mile pipeline with a safer high-tech system.
Today's rupture is the seventh significant leak from the Mobil pipeline in six years. In 1988, two ruptures three weeks apart in Sherman Oaks and Encino spilled more than 130,000 gallons of crude oil into city sewers. Mobil has spent more than $3.2 million in clean-up costs, damages to property and fines to government agencies.
6,000 Gallons of Oil Spill Onto Valencia Golf Course

Your story is from 25 years ago. Don't you think metallurgy and safety standards haven't improved since then?

"Other breaks in recent years have been caused by corrosion of aging pipe sections. Mobil is in the process of seeking government approval to replace the 92-mile pipeline with a safer high-tech system."

And there's you answer.

Please see my earlier post containing information abut current corrosion prevention.

Thanks for your input.
But, I'm afraid that there are miles and miles of old pipelines.
Half Century Old Pipelines Carry Oil And Gas Load

I give up. Your non-understanding and refusal to acknowledge modern improvements and technologies has made debating with you impossible. Simple robotics to inspect pipeline has made massive improvement to pipeline safety.

But you won't hear it because your mind is made up and that's what the eco terrorist Left has told you.

As Jimmy Valvano once said, "don't ever give up".
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
I will thank God for the day and the moment I have.

Hey, I just quoted facts, in America we have over 40% of all pipelines being classified as "aged". This correlates with our discussion.
Also, in this very thread, I stated that I thought pipelines were safer than using trains to transport oil; etc.
Eco-terrorist? :laugh: Now that's an over-dramatization, if I ever saw one! Hyper-partisans just kill me. :up:

That you did, but:
It is also worth noting that the link I gave earlier identifies over 80% of pipeline spills occurring at the destination where there are better means of containing and cleaning it up. Spills in the actual line itself are rare.

So in many respects, you phobia (j/k) over pipeline ruptures sounds more "The sky is falling" to me than than is necessary. The latest pipeline "spill" I can recall was a massive 200 gallons.

Maybe you should check out:

List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia

Siete wrote: In 2008 the country exported 1.8 million barrels a day of refined products, according to EIA. By 2012 that number jumped to 3.2 million barrels.

What has it jumped to...

... since Jeb Bush and his oil cronies...

... got Obama and Congress to end the oil export ban?

Your story is from 25 years ago. Don't you think metallurgy and safety standards haven't improved since then?

"Other breaks in recent years have been caused by corrosion of aging pipe sections. Mobil is in the process of seeking government approval to replace the 92-mile pipeline with a safer high-tech system."

And there's you answer.

Please see my earlier post containing information abut current corrosion prevention.

Thanks for your input.
But, I'm afraid that there are miles and miles of old pipelines.

I give up. Your non-understanding and refusal to acknowledge modern improvements and technologies has made debating with you impossible. Simple robotics to inspect pipeline has made massive improvement to pipeline safety.

But you won't hear it because your mind is made up and that's what the eco terrorist Left has told you.

As Jimmy Valvano once said, "don't ever give up".
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
I will thank God for the day and the moment I have.

Hey, I just quoted facts, in America we have over 40% of all pipelines being classified as "aged". This correlates with our discussion.
Also, in this very thread, I stated that I thought pipelines were safer than using trains to transport oil; etc.
Eco-terrorist? :laugh: Now that's an over-dramatization, if I ever saw one! Hyper-partisans just kill me. :up:

That you did, but:
It is also worth noting that the link I gave earlier identifies over 80% of pipeline spills occurring at the destination where there are better means of containing and cleaning it up. Spills in the actual line itself are rare.

So in many respects, you phobia (j/k) over pipeline ruptures sounds more "The sky is falling" to me than than is necessary. The latest pipeline "spill" I can recall was a massive 200 gallons.

Maybe you should check out:

List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia
So what is your point?

then what exactly is your issue?
I have done told you. Its a foreign company using American courts to FORCE Americans to give up their land to said company. Its a foreign company, they shouldn't use our laws against us.

having an easement is not ownership. Do you think the utility companies OWN the easements on your property?

Im not much for semantics of my arguments. Some people don't want that shit in their back yard. Its their fucking property. And while ED might be necessary in some cases, it shouldn't include a FOREIGN company.
The concept behind ED is that the people as a whole benefit from the seizure. The source of that seizure is really irrelevant. I disagree with ED on the whole but really the fact that it is a foreign company is irrelevant. If the government has the ability to take property under the guise of the general welfare it has that ability no matter who is trying to get the pipe laid.
It does to me. Forcing people to give up their rights to private property for a foreign company absolutely irks me.
Forcing people to give up their private property rights irks me as well. The difference? The source of that violation is irrelevant - ED should not exist is general.

Forcing people to give up their private property rights irks me as well. The difference? The source of that violation is irrelevant - ED should not exist is general.

that's your opinion, and as they say, opinions are like assholes----------------------everyone has one.

ED is the law, if you don't like it get your representatives to do away with it. Until then, deal with it.

Eminent domain has made many americans quite rich, no one is forced to sell their easement rights (we are not talking about property on the pipeline deal, only easements) at below market prices. and yes, sometimes they have to go to court to get what they deserve, that's why we have courts.

that's your opinion, and as they say, opinions are like assholes----------------------everyone has one.

ED is the law, if you don't like it get your representatives to do away with it. Until then, deal with it.

Eminent domain has made many americans quite rich, no one is forced to sell their easement rights (we are not talking about property on the pipeline deal, only easements) at below market prices. and yes, sometimes they have to go to court to get what they deserve, that's why we have courts.
Well that's good. Doesn't matter if they don't want it. Goddamn, I love big government. Especially when foreign govts get to fuck us with it.

Well that's good. Doesn't matter if they don't want it. Goddamn, I love big government. Especially when foreign govts get to fuck us with it.

then you must just be overjoyed that the federal government owns millions of acres of land in the western states. Why not sell that land to US citizens and use the money to pay down the debt?

then you must just be overjoyed that the federal government owns millions of acres of land in the western states. Why not sell that land to US citizens and use the money to pay down the debt?
I support national parks and what not but I wouldn't argue with that!

forward!!!!!
16142295_10158267206195515_1586776335409708865_n.jpg

Forum List

Back