Trump mocks Pence by asking people after they met with him, “Did Mike make you pray?”

I skimmed the article, but didn't see the quote. Don't care if he did say that. Sounds like something I'd say. The left doesn't get Trumps humor.
Hell, I would ask them that too, just for laughs.

Some evangelicals and Pentecostal types are the kind that would try to get you to pray with them much like a Democrat would try to feel you up.

You apparently missed all the hoopla about Pence when he was running for the House and was the Governor of Indiana then, that's on you not Trump.

I didn't even bring up Rump. I'm just saying nobody outside of Indiana ever heard of him. That's why this article was informative.

. Pence has been active in politics since 1988.

So I learned from reading the article. As I just said, informative.

This was a national controversy in the LGBT circles around/about him as well -- On March 26, 2015, Pence signed Indiana Senate Bill 101, also known as the Indiana "religious objections" bill (Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA), into law.[113] The law's signing was met with criticism by people and groups who felt the law was carefully worded in a way that would permit discrimination against LGBT persons.[114][115][116][117] Such organizations as the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the gamer convention Gen Con, and the Disciples of Christ spoke out against the law. Apple CEO Tim Cook and Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff condemned the law, with Salesforce.com saying it would halt its plans to expand in the state.[118][119] Angie's List announced that they would cancel a $40 million expansion of their Indianapolis based headquarters over concerns with the law. The expansion would have moved 1000 jobs into the state.[120] Thousands protested against the policy.[114] Five GOP state representatives voted against the bill, and Greg Ballard, the Republican mayor of Indianapolis, criticized it as sending the "wrong signal" about the state.[121]

Pence defended the law, stating that it was not about discrimination. In an appearance on the ABC News program This Week with George Stephanopoulos,[122] Pence stated, "We are not going to change this law", while refusing to answer whether examples of discrimination against LGBT people given by Eric Miller of anti-LGBT group Advance America would be legal under the law.[123] Pence denied the law permitted discrimination and wrote in a March 31, 2015, Wall Street Journal op-ed, "If I saw a restaurant owner refuse to serve a gay couple, I wouldn't eat there anymore. As governor of Indiana, if I were presented a bill that legalized discrimination against any person or group, I would veto it."[124] In the wake of the backlash against the RFRA, on April 2, 2015, Pence signed legislation revising the law to prevent potential discrimination.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................................

As to the rest; a bit touchy about me calling you out ain't ya? Your commentary was in reference to Trump's behavior in reference to the article; "juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play"

Umm.... nnnnno. Once again Evelyn Wood, my post was a simple rejoinder to another poster who couldn't find the quotation referenced in the OP because he didn't read far enough. I gave him that quotation BUT ALSO AT THE SAME TIME POINTED OUT THAT THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THE ARTICLE.

Which it isn't. I read the whole thing and the referenced quote doesn't even appear until the end, like an epilogue.

OH LOOK --- A BUNNY. :banghead:

As I said many times---- Reading is a lost art.

I notice you had to remove your original post in an attempt to backtrack your statements on the subject which I responded - too bad the forum hasn't forgotten your words here:

It wasn't "humor" at all; it was the same juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play he spends every waking moment on (which is to say every moment since he never sleeps). Which also explains the authoritarian-sycophant OP swooning for this sophomoric shit since that's the kind of bullshit that impresses a masochist like him.

But that's hardly what the article's about. This passage is buried at the bottom. It's far more informative of what kind of hypocritical fuckup we'll have to deal with when the present Fuckup-in-Chief rumps himself out of a job. It's far more about the Koch brothers and the corporatocracy (the "swamp") and its inextricable ties to Pence, than it is about Rump.

I haven't "removed" a damn thing. If a post of mine was deleted I got no notice about it nor am I aware of it.

And your quote just confirms what I keep drumming into your thick cranium anyway. I made it real big so maybe even you can find it.

Again, I responded to your commentary about Trump, "juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play," (as I had noted in post 35). Here I'll pare your words down even further:

It wasn't "humor" at all; it was the same juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play he spends every waking moment on (which is to say every moment since he never sleeps). Which also explains the authoritarian-sycophant OP swooning for this sophomoric shit since that's the kind of bullshit that impresses a masochist like him.

To which I responded:

(Post 30): I know it's rough to think outside your little box Pogo, but yea, Trump was needling Pence on LGBT issues, because he wanted to know if Pence was as much a lunatic as the left made him sound before choosing him to be his running mate. He also likely continues to remind Pence that /his/ ideas - that SSM is law now - are not being undermined by Pence's beliefs.

Pence strikes me familiar, its like I "could" lead, but I prefer to support others - "right hand man" in every sense. If Pence is like me, then he's perfectly happy to reaffirm that Trumps calling the shots. It's just like when I'm managing for an owner and I'm freaking out because the tills off - someones stealing, but the owner says they don't give a shit. I step down and let it go, because I don't own the place and it's not my place to decide how "seriously" to take an issue, it's up to the owner. Same idea.

and clarified further (Post 35): Your commentary was in reference to Trump's behavior in reference to the article; "juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play" I explained that kind of shit happens all the time in business; it's alpha territorial shit and it sure as hell isn't kids play, which is why liberals in general suck at it - they're skin is too thin to handle passive aggressive joking because they take everything as an attack, rather than as a mere commentary. It is possible to respect someone even when you completely disagree with their beliefs, goals, and objectives. For example, my husband is a religious asshole, my mother is a total push over with no backbone, my father is an authoritarian asshole, and my bio-father hates Mexicans - I can still respect these people even though their personal beliefs are not in alignment with mine.

Lefties tend to think "oh if they believe/think that then they're Hitler and I can't like them" but that's not the way it works for most people - shades of gray - it's why us normally adjusted folks laugh at them about their off the wall panics all the time. Same reason we laugh when they say shit like "Trump's a sexual abuser" even though all Trump did was make joke, a bad joke perhaps, but a "true" joke.

Kinda sounds rather similar to a "did he make you pray" joke, if that's even true. I bet Pence isn't worried about it too much - he's not a woman, nor a thin skinned beta male.

You apparently missed all the hoopla about Pence when he was running for the House and was the Governor of Indiana then, that's on you not Trump.

I didn't even bring up Rump. I'm just saying nobody outside of Indiana ever heard of him. That's why this article was informative.

This was a national controversy in the LGBT circles around/about him as well -- On March 26, 2015, Pence signed Indiana Senate Bill 101, also known as the Indiana "religious objections" bill (Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA), into law.[113] The law's signing was met with criticism by people and groups who felt the law was carefully worded in a way that would permit discrimination against LGBT persons.[114][115][116][117] Such organizations as the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the gamer convention Gen Con, and the Disciples of Christ spoke out against the law. Apple CEO Tim Cook and Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff condemned the law, with Salesforce.com saying it would halt its plans to expand in the state.[118][119] Angie's List announced that they would cancel a $40 million expansion of their Indianapolis based headquarters over concerns with the law. The expansion would have moved 1000 jobs into the state.[120] Thousands protested against the policy.[114] Five GOP state representatives voted against the bill, and Greg Ballard, the Republican mayor of Indianapolis, criticized it as sending the "wrong signal" about the state.[121]

Pence defended the law, stating that it was not about discrimination. In an appearance on the ABC News program This Week with George Stephanopoulos,[122] Pence stated, "We are not going to change this law", while refusing to answer whether examples of discrimination against LGBT people given by Eric Miller of anti-LGBT group Advance America would be legal under the law.[123] Pence denied the law permitted discrimination and wrote in a March 31, 2015, Wall Street Journal op-ed, "If I saw a restaurant owner refuse to serve a gay couple, I wouldn't eat there anymore. As governor of Indiana, if I were presented a bill that legalized discrimination against any person or group, I would veto it."[124] In the wake of the backlash against the RFRA, on April 2, 2015, Pence signed legislation revising the law to prevent potential discrimination.

As to the rest; a bit touchy about me calling you out ain't ya? Your commentary was in reference to Trump's behavior in reference to the article; "juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play"

Umm.... nnnnno. Once again Evelyn Wood, my post was a simple rejoinder to another poster who couldn't find the quotation referenced in the OP because he didn't read far enough. I gave him that quotation BUT ALSO AT THE SAME TIME POINTED OUT THAT THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THE ARTICLE.

Which it isn't. I read the whole thing and the referenced quote doesn't even appear until the end, like an epilogue.

I notice you had to remove your original post in an attempt to backtrack your statements on the subject which I responded - too bad the forum hasn't forgotten your words here:

But that's hardly what the article's about. This passage is buried at the bottom. It's far more informative of what kind of hypocritical fuckup we'll have to deal with when the present Fuckup-in-Chief rumps himself out of a job. It's far more about the Koch brothers and the corporatocracy (the "swamp") and its inextricable ties to Pence, than it is about Rump.

I haven't "removed" a damn thing. If a post of mine was deleted I got no notice about it nor am I aware of it.

And your quote just confirms what I keep drumming into your thick cranium anyway. I made it real big so maybe even you can find it.

Again, I responded to your commentary about Trump, "juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play," (as I had noted in post 35). Here I'll pare your words down even further:

To which I responded:

(Post 30): I know it's rough to think outside your little box Pogo, but yea, Trump was needling Pence on LGBT issues, because he wanted to know if Pence was as much a lunatic as the left made him sound before choosing him to be his running mate. He also likely continues to remind Pence that /his/ ideas - that SSM is law now - are not being undermined by Pence's beliefs.

Pence strikes me familiar, its like I "could" lead, but I prefer to support others - "right hand man" in every sense. If Pence is like me, then he's perfectly happy to reaffirm that Trumps calling the shots. It's just like when I'm managing for an owner and I'm freaking out because the tills off - someones stealing, but the owner says they don't give a shit. I step down and let it go, because I don't own the place and it's not my place to decide how "seriously" to take an issue, it's up to the owner. Same idea.

and clarified further (Post 35): Your commentary was in reference to Trump's behavior in reference to the article; "juvenile penis-wagging insecurity power play" I explained that kind of shit happens all the time in business; it's alpha territorial shit and it sure as hell isn't kids play, which is why liberals in general suck at it - they're skin is too thin to handle passive aggressive joking because they take everything as an attack, rather than as a mere commentary. It is possible to respect someone even when you completely disagree with their beliefs, goals, and objectives. For example, my husband is a religious asshole, my mother is a total push over with no backbone, my father is an authoritarian asshole, and my bio-father hates Mexicans - I can still respect these people even though their personal beliefs are not in alignment with mine.

Lefties tend to think "oh if they believe/think that then they're Hitler and I can't like them" but that's not the way it works for most people - shades of gray - it's why us normally adjusted folks laugh at them about their off the wall panics all the time. Same reason we laugh when they say shit like "Trump's a sexual abuser" even though all Trump did was make joke, a bad joke perhaps, but a "true" joke.

Kinda sounds rather similar to a "did he make you pray" joke, if that's even true. I bet Pence isn't worried about it too much - he's not a woman, nor a thin skinned beta male.
Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

Unlikely, Pogo is pretty dense at times. Reminds me of one of my good friends who went to Portland for college and thought he was "smarter" than us Alaska educated sots when he came home. It was kind of an inside joke because he was totally pigheaded and tone deaf when he was off base; nothing anyone said or did could ever convince him he was in the wrong, and us uneducated noobs were right. It was like he had a self-preservation mental block heh

To which I responded:

And *I* explained to *you*, repeatedly even though it was already spelled out in the original postings, which again I did not "remove" so you're already lying ---- that none of that was my point, and that the quote centered on by the OP was in turn not the point of the article either.

So one more time I'll take you by the hand and lead you through this step by step.... IN ORDER TO MAKE THAT POINT that the OP's point is not the article's point, I then pointed out the reason that the OP would have centered on that insignificant piece of the article and made it his headline ----- is exactly BECAUSE it's a manifestation of that whole testosterone-poisoned "alpha" bullshit that he laps up like a puppy in his by-now notorious quest to find the next jackboot to lick. And THAT is why a perfectly good article got misrepresented, or at least misdirected, by a thread title that really does not convey what the article is about. THAT explains why the thread title centers on what is effectively a throwaway at the bottom of the article.

UNDERSTAND?

SMFH

To which I responded:

And *I* explained to *you*, repeatedly even though it was already spelled out in the original postings, which again I did not "remove" so you're already lying ---- that none of that was my point, and that the quote centered on by the OP was in turn not the point of the article either.

So one more time I'll take you by the hand and lead you through this step by step.... IN ORDER TO MAKE THAT POINT that the OP's point is not the article's point, I then pointed out the reason that the OP would have centered on that insignificant piece of the article and made it his headline ----- is exactly BECAUSE it's a manifestation of that whole testosterone-poisoned "alpha" bullshit that he laps up like a puppy in his by-now notorious quest to find the next jackboot to lick. And THAT is why a perfectly good article got misrepresented, or at least misdirected, by a thread title that really does not convey what the article is about. THAT explains why the thread title centers on what is effectively a throwaway at the bottom of the article.

UNDERSTAND?

SMFH

Shake your head all you want Pogo, you're just making yourself look stupid here. You made comments about Trump in your post and I responded to them. It's clear to everyone reading this no matter how much you wag the dog about the "point of your article" and blah blah blah. Seriously man, just let it go...

And as far as the "leaving your comments out" part, I am willing to buy that you innocently "selectively quoted" the conversation. It's why I dropped it.

Forum List

Back