Trump may be in violation of 1982 Decree against the RNC

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Trump: I'll Only Lose With 'Cheating,' Asks Supporters To Watch Polling Places

"I hope you people can sort of not just vote on the 8th, go around and look and watch other polling places, and make sure that it's 100 percent fine," Trump said.

These weren't just off-the-cuff remarks for Trump. On his campaign website, you can sign up to "volunteer to be a Trump election observer."

Critics have decried his call to voters as voter intimidation, which is illegal.

If his remarks are found to be voter intimidation and if Trump is deemed an agent of the Republican National Committee, it would also violate a consent decree banning the RNC from such activity.

That decree, which has been in place since 1982, was ordered in response to claims of voter intimidation against minorities in the 1970s and 80s, according to Politico's Josh Gerstein.

The consent decree states that the RNC must "refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial or ethnic composition of such districts is a factor in the decision" to monitor those areas.

It allows normal poll watching, like rallying supporters to vote, but not anything aimed at voter suppression, like posting armed guards at polling locations or questioning people in an intimidating way before they vote.

"It's possible Trump is trying to use this as a fundraising ploy to get people's names," says Richard Hasen, a law professor at the University of California, Irvine. "If that's what this is, I'd be relieved, but he's playing with fire here."

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected the RNC's plea to remove the decree in 2013, but added an expiration date of Dec. 1, 2017. If Trump is violating the decree, the DNC could ask for an extension of up to eight years, according to Hasen.

Comrade Trump is learning well from his butt buddy, Pooooootin. This sound like a Russian intimidation technique.

Voter intimidation?

th

Actually the Teabaggers were doing it in 2010 and 2012.

Well, Comrade Trump is taking it up a notch. He is calling out his cult members to be voting vigilantes at the polling places. Yup, these people will be happy to stare down and intimidate anyone who isn't wearing one of the silly Trump hats. Comrade Trump is just beginning his reign of intimidation. He is losing so badly, it is his only chance.

What are you worried about dem hack? Afraid your cheating asses will get caught? You keep on running with your intimidation fantasy. Run off into the sunset.

"I hope you people can sort of not just vote on the 8th, go around and look and watch other polling places, and make sure that it's 100 percent fine," Trump said.

These weren't just off-the-cuff remarks for Trump. On his campaign website, you can sign up to "volunteer to be a Trump election observer."

Critics have decried his call to voters as voter intimidation, which is illegal.

If his remarks are found to be voter intimidation and if Trump is deemed an agent of the Republican National Committee, it would also violate a consent decree banning the RNC from such activity.

That decree, which has been in place since 1982, was ordered in response to claims of voter intimidation against minorities in the 1970s and 80s, according to Politico's Josh Gerstein.

The consent decree states that the RNC must "refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial or ethnic composition of such districts is a factor in the decision" to monitor those areas.

It allows normal poll watching, like rallying supporters to vote, but not anything aimed at voter suppression, like posting armed guards at polling locations or questioning people in an intimidating way before they vote.

"It's possible Trump is trying to use this as a fundraising ploy to get people's names," says Richard Hasen, a law professor at the University of California, Irvine. "If that's what this is, I'd be relieved, but he's playing with fire here."

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected the RNC's plea to remove the decree in 2013, but added an expiration date of Dec. 1, 2017. If Trump is violating the decree, the DNC could ask for an extension of up to eight years, according to Hasen.

Comrade Trump is learning well from his butt buddy, Pooooootin. This sound like a Russian intimidation technique.
Trump the clueless political neophyte.

I believe some of you are reaching on subjects like this. Until a known violation does happen all you have words that I feel you might be twisting.

Now before you proclaim this is some defense for Trump, well you should know by now I would never vote for the clown, but let be factual and admit what he said is not voter intimidation and I feel some of you are twisting his words and trying to start partisan nonsense that is not needed.

Again if it does happen then do something about it but what I have read that he said is nothing about voter intimidation...

Do you think Obama would instruct Loretta Lynch to drop the charges if a couple of Trump supporters showed up at a polling place with clubs, threatening voters, the way he did with these racist bastards?

hqdefault.jpg

Basically, Comrade Trump thinks he can win Penn. by placing his crazy cult members at polling places. What a Buffoon!

Forum List

Back