Trump Just Hit a New Low in the La David Johnson Fiasco

‘Calling the widow of an American soldier killed in action is, emotionally speaking, absolutely gut-wrenching. Knowing that nothing you will say can bring true comfort. Knowing a life -- and likely many lives -- have been altered forever. Facing down pure loss and pure grief.

As difficult as it is emotionally, it is just as simple politically speaking. You call -- or write -- expressing deepest sympathies and condolences. You offer any assistance you can. The end.

Which makes what President Donald Trump has done -- and is doing -- with Myeshia Johnson (and Florida Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson) all the more appalling.

On Monday, in an interview with "Good Morning America," Johnson, the widow of slain Sgt. La David Johnson, spoke for the first time in public about her phone call with Trump. She confirmed Wilson's account that Trump had told her that her husband "knew what he was getting into" and added: "It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said it. He couldn't remember my husband's name."

To which Trump almost immediately replied via Twitter: "I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!"

It's staggering to consider what Trump is doing here.

After spending the weekend attacking Wilson for allegedly lying about the nature of the call between himself and Johnson -- even though White House chief of staff John Kelly confirmed last week the basics of Wilson's account of the words Trump used -- the President is now suggesting that the widow of a soldier killed in action is lying.’

Donald Trump just hit a new low in the La David Johnson fiasco - CNNPolitics

It is indeed staggering what Trump is doing, but should come as no surprise.
What is it about a huugely successful white man with a stunningly beautiful wife that renders so much butthurt in liberals?

Never mind. I get it.
Are you calling all the workers Trump stiffed full of "butt hurt"? Hmm, I guess when you ruin the lives of so many, you could say that.

The widow said she was in the car with:
The Congresswoman
Master Sgt Neil
Her aunt
Her uncle
The Driver

It was on speakerphone and they all heard.

Who would you believe?

Them?

Or the president the Boy Scouts called a liar?

On Monday, in an interview with "Good Morning America," Johnson, the widow of slain Sgt. La David Johnson, spoke for the first time in public about her phone call with Trump. She confirmed Wilson's account that Trump had told her that her husband "knew what he was getting into" and added: "It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said it. He couldn't remember my husband's name."

To which Trump almost immediately replied via Twitter: "I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!"

Either everybody is lying that Trump said "he knew what he was getting into" or Trump is lying that he didn't say it.

‘Calling the widow of an American soldier killed in action is, emotionally speaking, absolutely gut-wrenching. Knowing that nothing you will say can bring true comfort. Knowing a life -- and likely many lives -- have been altered forever. Facing down pure loss and pure grief.

As difficult as it is emotionally, it is just as simple politically speaking. You call -- or write -- expressing deepest sympathies and condolences. You offer any assistance you can. The end.

Which makes what President Donald Trump has done -- and is doing -- with Myeshia Johnson (and Florida Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson) all the more appalling.

After spending the weekend attacking Wilson for allegedly lying about the nature of the call between himself and Johnson -- even though White House chief of staff John Kelly confirmed last week the basics of Wilson's account of the words Trump used -- the President is now suggesting that the widow of a soldier killed in action is lying.’

See? First they said Wilson was lying. Then they came out with Kelly saying Trump did say he signed up for it but he meant well then lied about Wilson again. Then they said only Wilson said Trump didn't know his name.

Now that the widow has confirmed all of that NOW they're newest display of class and bravery comes to attacking a 20 something year old widow with 3 kids for Trump.

And none of them can an explain what is the fucking benefit to them to lie for Trump?

Good lord.
It's ALL he said she said right now and nobody (especially folks on this board) knows the truth about any of it. Trumps a jackass and Federica is an ass clown. The widow is caught in the middle.

What is it about a huugely successful white man with a stunningly beautiful wife that renders so much butthurt in liberals?

Never mind. I get it.
Are you calling all the workers Trump stiffed full of "butt hurt"? Hmm, I guess when you ruin the lives of so many, you could say that.
No, I'm calling you butthurt. Workers work, whiners whine and that's why their butts hurt.

Good lord.
It's ALL he said she said right now

Actually it's "they" say Trump said.

Where they includes, the widow Johnson, the mother, and congresswoman and even chief of staff Kelly.

Never mind. I get it.

Clearly you don't.

Trump is an insensitive asswipe who seeks to build himself up by tearing others down. That's not butthurt, it's shock that anyone could be so self serving and venal in the face of the loss of a family member.

So what is it to you? You are not even an American!

The widow said she was in the car with:
The Congresswoman
Master Sgt Neil
Her aunt
Her uncle
The Driver

It was on speakerphone and they all heard.

Who would you believe?

Them?

Or the president the Boy Scouts called a liar?
Hmmm. Would you trust this woman if she said her hoes didn't have AIDS?
6.jpg

Funny how you folks keep quoting Trump out of context and never include the remainder of his comment. I guess propaganda is much more important than the facts.

You almost gotta laugh. On a day when a Soldier that Barry Hussein once characterized as a "hero" is being sentenced for desertion, the left feigns outrage about a Fla. democrat's shameful politicizing of President Trump's condolence call.

4 Soldiers died during that "event" correct? Only one of thems' relatives' is now making a spectacle correct? along with the rodeo clown of course...

Why is that?

Funny how you folks keep quoting Trump out of context and never include the remainder of his comment. I guess propaganda is much more important than the facts.

Do tell. What else did the Orange Groper have to say?

I actually agree. Surely he said more. And it is being used out of context just like in 2012 when the words "you didn't build that" were also taken out of context, and a completely false narrative was devised and used as a campaign tactic. Even today you have people believing that false narrative, mostly because they want to.

See? First they said Wilson was lying. Then they came out with Kelly saying Trump did say he signed up for it but he meant well then lied about Wilson again. Then they said only Wilson said Trump didn't know his name.

Now that the widow has confirmed all of that NOW they're newest display of class and bravery comes to attacking a 20 something year old widow with 3 kids for Trump.

And none of them can an explain what is the fucking benefit to them to lie for Trump?

Good lord.
It's ALL he said she said right now and nobody (especially folks on this board) knows the truth about any of it. Trumps a jackass and Federica is an ass clown. The widow is caught in the middle.

Kellys confirmed it you goofy fucker. 4 people (Kelly, Wilson, Johnsons widow and Johnsons "mother") all confirmed Trump said it after Trump said he didnt. The only reason you attack Wilson is because she heard what Trump said and told people. Trump has lied on everyone from former Presidents, to Wilson, to he grieving family yet you still do that pretend bullshit where all sides are bad.

That doesn't work anymore.

4 Soldiers died during that "event" correct? Only one of thems' relatives' is now making a spectacle correct? along with the rodeo clown of course...

Why is that?

Because this is most likely the only one Trump screwed up with his history with blacks it's the most probable. I bet he knew the other guys names.

Frederica Wilson also spent her time maniacally screaming "Trayvon! Trayvon! Trayvon!" from the floor of the House during the events in Sanford.
She's cut from the same bolt of cloth as 'Mad'Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee, elected by majority vote of average 85 IQ voters.
As with data entered into computers, garbage in, garbage out.

Trump supporters will gladly demonize the widow of a fallen soldier. That is who and what they are.
And liberals will gladly politicize The death of a fallen soldier. That is who they are.

Pfffttt. Republicans would gladly open another investigation on Benghazi if they thought it would help them politically.

No surprise, it's what they do.

How many of these gold star widows or mothers in the past have had a democrat politician next to them when the president calls to offer them condolences?

That must piss you off that Democrats have military heros too...

I don't remember Obama ringing up Chris Kyle's wife and going 'well he should have known better...'

Trump has no class... All he had to say is that the country was grateful for their sacrifice and he screwed that up...

How many of these gold star widows or mothers in the past have had a democrat politician next to them when the president calls to offer them condolences?

That must piss you off that Democrats have military heros too...

I don't remember Obama ringing up Chris Kyle's wife and going 'well he should have known better...'

Trump has no class... All he had to say is that the country was grateful for their sacrifice and he screwed that up...

‘Just let it go already’: Internet vilifies Trump after he calls Myeshia Johnson a liar
In a shocking move, President Donald Trump attacked the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, refuting her claim that he didn’t know the name of the fallen soldier.

Again, snowflakes continue to despicably use dead US soldiers and their families to launch very public political attacks. Despicable, no shame.

Sorry but it is Trump who is calling a pregnant widow of a soldier not cold in the grave a liar with multiple witnesses on a call..

Trump made this an issue, not anyone else...

Forum List

Back