Trump Just Hit a New Low in the La David Johnson Fiasco

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Calling the widow of an American soldier killed in action is, emotionally speaking, absolutely gut-wrenching. Knowing that nothing you will say can bring true comfort. Knowing a life -- and likely many lives -- have been altered forever. Facing down pure loss and pure grief.

As difficult as it is emotionally, it is just as simple politically speaking. You call -- or write -- expressing deepest sympathies and condolences. You offer any assistance you can. The end.

Which makes what President Donald Trump has done -- and is doing -- with Myeshia Johnson (and Florida Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson) all the more appalling.

On Monday, in an interview with "Good Morning America," Johnson, the widow of slain Sgt. La David Johnson, spoke for the first time in public about her phone call with Trump. She confirmed Wilson's account that Trump had told her that her husband "knew what he was getting into" and added: "It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said it. He couldn't remember my husband's name."

To which Trump almost immediately replied via Twitter: "I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!"

It's staggering to consider what Trump is doing here.

After spending the weekend attacking Wilson for allegedly lying about the nature of the call between himself and Johnson -- even though White House chief of staff John Kelly confirmed last week the basics of Wilson's account of the words Trump used -- the President is now suggesting that the widow of a soldier killed in action is lying.’

Donald Trump just hit a new low in the La David Johnson fiasco - CNNPolitics

It is indeed staggering what Trump is doing, but should come as no surprise.

"I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!"

From Trump's perspective, he did

From the perspective of a grieving widow....it made things worse

She's lying that he didn't know her husbands name.

Saturday: Bury husband. Check.

Sunday: Confirm all talk show appearances. Check.

Monday: Go on talk shows to jake the GOFUNDME account. Check.

Tuesday: Practice looking surprised on Ellen when getting the $100,000 cheque. Check.

OMG! Trump made a phone call!
Somebody get the police!

Ya'll want some cheese to go with that whine?

The widow is just a money grubber now. The gofundme account was started by Wilson's project.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$696,851 of $1.0M goal

Raised by 14,471 people in 6 days

On behalf of the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project, it is with a heavy heart that we announce the death of our Role Model Son and American Hero, Army Sergeant La David T. Johnson. This Sergeant, 25, of Miami Gardens, Fla., was ambushed in Niger while providing training and security assistance to the Nigeriens Armed Forces in the region overwhelmed by Boko Haram. What a tragedy! Role Model Sgt. Johnson leaves behind two children, ages 2 and 6, along with his beloved wife and soulmate Mrs. Myeshia Johnson. Mrs. Johnson is currently pregnant with their third child. The 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project, is establishing a Role Model Army Sgt. La David T. Johnson Scholarship to benefit his children by providing money towards their college education. We are asking you to donate to this worthy cause.

Please, donate generously today.

Click here to support Sgt. La David T Johnson Scholarship organized by Myeshia Johnson

Last edited:
‘Calling the widow of an American soldier killed in action is, emotionally speaking, absolutely gut-wrenching. Knowing that nothing you will say can bring true comfort. Knowing a life -- and likely many lives -- have been altered forever. Facing down pure loss and pure grief.

As difficult as it is emotionally, it is just as simple politically speaking. You call -- or write -- expressing deepest sympathies and condolences. You offer any assistance you can. The end.

Which makes what President Donald Trump has done -- and is doing -- with Myeshia Johnson (and Florida Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson) all the more appalling.

On Monday, in an interview with "Good Morning America," Johnson, the widow of slain Sgt. La David Johnson, spoke for the first time in public about her phone call with Trump. She confirmed Wilson's account that Trump had told her that her husband "knew what he was getting into" and added: "It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said it. He couldn't remember my husband's name."

To which Trump almost immediately replied via Twitter: "I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!"

After spending the weekend attacking Wilson for allegedly lying about the nature of the call between himself and Johnson -- even though White House chief of staff John Kelly confirmed last week the basics of Wilson's account of the words Trump used -- the President is now suggesting that the widow of a soldier killed in action is lying.’

What is it about a huugely successful white man with a stunningly beautiful wife that renders so much butthurt in liberals?

Never mind. I get it.

Um, I believe it was the rodeo clown Congresswoman who attempted to use the phone call (on which she eavesdropped) to score a few cheap political points and to make herself relevant (since the sparkly cowboy hats haven't worked).

How many of these gold star widows or mothers in the past have had a democrat politician next to them when the president calls to offer them condolences?

How many of these gold star widows or mothers in the past have had a democrat politician next to them when the president calls to offer them condolences?

The same amount of democratic politicians who mentored them since childhood.

She deserves better than what Trump offered and continues to do to them.

Trump supporters will gladly demonize the widow of a fallen soldier. That is who and what they are.

Those who are focused on the calls and the widows and not asking why we had troops in Niger, why did we get faulty intel, those people are participating in treason. We need answers. We don't need to have our young heroes in uniform set up by the CIA to get offed by ISIS, since ISIS and the CIA are both under the control of the Mossad.

^This^

Insofar as we're talking about Trump, I'd add to your next to the last sentence the following: "...and deliver...."

Sadly....

trump couldn't remember the soldier's name: check
trump couldn't remember the widow's name: check
trump lied and said he knew the soldier's name: check
trump lied and said he called the widow by name: check
trump supporters lying to support trump's lies: check
trump supporters lying on the widow: check
trump supporters berating the compassion shown for her: check

Trump supporters trashing everything Black, Liberal, Science, common sense, factual, compromising Republicans, global warming, their own health care, their own retirement, their own financial investments, their own environmental health and safety: check...

See? First they said Wilson was lying. Then they came out with Kelly saying Trump did say he signed up for it but he meant well then lied about Wilson again. Then they said only Wilson said Trump didn't know his name.

Now that the widow has confirmed all of that NOW they're newest display of class and bravery comes to attacking a 20 something year old widow with 3 kids for Trump.

And none of them can an explain what is the fucking benefit to them to lie for Trump?

She's lying that he didn't know her husbands name.

Saturday: Bury husband. Check.

Sunday: Confirm all talk show appearances. Check.

Monday: Go on talk shows to jake the GOFUNDME account. Check.

Tuesday: Practice looking surprised on Ellen when getting the $100,000 cheque. Check.
Exactly. No white woman could get away with this crap.

And a race pimp at that?
Yeah the board's race pimp and assorted idiots (you) did mention that the soldier's death meant nothing because he was a "Negro.", check...

Democrats most likely presidential candidate in 2020:

MV5BMTAwMTkwNTQ2NTdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDA0MzU5Nw@@._V1_UY317_CR8,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

And VP:

v2-Anjem-Choudary.jpg

you hit a new low every time you post jones....care to defend yourself?....

Forum List

Back