Trump Just Hit a New Low in the La David Johnson Fiasco

How many of these gold star widows or mothers in the past have had a democrat politician next to them when the president calls to offer them condolences?

The same amount of democratic politicians who mentored them since childhood.

She deserves better than what Trump offered and continues to do to them.
"Mentored" them, my ass. They didn't know each other until the funeral.

Yeah, that's why she was there since he was a child. To set Trump up and have Kelly confirm it! Huzzah!
Who was where since they were a child? There's no evidence the widow ever spoke to the Rodeo clown prior to the funeral.

The widow is just a money grubber now. The gofundme account was started by Wilson's project.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$696,851 of $1.0M goal

Raised by 14,471 people in 6 days

On behalf of the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project, it is with a heavy heart that we announce the death of our Role Model Son and American Hero, Army Sergeant La David T. Johnson. This Sergeant, 25, of Miami Gardens, Fla., was ambushed in Niger while providing training and security assistance to the Nigeriens Armed Forces in the region overwhelmed by Boko Haram. What a tragedy! Role Model Sgt. Johnson leaves behind two children, ages 2 and 6, along with his beloved wife and soulmate Mrs. Myeshia Johnson. Mrs. Johnson is currently pregnant with their third child. The 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project, is establishing a Role Model Army Sgt. La David T. Johnson Scholarship to benefit his children by providing money towards their college education. We are asking you to donate to this worthy cause.

Please, donate generously today.

Click here to support Sgt. La David T Johnson Scholarship organized by Myeshia Johnson

what a fucking joke....not one dime will see college....she will be on welfare and the kids will go for free if at all
What would conservatives be if they didn't roll out one of their favorite stereotypes in order to demean the widow because she is Black...

Did you not see how low they could go with Obama and how he was treated by all Republicans? He was the freakin' president; why should this woman treated any better? It was shameful and I felt like we were set back 50 years; his kids not even spared! I'm sorta disgusted and at my age, not sure I can get over it and move on! What kills me is how some of these bad actors like Trump are thoroughly proud of themselves and brag about their malevolence on social media! The Birther movement begot these times and all Republicans played their part in it; even McConnell and Ryan! :blahblah: :dunno: :rolleyes-41:

The stench from your load of shit is enough to make a me wretch.

‘Calling the widow of an American soldier killed in action is, emotionally speaking, absolutely gut-wrenching. Knowing that nothing you will say can bring true comfort. Knowing a life -- and likely many lives -- have been altered forever. Facing down pure loss and pure grief.

As difficult as it is emotionally, it is just as simple politically speaking. You call -- or write -- expressing deepest sympathies and condolences. You offer any assistance you can. The end.

Which makes what President Donald Trump has done -- and is doing -- with Myeshia Johnson (and Florida Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson) all the more appalling.

On Monday, in an interview with "Good Morning America," Johnson, the widow of slain Sgt. La David Johnson, spoke for the first time in public about her phone call with Trump. She confirmed Wilson's account that Trump had told her that her husband "knew what he was getting into" and added: "It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said it. He couldn't remember my husband's name."

To which Trump almost immediately replied via Twitter: "I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!"

It's staggering to consider what Trump is doing here.

After spending the weekend attacking Wilson for allegedly lying about the nature of the call between himself and Johnson -- even though White House chief of staff John Kelly confirmed last week the basics of Wilson's account of the words Trump used -- the President is now suggesting that the widow of a soldier killed in action is lying.’

Donald Trump just hit a new low in the La David Johnson fiasco - CNNPolitics

It is indeed staggering what Trump is doing, but should come as no surprise.

See? First they said Wilson was lying. Then they came out with Kelly saying Trump did say he signed up for it but he meant well then lied about Wilson again. Then they said only Wilson said Trump didn't know his name.

Now that the widow has confirmed all of that NOW they're newest display of class and bravery comes to attacking a 20 something year old widow with 3 kids for Trump.

And none of them can an explain what is the fucking benefit to them to lie for Trump?

Good lord.
It's ALL he said she said right now and nobody (especially folks on this board) knows the truth about any of it. Trumps a jackass and Federica is an ass clown. The widow is caught in the middle.

Trump's credibility is shot... Kelly didn't even back him... Trump had a 1000 lies said and hadn't even got out of August...

Trump has no shame, just none... Look at his first day and crowd size, that shows you he lie to your face with no shame...

Put down the bong. Kelly completely backed the President.

By "backed" you must mean contridicted. That's what Kellys did

No he didn't and I crawled thru the transcripts for both the Congresswoman who actually claimed that Trump seemed like he was joking AND Kelly's presser the other day. Your talking points are lame.

See? First they said Wilson was lying. Then they came out with Kelly saying Trump did say he signed up for it but he meant well then lied about Wilson again. Then they said only Wilson said Trump didn't know his name.

Now that the widow has confirmed all of that NOW they're newest display of class and bravery comes to attacking a 20 something year old widow with 3 kids for Trump.

And none of them can an explain what is the fucking benefit to them to lie for Trump?

Good lord.
It's ALL he said she said right now and nobody (especially folks on this board) knows the truth about any of it. Trumps a jackass and Federica is an ass clown. The widow is caught in the middle.

Trump's credibility is shot... Kelly didn't even back him... Trump had a 1000 lies said and hadn't even got out of August...

Trump has no shame, just none... Look at his first day and crowd size, that shows you he lie to your face with no shame...

Put down the bong. Kelly completely backed the President.

By "backed" you must mean contridicted. That's what Kellys did

No he didn't and I crawled thru the transcripts for both the Congresswoman who actually claimed that Trump seemed like he was joking AND Kelly's presser the other day. Your talking points are lame.

You're right, I mean..just because you say you crawled through transcripts I guess you have the secret evidence but you dont. You just bluff and lie.

Not convincingly either.

Forum List

Back