Trump is right, US Muslims did celebrate 9-11

Are you guys trying to say it was just the five Israelis that were supposedly celebrating, represented ALL the claims of Muslims celebrating on 9-11?
The 5 celebrating Israelis represent the "number of people" the WAPO article says were detained by the police that Trump is hiding behind as thousands and thousands of Jersey City Arabs.

There could be. Don't count you chickens just yet.
But Pathological liar Trump said that the videos were all over the internet for years, and as you well know, once it is on the internet it never disappears.

NBC News’ Katy Tur asked the New York Republican yesterday, “Where did you see the video? We can`t find anything in our archives. Others can`t find anything in theirs.”

Trump replied, “I saw video. It was on television. How would I know? You`ll have to find it. I`ve also seen it all over the Internet. I`ve seen it on the Internet over the years. I`ve seen it on the Internet.”

Washington post article already posted in this thread.
The WaPo article said "a number of people" that number was 5 and the people were Israelis.
Try a new lie please.
You're the one lying, tying a debunked Israeli story to the Muslim celebrations. Give it up.
No, Trump tied the WaPo article to his phony claim of Muslim celebrations and the WaPo story was about the 5 dancing Israelis who were mistaken for Arabs at first when reported to the police.
Bzzzzzzz wrong again. WaPo article was about people wearing Muslim garb and celebrating on ROOF TOPS. Israel were arrested driving a van close to a remote area next to the stadium. You either have major reading comprehension problems, or are trying to tie the two intentionally.

Are you guys trying to say it was just the five Israelis that were supposedly celebrating, represented ALL the claims of Muslims celebrating on 9-11?
The 5 celebrating Israelis represent the "number of people" the WAPO article says were detained by the police that Trump is hiding behind as thousands and thousands of Jersey City Arabs.
Which part of tailgate-style rooftop parties (plural) do you not understand?

"Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.”

ONE party of Israelis, not even on a rooftop. Now slither away.....

But Pathological liar Trump said that the videos were all over the internet for years, and as you well know, once it is on the internet it never disappears.

NBC News’ Katy Tur asked the New York Republican yesterday, “Where did you see the video? We can`t find anything in our archives. Others can`t find anything in theirs.”

Trump replied, “I saw video. It was on television. How would I know? You`ll have to find it. I`ve also seen it all over the Internet. I`ve seen it on the Internet over the years. I`ve seen it on the Internet.”
Eyewitness accounts from people living in New Jersey corroborate Trump's claim:

I Live In Jersey And Trump Is Right: Muslims DID Celebrate On 9/11 In NJ . . . We Saw It!

Carmine Sabia | Bizpac Review -
It did happen, and I saw it.

Donald Trump is telling the truth about Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on September 11, 2001.

I drove with family members though Patterson, N.J. that morning, after the planes hit. It’s not the kind of thing you forget.

We witnessed people in traditional Muslim garb dancing, jumping, shouting and celebrating like their team had won the Super Bowl, just as Trump said.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” Trump said Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

Trump has refused to back off of those comments. He told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Sunday, “it did happen. I saw it.”

Media outlets and politicians have been quick to call the Republican presidential front-runner a liar but the fact is it happened just like he said.

I didn’t see thousands of Muslims celebrating but I absolutely saw a pocket, perhaps 100, jumping for joy at the sight of the smoke rising from where the Twin Towers used to be.

The funny part of the media-made controversy is that until Trump recalled his experience on that day, these events were a commonly accepted fact by Jerseyans.

Others in N.J. have spoken about witnessing these events.

Suddenly we are all being called liars in order for Trump-haters to cast aspersions on him.

Well, I defy anyone in the media to call me a liar to my face.

Was the Washington Post lying in an article on September 18, 2001 when it wrote the following?

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

I know what I saw, Donald Trump knows what he saw and scores of N.J. residents know what they saw.

What none of us need is some talking head who doesn’t live here or didn’t see what we did to tell us what happened.

I encourage anyone who witnessed the celebrations in N.J., N.Y., or any other city that day to share their stories on Twitter with the hashtag #TrumpIsright.

Debbie remembers too the Muslims celebrating 9/11 on streets of NJ @KimLaCapria@snopes9/11 MUSLIM Attacks on US: Remember What Happened. WHO DID IT. & WHO CELEBRATEDpic.twitter.com/VyX1Qw3F1V

— Alysia Stern (@AlysiaStern) November 23, 2015

@johncardillo@jenilynn1001@Chuckerino there was news footage of Muslims partying and cheering in Passaic and Patterson NJ TRUMP IS RIGHT

— A.P. (@ArtPar17) November 22, 2015

.@BradKRichardson -Want proof that Muslims celebrated as they heard of 9/11 attacks?100s of young men laughing,dancing,cheering; I saw them.

— Pat (@peste85) November 23, 2015

@DonaldTrump@ABC The Blind Shekh lived in Jersey City and I saw it on TV but in NYC many Muslims were also cheering. I saw it myself

— TIMENOUT (@TIMENOUT) November 23, 2015

@GovernorPataki@realDonaldTrump@GStephanopoulos The Muslims were celebrating until they realized the backlash soon to follow. I saw it.

— watsit2u (@thumbug) November 23, 2015

I saw it, too. RT @StormForce_1: The day and age we live in doesn't change the fact that Muslims did in fact … tmi.me - GirlPainting: I saw it, too.

— Connie (@GirlPainting) November 23, 2015

WaPo article was about people wearing Muslim garb and celebrating on ROOF TOPS
Keep on lying, pathological liar Trump will be proud of your stupidity! There is no mention of Muslim garb or Muslims at all in regards to Jersey City. The ONLY people the Jersey City police detained for celebrating were the 5 Israelis. Please show the police records of anyone else detained.

From the WaPo:
In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

I Live In Jersey And Trump Is Right: Muslims DID Celebrate On 9/11 In NJ . . . We Saw It!

Donald Trump is telling the truth about Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on September 11, 2001.

I drove with family members though Patterson, N.J. that morning, after the planes hit. It’s not the kind of thing you forget.

We witnessed people in traditional Muslim garb dancing, jumping, shouting and celebrating like their team had won the Super Bowl, just as Trump said.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” Trump said Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

Trump has refused to back off of those comments. He told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Sunday, “it did happen. I saw it.”

Media outlets and politicians have been quick to call the Republican presidential front-runner a liar but the fact is it happened just like he said.

I didn’t see thousands of Muslims celebrating but I absolutely saw a pocket, perhaps 100, jumping for joy at the sight of the smoke rising from where the Twin Towers used to be.

The funny part of the media-made controversy is that until Trump recalled his experience on that day, these events were a commonly accepted fact by Jerseyans.

Suddenly we are all being called liars in order for Trump-haters to cast aspersions on him.

Was the Washington Post lying in an article on September 18, 2001 when it wrote the following?

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

I know what I saw, Donald Trump knows what he saw and scores of N.J. residents know what they saw.

What none of us need is some talking head who doesn’t live here or didn’t see what we did to tell us what happened.

I encourage anyone who witnessed the celebrations in N.J., N.Y., or any other city that day to share their stories on Twitter with the hashtag #TrumpIsright.

Debbie remembers too the Muslims celebrating 9/11 on streets of NJ @KimLaCapria@snopes9/11 MUSLIM Attacks on US: Remember What Happened. WHO DID IT. & WHO CELEBRATEDpic.twitter.com/VyX1Qw3F1V

@johncardillo@jenilynn1001@Chuckerino there was news footage of Muslims partying and cheering in Passaic and Patterson NJ TRUMP IS RIGHT

.@BradKRichardson -Want proof that Muslims celebrated as they heard of 9/11 attacks?100s of young men laughing,dancing,cheering; I saw them.

@DonaldTrump@ABC The Blind Shekh lived in Jersey City and I saw it on TV but in NYC many Muslims were also cheering. I saw it myself

@GovernorPataki@realDonaldTrump@GStephanopoulos The Muslims were celebrating until they realized the backlash soon to follow. I saw it.

I saw it, too. RT @StormForce_1: The day and age we live in doesn't change the fact that Muslims did in fact … tmi.me - GirlPainting: I saw it, too.

Trump supporters lie in packs to protect pathological liar Trump.

Which part of tailgate-style rooftop parties (plural) do you not understand?

"Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.”

ONE party of Israelis, not even on a rooftop. Now slither away.....
The only people detained and questioned were the 5 dancing Israelis who were celebrating on the rooftop of the van. There is no other police report of anyone else detained and questioned by the Jersey City police.

Here is some interesting analysis of the FBI report on the "high fivers" as the FBI called the celebrating Israelis.

"The Israelis reveal their guilt by their own words on multiple occasions. They were caught in several lies, such as Yaron Shmuel's assertion that they were "on the West Side Highway" in New York City at the time of the "incident" (see page 4 of the police report). The FBI's review of EZ-Pass records showed that the Urban Moving Systems van used by the Israelis to travel from Brooklyn, NY (location of their residences) to Weehawken, NJ on the morning of September 11, 2001 passed through the Brooklyn, NY entrance to the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel at 7:48 a.m.. That was approximately 58 minutes before the alleged Flight 11 slammed into the North Tower.

In another lie (Section 5 page 45), Sivan Kurzberg claimed they were "caught in heavy traffic" and did not arrive at the parking lot of the apartment complex until 10:00 a.m. or later, which is at least an hour after they were actually there. In his version of events, the three Israelis seen celebrating at the parking lot went up onto the roof of Urban Moving Systems after browsing internet news sites. Oded Ellner also lied with a claim that they stopped to get gas after the first plane crash on their way to the parking lot, which again renders the Israeli timeline even more impossible. The FBI found they had bought gas at about 2:14 p.m. and there is evidence that Ellner may have stopped at the gas station prior to the first impact."

Last edited:
Keep on lying, pathological liar Trump will be proud of your stupidity! There is no mention of Muslim garb or Muslims at all in regards to Jersey City. The ONLY people the Jersey City police detained for celebrating were the 5 Israelis. Please show the police records of anyone else detained.

From the WaPo:
In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

again, you are having reading comprehension problems, Multiple parties of people, not one party, and celebrating on rooftops, which is t where the Israelis were.

"law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river".

Now watch him say :cuckoo: "it was only the Israelis." :cuckoo:

Trump supporters lie in packs to protect pathological liar Trump.

Really? Sounds more like Obama supporters.

From the WaPo:

again, you are having reading comprehension problems, Multiple parties of people, not one party, and celebrating on rooftops, which is t where the Israelis were.

"law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river".

Now watch him say :cuckoo: "it was only the Israelis." :cuckoo:
Still you have no police reports (plural) of anyone other than the 5 Israelis (plural). You are claiming that there were others so the burden of proof is on YOU!

Trump is a celebrity birther who relies on usefull idiots like the OP and tea tards to stay popular in the polls.

I remember the news back then...........as many Muslims danced around the world........and it showed them doing it here....................As far as thousands.........I simply don't remember..............I remember Hundreds doing so........more maybe.........maybe not...............

Don't care.............To the ones that cheered and the ones supporting those that cheered............You can kiss my ass.

Trump can go only so far because there are only a limited number of useful idiots.

Washington post article already posted in this thread.
The WaPo article said "a number of people" that number was 5 and the people were Israelis.
Try a new lie please.
You're the one lying, tying a debunked Israeli story to the Muslim celebrations. Give it up.
No, Trump tied the WaPo article to his phony claim of Muslim celebrations and the WaPo story was about the 5 dancing Israelis who were mistaken for Arabs at first when reported to the police.
Bzzzzzzz wrong again. WaPo article was about people wearing Muslim garb and celebrating on ROOF TOPS. Israel were arrested driving a van close to a remote area next to the stadium. You either have major reading comprehension problems, or are trying to tie the two intentionally.
Don't understand what the word allegedly means, do you?

Those reported rumors were determined to be "unfounded." Look at AP story Sept 17, 2001.

What you have people is people "remembering" a rumor turned urban legend.

There were reporters who tried in vain at the time to track down these rumors:

"The fact is that New Jersey and New York news organizations tried to track down rumors and unverified reports of celebrations in New Jersey cities and turned up little or nothing.

The Star-Ledger, New Jersey’s largest newspaper, wrote on Sept. 13, 2001, about persistent rumors — repeated all day on talk radio and on the Internet” — that Muslims were celebrating in the streets of Paterson, New Jersey. That story did not contain any mention of Jersey City nor did it provide any evidence that the rumors in Paterson were true.

The New York Daily News dispatched a reporter to Paterson shortly after the attacks to investigate the same rumors and came up empty.

In a Sept. 14, 2001, story, the Daily News quoted an unidentified police officer saying there were no public celebrations in Paterson. “I patrol these streets every day and I haven’t seen one person with a smile on their face at the mention of this tragedy,” the officer told the Daily News. “The people here are suffering and mourning like everyone else.

On Sept. 18, 2001, the Associated Press wrote that federal investigators had returned to Jersey City — specifically to the neighborhood that had been “home to a mosque where blind sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman preached before he was convicted of plotting the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and other New York City landmarks.”
But there was no mention of any 9/11 celebrations in Jersey City. Instead, the paper wrote of “Arab-Americans [who] decried the terrorist attacks, and told of harassment they had suffered in the past week.”

The Star-Ledger revisited the rumors again in a Sept. 23, 2001, story about the rise of bias incidents against Muslims and Arabs. John Farmer Jr., who was the state’s attorney general at the time, told the Star-Ledger that reports of rooftop celebrations in Paterson were an “insidious rumor” that was helping to fuel the rise in bias incidents. The Star-Ledger said of the rumor of celebrations: “n the end it was nothing more than a rapid-fire urban myth.”

Fact check: Trump, Carson on 9/11 'celebrations' - USA Today

More from the top law enforcement official in New Jersey:

Former AG on Trump's claim of cheering in N.J. on 9/11: 'It didn't happen'

As the horror and confusion unfolded on Sept. 11, 2001, John Farmer Jr. — then New Jersey's top law enforcement official — heard a rumor about Jersey City.

Word was spreading that people in the state's second-largest city— located directly across the Hudson River from Manhattan — were celebrating the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center that day.

"We checked that out instantly," Farmer, who was New Jersey's attorney general at the time, recalled in an interview Tuesday with NJ Advance Media. "If it had been going on — especially in the thousands — we would have locked that place down. Because it would have been a serious threat to public safety."

The story became relevant again in recent days after Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump claimed this weekend that he saw television footage of "thousands and thousands" of people in Jersey City cheering on 9/11. It was part of his argument that the U.S. needs to institute surveillance at mosques in the wake of the Nov. 13 Paris terrorist attacks.

But various officials and news reports have vehemently disputed Trump's claims.

Farmer said the rumors about Jersey City and of celebrating elsewhere in New Jersey were never confirmed.

"There was no dancing on the rooftops in Jersey City or Paterson on 9/11," said Farmer, who also served as senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission, co-chaired by former Gov. Tom Kean. "That was one of several confused, false reports that circulated that day that we checked out. Obviously, if there had been, it would have been a serious thing."

"There was no evidence that that happened," he concluded. "It didn't happen."

Forum List

Back