Trump is Mis-managing Trade war like Bush mis-managed the war in Iraq

The Banker

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2017
Boston
The war in Iraq. What a GOP Bush failure. These morons couldn't even win a war against a 2nd world country, as if that's so hard to do.

Right now Trump is doing the same thing with the trade war. I am somewhat supportive of the trade war, as we need to take a stand. But just like the war in Iraq there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and these manufacturers explain what Trump is doing wrong and what he needs to do right (But Trump is too emotional and stupid to do it right).

'It's not a free market': These manufacturers say tariffs help level the playing field with China

Wilson sources some components from China that are subject to Trump’s tariffs. That means the company is paying a tax on those components, while the competition in China is not.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors. Gore says tariffs on Chinese-made drones should be higher than what he pays on the components.

A policy like this would help support American-made technology, he says, and create an incentive to keep manufacturing in the U.S., which would ultimately protect American intellectual property.

Put the tariffs on the proper goods (the competition). Don't put the tariffs on the components these manufacturers need to make the goods. Trump's blanket tariff policy is stupid. They need to be more strategic and more targeted protecting US companies, and hurting Chinese competition.

OK time for you all to make excuses for Trump because you can never criticize Mein Fuhrer and you can never hold GOP politicians accountable for any failures/mistakes. Meanwhile we have to watch trump fuck up, just like with Bush.

Last edited:
upload_2019-9-15_10-4-44.png

Trying to undo the damage done by other Presidents like that idiot Obama when they gave away the store to countries like China is tough business.

A net lost of a half trillion dollars year to China is disaster for this country. Thank god Trump has the courage to take on the task and yes there will some agony.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Trying to undo the damage done by other Presidentsn like that idiot Obama when they gave away the store to countries like China is tough business.

A net lost of a half trillion dollars year to China is disaster for this country. Thank god Trump has the courage to take on the task and yes there will some agony.
I said i support the trade war. BUT you have to win this war and you have to make the proper moves and decisions. Trump is not making the proper moves, and these manufacturers clearly demonstrate what is wrong.

Did you even read the article???? Probably not...

Again you can't hold Trump accountable, you just make excuses for him... sad... and pathetic.

We lost about 150,000 in Wilson's war, about 250,000 in FDR's war (an entire Army lost within 4 months), about 35-50,000 depending on statistics in Truman's grossly mismanaged 3 year fiasco in Korea and about 50,000 in LBJ's fraudulent war in Vietnam where he set the rules so we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Tell me again about Iraq?

• Banned
We lost about 150,000 in Wilson's war, about 250,000 in FDR's war (an entire Army lost within 4 months), about 35-50,000 depending on statistics in Truman's grossly mismanaged 3 year fiasco in Korea and about 50,000 in LBJ's fraudulent war in Vietnam where he set the rules so we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Tell me again about Iraq?
Wait are you trying to claim that the Iraq war wasn't a total epic disaster? That doesn't make sense.

Trying to undo the damage done by other Presidentsn like that idiot Obama when they gave away the store to countries like China is tough business.

I said i support the trade war. BUT you have to win this war and you have to make the proper moves and decisions. Trump is not making the proper moves, and these manufacturers clearly demonstrate what is wrong.

Did you even read the article???? Probably not...

Again you can't hold Trump accountable, you just make excuses for him... sad... and pathetic.

Yes I read the article. Thank you for asking.

I was commenting on his courage to do something other Presidents were too chickenshit to take on.

And yes I agreed that there will be some agony. Maybe if you have a better way than him then write him a letter. I am sure he will be interested in getting your viewpoint on how to do his job that the American people elected him to do.

The war in Iraq. What a GOP Bush failure. These morons couldn't even win a war against a 2nd world country, as if that's so hard to do.

Right now Trump is doing the same thing with the trade war. I am somewhat supportive of the trade war, as we need to take a stand. But just like the war in Iraq there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and these manufacturers explain what Trump is doing wrong and what he needs to do right (But Trump is too emotional and stupid to do it right).

'It's not a free market': These manufacturers say tariffs help level the playing field with China

Wilson sources some components from China that are subject to Trump’s tariffs. That means the company is paying a tax on those components, while the competition in China is not.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors. Gore says tariffs on Chinese-made drones should be higher than what he pays on the components.

A policy like this would help support American-made technology, he says, and create an incentive to keep manufacturing in the U.S., which would ultimately protect American intellectual property.

Put the tariffs on the proper goods (the competition). Don't put the tariffs on the components these manufacturers need to make the goods. Trump's blanket tariff policy is stupid. They need to be more strategic and more targeted protecting US companies, and hurting Chinese competition.

OK time for you all to make excuses for Trump because you can never criticize Mein Fuhrer and you can never hold GOP politicians accountable for any failures/mistakes. Meanwhile we have to watch trump fuck up, just like with Bush.

Maybe they should stop using Chinese made components.

I guess republicans just ignore the facts and pray that they go away, like they do on Foxnews.
Democrat's and "Facts" aren't even in the same zip code. ... :cuckoo: .. :lol: :lol:
1) I'm not a democrat
2) this is directly from a US manufacturer:

Your only response to this statement from a US manufacturer is to say he is lying??? You haven't provided a single meaningful, insightful, or intelligent response yet. You suck at this... Try to keep up with the real debate Son.

Just wondering, did you even read the article?

If so then explain to us how these US manufacturers can compete against Chinese manufacturers that can significantly undercut his price? Using US made components would further add to his costs, that is not going to help anything.

If so then explain to us how these US manufacturers can compete against Chinese manufacturers that can significantly undercut his price? Using US made components would further add to his costs, that is not going to help anything.

I’ve said many times that tariffs on China need to be raised. Yes, I agree that tariffs in this case need to be raised, but this company is using Chinese made parts, so I have little sympathy for them.

I’ve said many times that tariffs on China need to be raised. Yes, I agree that tariffs in this case need to be raised, but this company is using Chinese made parts, so I have little sympathy for them.
You seem to be missing the point of the article.

Tariffs on the chinese manufactured products need to be raised, tariffs on the components need to be lowered.
If this manufacturer uses US components then his costs go up even more and he is at a further disadvantage... resulting in even less sales for his business.

You seem to be missing the point of the article.

Tariffs on the chinese manufactured products need to be raised, tariffs on the components need to be lowered.
If this manufacturer uses US components then his costs go up even more and he is at a further disadvantage... resulting in even less sales for his business.

Wrong. Tariffs on the components need to go up. We should be manufacturing everything and not relying on communists and slave made goods.

He supports slapping tariffs on Chinese-made drones so competitors in China do not have an unfair advantage. Impossible Aerospace pays tariffs on components it sources from China, such as lithium-ion batteries and AC motors.
If American made parts are available then it is hypocritical to support tariffs on your own Chinese competitors, but against them when it comes to American suppliers' competitors. I too would like to see manufacturing brought back to USA. I'm far from an expert and so I'll be basing my judgement of Trump's handling of this effort on his results of lowering our foreign trade deficit.

China is a rotten, no good country that can't be trusted. That's why it's great that Trump is playing Xi like a fiddle. 1.3 billion stressed Chinamen going through soy sauce withdraw was never going to be easy for Xi. Yeah, old Trumpy has the yella' fella' on the run.

You haven't provided a single meaningful, insightful, or intelligent response yet.
That's because I haven't seen you post anything meaningful, insightful, or intelligent to respond to. ... :cuckoo:
Exactly, you can't respond to my facts so you have to try and troll to avoid debating the issues. Almost everyone else is debating the issues, and responding to my post, you are the only one that seems to be having a problem here. This isn't that complicated why are you having such a hard time with it? You look really stupid right now.

Forum List

Back