Trump has not built any new fence - sorry, but I told you

Hutch,
do you personally believe nearly 100,000 people are illegally crossing into the US monthly?

May I remind you that while you may not consider that an invasion, the US Army's total enlisted active roster of soldiers would be overwhelmed in just 4 months at that rate.

However, some put the real number (counting those never caught) at nearer to 500,000.

That would mean the US Army is outnumbered over again EVERY MONTH.

Yes. I believe numbers can be that high as they've been much higher in the past.

You are wildly speculating with your numbers you say are not caught. You have no way of knowing how many if any make it through.

Been trying to tell people for years now, it's ALL a Dog and Pony show. Trump is part of the establishment. It's all an illusion. You're waiting on elected officials to restore America? (sad)
But feel free to continue to stand your ground.

Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence, agency confirms
Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence, agency confirms

And I've also been adamant, only American patriots can save America at this point.....but they have declined.

And there we are.

Talk about a semantics game. Saying you didn't build new wall when you're replacing things like landing mat fences and vehicle barriers with the bollard fencing, is like saying you didn't buy a new car because you had one before. Give me a fucking break.

All I am getting from you is that Trump and congress suck and didn't really want a stupid wall.

I am asking YOU what YOU think we should do.

Hutch seems to be unwilling to answer simple questions.

I've asked how many illegals he thinks are crossing the border monthly and he (she?) wouldn't answer.

That speaks volumes for itself.

Congress blocks him at every move.
Repubs couldn't get it done with both houses either.

Republicans never "really" have both houses completely.
Even when hey "had" Senate they could never get the votes needed to get 60 votes.
There are ALWAYS Dems in both houss that were able to block most things...and if they didn't , a Liberal judge would.

Congress doesn't want it.
but the people voted a president into office across the country for it. your wittle reps and senators don't speak for a nation, the president does since he's voted in by the people of the USA. reps and senators by states.

Hutch,
do you personally believe nearly 100,000 people are illegally crossing into the US monthly?

May I remind you that while you may not consider that an invasion, the US Army's total enlisted active roster of soldiers would be overwhelmed in just 4 months at that rate.

However, some put the real number (counting those never caught) at nearer to 500,000.

That would mean the US Army is outnumbered over again EVERY MONTH.

Yes. I believe numbers can be that high as they've been much higher in the past.

You are wildly speculating with your numbers you say are not caught. You have no way of knowing how many if any make it through.
Likewise, speculating that summer heat is the reason that only 95,000 were arrested in June. It could be that they changed behavior and evaded the BP, for all we know.

Again, what number do you think is acceptable?

Talk about a semantics game. Saying you didn't build new wall when you're replacing things like landing mat fences and vehicle barriers with the bollard fencing, is like saying you didn't buy a new car because you had one before. Give me a fucking break.

Yep, that's what the FoxNews story says......

SAN DIEGO, California — The Trump administration has not installed a single mile of new wall in a previously fenceless part of the U.S.-Mexico border in the 30 months since President Trump assumed office, despite his campaign promise to construct a “big beautiful wall.”

In a statement last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the federal agency overseeing border barrier construction, confirmed that all the fencing completed since Trump took office is "in place of dilapidated designs" because the existing fence was in need of replacement.

The agency said that it had built 51 miles of steel bollard fence with funding that was set aside during fiscal 2017 and 2018. But while the funding was meant both to replace outdated walls and to place barriers where there previously had been none, the government has only completed the replacement projects. The projects to secure areas with no fence are still in the works.

The 50 miles of completed replacement barrier is a 10-mile gain since early April. In Trump’s two and a half years in office, his administration has installed an average 1.7 miles of barrier per month, and none of it in areas that did not previously have some sort of barrier. A total 205 miles of new and replacement barrier has been funded in the two and a half years since Trump took office.

A senior administration official told the Washington Examiner that Border Patrol and the Army Corps of Engineers moved faster on replacement projects than the new ones because the approval process for environmental and zoning permits was far less extensive than areas of the border with no barrier.

A second senior official defended the progress the administration's progress and blamed Democrats in Congress for blocking funding for additional projects the White House has tried to move on.

Border arrests dropped sharply in June

Border Patrol arrested roughly 95,000 migrants in June, according to figures released Wednesday by Customs and Border Protection. That’s down from nearly 133,000 in May, the highest monthly total since March 2006.
When can we call this an invasion?

Great. Compare that to the past, dope.

How many "unvasions" have we managed in the past?
So, is it something we should stop?

I'm just trying to get your general argument or message.

You're spazing all over the place like an epileptic at a strobe light convention.

Of course we should stop it. Those numbers are who we stopped, dope. I've never said otherwise. You're all over the place. I've made two points. It's not an invasion and Trump has handled it incompetently.

Democrats have been working very hard to obstruct the wall. Shitstain obama judges have given court orders obstructing the wall. If you want the wall the democrats have to go.

That's what republicans said the last time. And the time before that, and that one time before that.

Not wildly.
I pull these number from many sources. (Not including my arse tyvm)

But you are correct in that I have not personally been to the border and counted 100,000 people coming across with my abacus.

so, like most I try to discern the BS from the truth and figure what I believe is the realistic numbers.

Seriously? How do you sit on a computer or other internet enabled device posting here and remain clueless when the answers you seek are just a few searches away?
There are govt agencies that track this and make monthly numbers publicly available.

This is easy. They've done the work for you.
Border Arrests Drop by 28% in June in First Decline of the Year

I didn't ask what the published numbers were...I know what they are.

I asked

May I ask how many people you personally believe are crossing the borders monthly, and where you get your information?

You seem to be refusing to answer. Why? It's a simple, innocent question.

Also, the drop you mention could be due to Trump's demand that Mexico stop the flow of immigrants or face severe tariffs.
I refused nothing. I gave you the numbers.
I believe the DHS numbers. Why wouldn't I?
Aren't they the same numbers Trump and his agencies use?

I encourage you to look at the numbers over the last 25 years and see where we are now compared to histrical trends.

I encourage you to look at the numbers over the last 25 years and see where we are now compared to histrical trends.

You mean like this?....you don't see where this supports the argument that immigration is out of hand? Figuratively an "invasion"?
Look at the change since around 1970. 50 years ago?

FRS-SPT-2019_Figure_1_UPDATED.png

By the context of my previous posts. Do you read the thread or are you a no context, hit and run poster?
All I am getting from you is that Trump and congress suck and didn't really want a stupid wall.

LOL...
This is the first time you asked that, dope.

I want Trump to do what was done and worked in the past. Keep families together and process assylum claims honestly and efficiently. Run detention centers per established protocols and treat people with dignity. At least maintain the standards of human rights we hold others to.

You mean like this?....you don't see where this supports the argument that immigration is out of hand? Figuratively an "invasion"?
Look at the change since around 1970. 50 years ago?

FRS-SPT-2019_Figure_1_UPDATED.png

Huh?
As a percentage of the population, immigrants are less than in 1920.

Hutch seems to be unwilling to answer simple questions.

I've asked how many illegals he thinks are crossing the border monthly and he (she?) wouldn't answer.

That speaks volumes for itself.

I gave you the numbers, dope.
Do you think I would do that if I didn't believe them?

You dopes are seriously lacking any sense at all.

Huh?
As a percentage of the population, immigrants are less than in 1920.

Why are you beginning to become insulting? Up to that point you were doing so well.

If you think about it, you might come to a different conclusion.
Many do not even want a question on the census asking whether you are a citizen or not.

What that should tell you is that the number presented is most likely not close, meaning it is more than likely MUCH higher than the figure they know of.

We really don't have any reliable current information. Maybe that's why Trump is making an attempt to gather it?

Last edited:
The problem would be so small it wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

None of you right wingers will EVER just fucking agree and start going after illegal employers. So guess what? You'll never solve this. Illegal employers are the lure. No illegal employers and most of them will pack up and move home.

They are here to work. The VAST majority of them are here to work. Wake up. Don't argue.

The "lure"--as you put it--was front and center at the recent Democratic presidential debates. As the old adage goes, a picture is worth a thousand words:

Screen-Shot-2019-06-27-at-9.37.51-PM.png

How do you reconcile your party's overt statements offering fiscal support specifically to illegals with your above statement that the only "lure" is illegal employers?

The problem would be so small it wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

None of you right wingers will EVER just fucking agree and start going after illegal employers. So guess what? You'll never solve this. Illegal employers are the lure. No illegal employers and most of them will pack up and move home.

They are here to work. The VAST majority of them are here to work. Wake up. Don't argue.

The "lure"--as you put it--was front and center at the recent Democratic presidential debates. As the old adage goes, a picture is worth a thousand words:

How do you reconcile your party's overt statements offering fiscal support specifically to illegals with your above statement that the only "lure" is illegal employers?

Those here illegally process the food we eat. They prepare the meals we eat. They watch our children. Do we not want to make sure they are healthy?

You can argue that you do not want them to do that but they are and no one is addressing that.

Every illegal I know is working and not getting free anything.

Are you actually suggesting that the number of illegals you "know" is statistically significant for purposes of categorizing the percentage of illegals that participate in the U.S. workforce vs the percentage that are not (including those that derive income primarily from criminal activity or government benefits)? Get real.

Forum List

Back