Trump Got How Much From Deutsche Bank?!

Shw me the document where he did that.

Read any article about Trump. You can't be this fucking stupid.

In articles about his relationship with the German bank, he told them his net worth was over 8 billion. Fraud.

The bank does due diligence then decides if they want to lend. If the bank takes him at his word without verifying his net worth, that’s on the bank.
Providing false information is fraud.

Claiming that you’re worth $8 billion is not fraud. Providing fraudulent documentation is fraud.

Trump values his brand at whatever is over a billion dollars. It’s up to the bank to determine if his brand value is worth that much.

So, it is perfectly legal to verbally misrepresent ones financial strength when applying for a loan.

Yes.

If you go to the bank to get a loan on your home and claim it’s worth $2 million when it’s really worth $200,000, and the bank gives you a million dollar loan, that’s on the bank.

Of course, that won’t happen because the bank will do its due diligence on you, your home, your neighborhood, etc. They’ll look at you as nuts but they won’t have you arrested for fraud.

There’s no evidence that Trump submitted false documentation
I don't disagree. I was using an example. We also don't know that he didn't submit false documentation. We do know that he lied about his net worth, and we know the underwriters at deutsche bank knew he was lying. Was that documented? We are going to find out, you know.

No, granting a loan to a defaulted,poorly qualified borrower to pay off another lending division of the same bank is NOT typically how banking works. Saying it is is as absurd as saying that granting a loan based on knowingly false information relieves the borrower of accountability for the felony they have committed .

Claiming that you’re worth $8 billion is not fraud
When you sign the loan application and then sign the loan note based on that information, it most certainly is fraud. In fact, It's a felony. You are way offbase. Whether or not the nodding sycophant banker was complicit in this fraud does not relieve the borrower of responsibility for this fraud. That would just be a conspiracy, and both parties would be guilty of fraud.

Do you understand why we have an NMLS registry?

It’s not fraud if Trump claims his brand is worth $7 billion and has $1 billion in hard assets.

The “syncophantic banker” will lose his job if he doesn’t do his diligence and the loan goes bad.

If you go to the bank to get a loan on your home and claim it’s worth $2 million when it’s really worth $200,000, and the bank gives you a million dollar loan, that’s on the bank.
100% false. The borrower has still committed a crime.

It’s not fraud if Trump claims his brand is worth $7 billion and has $1 billion in hard assets.
It is, if trump is knowingly lying. And if the banker knowingly goes along with the lie, he is also guilty of fraud.

In fact, this is the red meat of ongoing investigations in the SDNY right now, regarding manafort.

I don't disagree. I was using an example. We also don't know that he didn't submit false documentation. We do know that he lied about his net worth, and we know the underwriters at deutsche bank knew he was lying. Was that documented? We are going to find out, you know.

No, granting a loan to a defaulted,poorly qualified borrower to pay off another lending division of the same bank is NOT typically how banking works. Saying it is is as absurd as saying that granting a loan based on knowingly false information relieves the borrower of accountability for the felony they have committed .

Claiming that you’re worth $8 billion without backing it up isn’t fraud.

What’s fraudulent is if an appraiser says your building is worth $200 million but bribe him to say it’s worth $400 million. There is no evidence that happened.

Why it’s not fraudulent to claim what your brand is worth is because it’s almost impossible to know for certain. Someone might say his brand is worth $7 billion and someone else might say it’s worth $7.

I didn't say it was. I said signing a loan application which states that and then signing a loan note based on that information IS fraud. Please stop with the dishonest garbage, thanks.

Why it’s not fraudulent to claim what your brand is worth is because it’s almost impossible to know for certain.
Still wrong. The fraud is in the intent. Yes, that can still be fraud.

I didn't say it was. I said signing a loan application which states that and then signing a loan note based on that information IS fraud. Please stop with the dishonest garbage, thanks.

Why it’s not fraudulent to claim what your brand is worth is because it’s almost impossible to know for certain.
Still wrong. The fraud is in the intent. Yes, that can still be fraud.

No, it’s not because you can’t prove that he’s wrong. You’d never win that in court. Exaggeration isn’t an offense.

Besides, that’s not what happened. He didn’t get a $4 billion loan. It would have been something like 5% of that. I know the banker. I do business with him to this day. He’s a very sharp guy, and has forgotten 1000x more than everyone commenting in this thread knows about banking.

No, it’s not because you can’t prove that he’s wrong.
Irrelevant. One would only have to prove that he knowingly inflated this number. Yes, that would be tough to do, but if enough people are willing to testify to this, it can sway a jury.

And how is this desperate,tangential nonsense relevant anyway? Do you have any evidence or even indication that this is what occurred, when trump stated his net worth? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

I know the banker.
The last time you mentioned your banker friend, you claimed he said that trump paid deutsche bank in full. That is false, by a margin of up to $175 million. Your friend either does not exist, or he is a shameless liar, or you are lying about what he said. In any of these cases, we can reject your banker friend as a credible source of anything.

And my job title is "executive vice president of lending". So you go ahead and have your banker friend log on to this board and i will happily discuss who knows what and what the facts are.

Last edited:

What’s fraudulent is if an appraiser says your building is worth $200 million but bribe him to say it’s worth $400 million. There is no evidence that happened.

Why it’s not fraudulent to claim what your brand is worth is because it’s almost impossible to know for certain. Someone might say his brand is worth $7 billion and someone else might say it’s worth $7.

So its only fraud if you get caught? Good to know.

No, it’s not because you can’t prove that he’s wrong.
Irrelevant. One would only have to prpve that he knowingly inflated this number. Yes, that woild be tough to do, but if enough Peole are willing to testify to this, it can sway a jury.

I know the banker.
The last time you mentioned your banker friend, you claimed he said that trump paid deutsche bank in full. That is false, by a margin of up to $175 million. Your friend either does not exist, or he is a shameless liar, or you are lying about what he said. In any of these cases, we can reject your banker friend as a credible source of anything.

And my job title is "executive vice president of lending". So you go ahead and have your banker friend log on to this board and i will happily discuss who knows what and what the facts are.

You work on Wall Street? Or are a community banker? What do you know about DB’s lending to the Trump Organization?

I don’t know all the loans he’s made with DB. I do know about the loans he made with the group at DB my colleague heads, which to my understanding was all the lending done by DB to Trump. And he said they were made whole.

So its only fraud if you get caught? Good to know.

Nope. Try again.

You work on Wall Street? Or are a community banker? What do you know about DB’s lending to the Trump Organization?
Apparently, just by reading a newspaper, i know more than your "banker friend".

Trump still owes deutsche bank up to $175 million. Deutsche bank's private lending division made a loan to trump while he was in default on a loan from the deutsche bank commercial division. He used that loan to setlle his defaulted loan with the same financial institution. Those are facts. And that is supicious lending activity, to say the least. I look forward to examining the documentation that congress has demanded from deutsche bank, and which is set to be delivered to them next month. If I ever get to see it, that is.

Apparently, just by reading a newspaper, i know more than your "banker friend".

Trump still owes deutsche bank up to $175 million. Deutsche bank's private lending division made a loan to trump while he was in default on a loan from the deutsche bank commercial division. He used that loan to setlle his defaulted loan with the same financial institution. Those are facts. And that is supicious lending activity, to say the least. I look forward to examining the documentation that congress has demanded from deutsche bank, and which is set to be delivered to them next month. If I ever get to see it, that is.

My colleague left in 2009 to start his own firm, so I don't know what happened after that.

But if you really are an "Executive VP of Lending," you'll know that banks will often restructure loans rather than drag it through bankruptcy court or seize the asset.

And defaulting is not a crime, no matter how much the looney left hates Trump.

The equation is rather simple.......The bank needed to launder Russian oligarchs' ill-gotten and huge gains; they needed an American STOOGE to do their dirty deeds........and the orange clown is the "prefect" stooge.

Bear in mind that Trump lied and told him he was worth $3 billion......and the bank determined that the liar was only worth about $650 million.....but went ahead and loaned him $2 billion anyway.....

When does the bank FRAUD penalty apply???
Should this mafia bank be allowed to exist?

That "mafia bank" is getting even bigger, its merging.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Using Forbes, Fortune, and Bloomberg Trump's net worth was around $3.5b during 2016

Trump-net-worth-e1525279425728.png

My understanding is that he’s worth a bit less than a billion

Which is a little under a billion more than you’re worth, fuckface

Ah, poor baby. You have to come running to the defense of your Orange God.

If I inherited as much as Trump, I’d be worth much more than a billion.

Well, as it stands your nest egg is a few food stamps and half a bottle of scotch

Forum List

Back