Trump delivers knockout blow to Clinton/Obama

He showed up. That puts him above obama and clinton. At least he made the effort. Thats more than those other two have done.

You know what I keep asking, that no one yet has answered?

Suppose a Clinton or an O'bama does show up.
------- what exactly are they supposed to DO?
What exactly is my husband supposed to do when I am in surgery? Knowing he is there is good enough.

People died. People lost their homes. They need to know their president gives a shit more about their tears than his damn fucking golf game.

He showed up. That puts him above obama and clinton. At least he made the effort. Thats more than those other two have done.

Reach into their own pockets and help, like Trump did. Like real Americans do.

"Own pockets"? You mean the Play Doh? You think he bought that with his own cash? :lol:

Even so --- how is it necessary to go there to do that? You know we have this stuff called "mail" now? I've got this cool little tool myself -- it's called PayPal.
ENOUGH with the fucking play doh. He brought A LOT of stuff. Diapers, foods, TOYS to keep kids occupied and not stressed over losing their stuff in the house now under water. ENOUGH already.

"Own pockets"? You mean the Play Doh? You think he bought that with his own cash? :lol:

Even so --- how is it necessary to go there to do that? You know we have this stuff called "mail" now? I've got this cool little tool myself -- it's called PayPal.

The question, to flesh it out for y'all in the dimbulb section, is what are they supposed to DO --- that can't be done from elsewhere?
Ok. If your wife ever has to be in a hospital, DON'T GO to show support. Just paypal her some fucking money at the hospital gift shop to be delivered to her room. You just stay home and watch tv, ok? DAYUM and FUCK.

What exactly is my husband supposed to do when I am in surgery? Knowing he is there is good enough.

People died. People lost their homes. They need to know their president gives a shit more about their tears than his damn fucking golf game.

I think they see that every time a FEMA worker comes around.
Your husband coming when you're in surgery doesn't strain the hospital's resources. A POTUS appearance does.

Your husband coming when you're in surgery doesn't strain the hospital's resources.
Yeah. Ignore the gist all you want.
I really dislike you at the moment.

If Hillary went and did the same thing..I would have had a shitload more respect for her even though I loathe her. Same with Obama. But..they didn't bother, did they? But you go ahead and keep bashing the person that DID.

pffffffffffffffffft

/thread

Your husband coming when you're in surgery doesn't strain the hospital's resources.
Yeah. Ignore the gist all you want.
I really dislike you at the moment.

If Hillary went and did the same thing..I would have had a shitload more respect for her even though I loathe her. Same with Obama. But..they didn't bother, did they? But you go ahead and keep bashing the person that DID.

pffffffffffffffffft

/thread

Actually I bashed the OP. For his ridiculous thread.

But the fact remains --- there's nothing for a politician to DO there. There's plenty of work for the first responders, the shelter suppliers, rescuers, all that. Politicians can't do a thing for that operation, and they can and do get in the way.

I'll keep saying this over and over until it sinks in -- when Katrina happened I dealt with whatever the facilities allowed and NONE of it -- not one iota -- depended on whether Bush showed up or not, or when if ever. It was irrelevant. In that situation you're looking for survival today, followed by survival tomorrow.

Just because the MSM declares a President or a candidate "has to show up" --- doesn't make it true. Sorry, I don't swallow these "truisms" without question.

Your husband coming when you're in surgery doesn't strain the hospital's resources. A POTUS appearance does.

Has FEMA been there? And how does POTUS strain the resources? Isn't it usual protocol for the President to visit disaster areas?

Has FEMA been there? And how does POTUS strain the resources? Isn't it usual protocol for the President to visit disaster areas?

Federal facilities are all there, yes. O'bama declared a disaster area a week ago which sets that in motion.
And yes it's usual protocol for the POTUS to stay out of the way when emergency rescues are going on, because it diverts logistical supplies, security, aircraft, etc etc from the rescue operations to the President, and there's nothing he can directly do on the site anyway. That's why the governor advised not coming, as governors usually do, until it's under control.

The same was true when Bush came during Katrina -- he landed and stayed well out of the city area where the worst was going on. People don't seem to get the impact a Presidential arrival has. In normal times it's just a traffic headache but when resources and energies are needed elsewhere it's a real distraction.

(Edit -- I misread your post, so yes it's usual protocol for a POTUS to visit a disaster area, but AFTER the emergency has been handled by those who are on the scene to do just that)

Basically all this clamoring for this or that person to "show up" is a lot of hot-air rhetoric by demagogues sitting a thousand miles from the scene whose lives will be zero-impacted by what's going on there and can afford to stir people up.

Last edited:

The question, to flesh it out for y'all in the dimbulb section, is what are they supposed to DO --- that can't be done from elsewhere?
I realize you don't understand the concept of someone giving their own money (something you sure as shit would never do) but not everybody is a fucking liberal who NEVER reaches into their own pocket to help. It's pretty obvious you're frustrated by the fact that Trump made your POSPOTUS look bad and there's nothing you can do to help the shitwad out. And where's your fat ass Hillary? Did she (or Obama) use PayPal? Hell no, they didn't do shit. As usual.

I realize you don't understand the concept of someone giving their own money (something you sure as shit would never do) but not everybody is a fucking liberal who NEVER reaches into their own pocket to help. It's pretty obvious you're frustrated by the fact that Trump made your POSPOTUS look bad and there's nothing you can do to help the shitwad out. And where's your fat ass Hillary? Did she (or Obama) use PayPal? Hell no, they didn't do shit. As usual.

I don't know -- or care -- what they contributed. It's none of my business. And neither do you. But the point remains, whatever one contributes, large or small, can be and is done remotely. It isn't necessary to go there to do it, and you accomplish nothing by going there unless you have some expertise in, say, rescue operations.

I don't know -- or care -- what they contributed. It's none of my business. And neither do you. But the point remains, whatever one contributes, large or small, can be and is done remotely. It isn't necessary to go there to do it, and you accomplish nothing by going there unless you have some expertise in, say, rescue operations.
Of course you don't know, or care. Your only objective is to bash Trump for doing what Obama and Hillary did NOT do, which is to give of themselves to help their fellow Americans in need. Suck it up, hack, Trump bitch slapped your inept president and the other bitch who is nowhere to be found during this crisis. Yeah, some president she would make, huh? MIA.

Federal facilities are all there, yes. O'bama declared a disaster area a week ago which sets that in motion.
And yes it's usual protocol for the POTUS to stay out of the way when emergency rescues are going on, because it diverts logistical supplies, security, aircraft, etc etc from the rescue operations to the President, and there's nothing he can directly do on the site anyway. That's why the governor advised not coming, as governors usually do, until it's under control.

The same was true when Bush came during Katrina -- he landed and stayed well out of the city area where the worst was going on. People don't seem to get the impact a Presidential arrival has. In normal times it's just a traffic headache but when resources and energies are needed elsewhere it's a real distraction.

(Edit -- I misread your post, so yes it's usual protocol for a POTUS to visit a disaster area, but AFTER the emergency has been handled by those who are on the scene to do just that)

Basically all this clamoring for this or that person to "show up" is a lot of hot-air rhetoric by demagogues sitting a thousand miles from the scene whose lives will be zero-impacted by what's going on there and can afford to stir people up.

Maybe it is better if they weren't 'in the trenches', but a timely visit....to see the devastation these people are living with and not after it's over.....does make for morale boost.

Of course you don't know, or care. Your only objective is to bash Trump for doing what Obama and Hillary did NOT do,

Actually I've said all along, in threads before this one --- what the hell is any of them expected to DO?
Never got an answer. But didn't expect one.

which is to give of themselves to help their fellow Americans in need.

49 seconds of unloading Play Doh. "Desperately needed supplies". :lol:
But it's OK as long as you get a photo op and some vague fake point you can sell to the gullible that they can't define.

Suck it up, hack, Trump bitch slapped your inept president and the other bitch who is nowhere to be found during this crisis.

QED. Wanna buy a bridge?
It's in Louisiana. You want deal? You want deal? :deal:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj4qN3n79HOAhVI5SYKHQTNCDUQqQIIITAB&url=http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/08/19/right-wing-media-lambaste-obama-not-visiting-flooded-louisiania-despite-governor-s-request-he-not/212533&usg=AFQjCNFSd6NyZGIfCbzGiTOnGqWUiT_bcg&sig2=bPELAcidx96xNW2LV6Up0g

Right-wing media are criticizing President Obama for not visiting Louisiana following widespread flooding, saying “the feeling is, does [Obama] really even … care” and attacking him for not ending his “golfing vacation,” ignoring the fact that Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards has publicly requested that Obama not visit due to fear it would drain state resources.

Louisiana Governor Praises Federal Government Response To Flooding, Asks Obama Not To Come
The Advocate: After Massive Flooding In Louisiana, Governor Said That He “Would Just As Soon [Obama] Wait A Week Or Two” To Visit. The Advocate, Louisiana’s largest daily newspaper, reported that massive flooding in Louisiana “has sparked disaster declarations for 20 parishes” and resulted in 13 deaths and damage to 40,000 homes so far. Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards told reporters “he’s not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana and that that a visit from the president “would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.” Edwards added, “I would just as soon [Obama] wait a week or two.” Edwards also said he in “near daily communication with the White House” and that the administration had “shown that the flooding is a priority for the federal government.” From the August 18 article:

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards says he's not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana to see the flood crisis first-hand.

"I'm not complaining in any way about our federal partnership," Edwards said during a news conference on Thursday.

The dem governor told Obama not to visit until the emergency was over. Trump went for a photo op he was warned about doing and his comments were all about him. lol The dupes....
But of course he did, he did not want Trump to look good. If somebody is a dupe it is you.

A visit by Rump doesn't tie up nearly as many resources as a POTUS does with all the Secret Service and bomb sniffers and traffic coordination that has to go on.

In other words, to put it in terms Rump will stay up all night sending whiny tweets about ------- he just ain't that important.
..and that ties into what I said, how?

Really? :banghead:

Read your own post. It's about why a governor would want a POTUS to stay out of the way while emergencies are being handled.

Just as, if there's a building on fire you send the Fire Department ---- you don't send the freaking Mayor.
Don't get smart you anti-American POS. Your critical thinking shit won't cut it. I did not refer to the POTUS, I referred to a Democrat governor trying to keep a Republican pres nominee out. Trump's presence did not pull away vital emergency responders from anywhere, he has his own private security and SS security. We have no idea what conversations the governor had with the POTUS and how did they come up with the "don't come here" bullshit. Who the fuck is a governor telling the POTUS not to come to the state?

He didn't order the president not to come.He said they had more important things to deal with than a presidential visit.

While Obama was out playing golf (again) and Hitlery was counting her money, Donald Trump was personally down in Louisiana with an 18-wheeler filled with desperately needed supplies. Not a prima donna above the "little people" like Obama, but rather just one of the people making a real difference with actions instead of empty platitudes like the Democrats.

Trump SHAMES Louisiana Governor and Media After He Shows Up with an 18-Wheeler Full of…

Oh, and Trump would have done this had he not been Presidential candidate? No, he wouldn't.

So, he's decided this will make him look good, and so he's doing it.

Wow.

Doesn't make him look any worse than Hillary who is at home "resting" amid the prolific health concerns rumors.

Rumors are what? I mean the Republicans have been using rumors for a long time.

It's AUGUST, it's summer time, it's holiday time, it's time to have a rest before the hectic September and October.

Oh, if Trump goes missing a little it's just he's like everyone else, having a holiday, if it's Hillary, she's dying of brain disease, or broken bones or something.

No if it is Trump it is "Trump's campaign is in chaos and he had to leave the road" or "Trump has to stop campaigning to address his 3500 lawsuits". It is political theater. I mean how many democrats have mentioned just on this site that he was unloading play doh, and why would they even notice that in the first place if they were not being hyper sensitive to the optics? Could it be that they are so clueless that they don't realize that when your house gets washed away, so do all the kids' stuff to? I mean if you want to be honest, God forbid, if Hillary weren't running for office, it would be costing somebody $300K just for her to show up somewhere and you would still not see the video of it because she retains the rights to the video and the transcripts as part of her contract riders.

https://ww.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj4qN3n79HOAhVI5SYKHQTNCDUQqQIIITAB&url=http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/08/19/right-wing-media-lambaste-obama-not-visiting-flooded-louisiania-despite-governor-s-request-he-not/212533&usg=AFQjCNFSd6NyZGIfCbzGiTOnGqWUiT_bcg&sig2=bPELAcidx96xNW2LV6Up0g

Right-wing media are criticizing President Obama for not visiting Louisiana following widespread flooding, saying “the feeling is, does [Obama] really even … care” and attacking him for not ending his “golfing vacation,” ignoring the fact that Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards has publicly requested that Obama not visit due to fear it would drain state resources.

Louisiana Governor Praises Federal Government Response To Flooding, Asks Obama Not To Come
The Advocate: After Massive Flooding In Louisiana, Governor Said That He “Would Just As Soon [Obama] Wait A Week Or Two” To Visit. The Advocate, Louisiana’s largest daily newspaper, reported that massive flooding in Louisiana “has sparked disaster declarations for 20 parishes” and resulted in 13 deaths and damage to 40,000 homes so far. Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards told reporters “he’s not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana and that that a visit from the president “would be a drain on resources as the state still works to respond to the flood.” Edwards added, “I would just as soon [Obama] wait a week or two.” Edwards also said he in “near daily communication with the White House” and that the administration had “shown that the flooding is a priority for the federal government.” From the August 18 article:

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards says he's not concerned that President Barack Obama has not yet visited Louisiana to see the flood crisis first-hand.

"I'm not complaining in any way about our federal partnership," Edwards said during a news conference on Thursday.
This is what Obama has planned when he gets to Baton Rouge, Flood Golf.

obama-flood-1.jpg

Yeah, but people see right through this. Do your really think Trump would have done the same thing had he not been the nominee for the Republican party?
Yes. I do. He wasn't running for prez when he flew all those marines home that were stuck, in his Trump plane.

He rented the plane to the military, and had no control over where it went. Transporting those marines had nothing to do with him.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj4qN3n79HOAhVI5SYKHQTNCDUQqQIIITAB&url=http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/08/19/right-wing-media-lambaste-obama-not-visiting-flooded-louisiania-despite-governor-s-request-he-not/212533&usg=AFQjCNFSd6NyZGIfCbzGiTOnGqWUiT_bcg&sig2=bPELAcidx96xNW2LV6Up0g

I suspect people who haven't been through the experience don't realize that the citizen caught in an emergency situation isn't thinking in terms of "does the President in Washington care", but rather in terms of "can I get to safety? Can I get water to drink, food to eat, a dry place to spend the night?". One's needs are much more in the now than the abstract of some politician. Your needs are very direct, and very tangible.

Now if you're in the situation and the systems are NOT working and you aren't getting the survival and shelter needs, then it's helpful for someone from somewhere to show up and take charge and get things in order. That's likely going to be an official from FEMA or the Red Cross or the National Guard or a local charity. The boots on the ground.

Baton Rouge airport was traffic as usual .
Trump's visit didn't interrupt any vital services in flooded areas.

play doh is a joke ? ever think that might be only thing lotsa these kids in shelters have to play with. ?

Forum List

Back