Trump considered revoking Obama's security clearance

If you are not in a position, why do you need it?
This should be common practice!
Do it to everyone.

No - It's a matter of national security and especially during the first couple of years of a new administration. ENOUGH with this power-hungry authoritarian exacting revenge on his political enemies. Remove that power - If there is cause to revoke fine. The DOJ can make that recommendation.
Oh bullshit. We shouldnt have career politicians. We shouldnt have given the fed govt this much power and we wouldnt have sheep arguing for it!

We have given the president (not just this one) too much power. Trump in particular has abused his. Revoking clearances for vindictive reasons, pardoning criminals (Arpaio) before they're even sentenced and convicted felons {D'Souza), Entering military engagements without congressional approval, executive orders to undo literally everything from a past president he hates - ENOUGH
9/10 of your bitching happens with every fucking President dude. Trump is unprecedented, but my fucking gawd man. Its like you guys forget history every fucking time we get someone new in the oval office. ENOUGH
I would be with you if it wasnt so disingenuous.
Most of the shit he is undoing was UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Obama was abusing his powers and trump was undoing that. As i said, DISINGENUOUS

Do it to everyone.

I don't know how to stress this enough, it would be partisan without it. Have you not noticed everyone Trump has hired has been GOP and his backers, until they are not, and then they are spouted as traitors.

Do it to everyone.

No - It's a matter of national security and especially during the first couple of years of a new administration. ENOUGH with this power-hungry authoritarian exacting revenge on his political enemies. Remove that power - If there is cause to revoke fine. The DOJ can make that recommendation.

Another armchair rulemaker without hope.
Seems like you folks are the ones wanting to change the rules, taking away everyone's security clearance.

McMaster talked him out of it. Of COURSE he denies it now.

At the time, some of Trump’s most fervent supporters in the White House saw former Obama Administration officials as powerful enemies who threatened the new President’s rule, and they agitated for punishing them by revoking their security clearances. The idea was rebuffed by the national-security adviser at the time, H. R. McMaster, who signed a memo extending the clearances of his predecessors at the N.S.C., Republicans and Democrats alike.

As Trump stepped up his public and private attacks on Obama, some of the new President’s advisers thought that he should take the extraordinary step of denying Obama himself access to intelligence briefings that were made available to all of his living predecessors. Trump was told about the importance of keeping former Presidents, who frequently met with foreign leaders, informed. In the end, Trump decided not to exclude Obama, at the urging of McMaster.​

LoL - I say let him keep going with this and see how it works out for him. Everyone who has EVER said ANYTHING critical of the Mango Menace gets the axe. Let's do 500 of them a day. That will keep him busy for the next 2.4 years (assuming he lasts that long ;-)

John Brennan’s Choice to Confront Trump
Obama had a clearance???

With his history how the Hell did he swing that???

Why would he still need it?

Indeed. Take Bush's, Clinton's, Bush's, and Carter's as well. If a situation arises wherein Trump wants advice on a particular issue, all he need do is call them.

You cannot "call" someone for advice who has been out of the loop for months if not years. Additionally, you Trumptards need to understand what Donald does not. Having security clearance doesn't mean someone can access intel on their computer. It means they would come in - probably to a SCIF - meet with the appropriate people and view the appropriate materials.

Do it to everyone.
No one should throw away the accumulated experience of years and years of intelligence gathering, TN. Without access to certain current information, these guys couldn't be consulted. It is the currently employed intelligence people who want them to be available for questions when needed. That should be their call, not mine or yours. Or Trump's.
The President shouldnt control the flow of classified information? Lol
They shouldnt be there for years and years! That was my point.
Intelligence agencies aren't political, or they shouldn't be and I think they mostly aren't, it is just the crazed Trump supporters who are PERCEIVING them as political in order to discredit them.
And the President has nothing to do with intelligence gathering, so why would he have anything to do with who has clearance?

Do it to everyone.

Seems like you folks are the ones wanting to change the rules, taking away everyone's security clearance.

Not everyone's mind ya OL - Only their political enemies ;)

Do it to everyone.
No one should throw away the accumulated experience of years and years of intelligence gathering, TN. Without access to certain current information, these guys couldn't be consulted. It is the currently employed intelligence people who want them to be available for questions when needed. That should be their call, not mine or yours. Or Trump's.
Intelligence agencies aren't political, or they shouldn't be and I think they mostly aren't, it is just the crazed Trump supporters who are PERCEIVING them as political in order to discredit them.
And the President has nothing to do with intelligence gathering, so why would he have anything to do with who has clearance?
The Intel community falls under the Executive Branch.

Obama had a clearance???

With his history how the Hell did he swing that???

I don't no. The Kenyan Muslim Marxist palled around with terrorists.
And his real Daddy is Frank Marshall Davis who raised him to be a commie. :rolleyes-41:

0c117a5ea9da683569d4914e0808d92a.jpg

Do it to everyone.
Thats because republicans and democrats have the same end goals.
They have the same foreign policy. Blah blah blah.
Thats that same bullshit excuse people throw up about auditing the FED even though the FEDs board is appointed by a goddamn ideologue.
Americans really need to get a damn clue!
Its the PRESIDENT. The Commander and chief of our armed forced.
You dont want an elected person controlling information but want a fucking BUREAUCRAT to do it? :lol:

Do it to everyone.

What rule would be changed?

Why would he still need it?

Indeed. Take Bush's, Clinton's, Bush's, and Carter's as well. If a situation arises wherein Trump wants advice on a particular issue, all he need do is call them.

You cannot "call" someone for advice who has been out of the loop for months if not years. Additionally, you Trumptards need to understand what Donald does not. Having security clearance doesn't mean someone can access intel on their computer. It means they would come in - probably to a SCIF - meet with the appropriate people and view the appropriate materials.

Indeed, and one out of the loop could be brought up to speed on a specific issue for a limited time if so desired.

I dunno. Maybe magnetic fields are fucking with you people.

Do it to everyone.

Know what's REALLY funny? Donald claims that security privileges are worth a fortune. What BS. When past officials have been called on for advice, do they send the government a bill? Hell no. They help out because they are patriots. Monetarily it is worth NOTHING.

And with or without it, they are free to state their opinions, go on network news as consultants, make speeches and write books.
Worth a fortune in the private sector numbnuts.

Do it to everyone.
Thats because republicans and democrats have the same end goals.
They have the same foreign policy. Blah blah blah.
Thats that same bullshit excuse people throw up about auditing the FED even though the FEDs board is appointed by a goddamn ideologue.
Americans really need to get a damn clue!
Its the PRESIDENT. The Commander and chief of our armed forced.
You dont want an elected person controlling information but want a fucking BUREAUCRAT to do it? :lol:

Yeah, Trump is exactly the same as Obama and Obama is exactly the same as Bush and Bush is exactly the same as Clinton and Clinton is exactly the same as Trump.
See how I went full circle there with your gross generalization? ;-)

Do it to everyone.
The Intel community falls under the Executive Branch.
Indeed it does. I didn't say that he doesn't have the authority; he could shut down every single one of the agencies, or "run" the Mueller investigation, if he wished.
It makes no sense for him to make those kind of decisions on how these agencies run, though--they were created so he wouldn't have to worry about that kind of stuff.

Do it to everyone.

What rule would be changed?

Yanking intel clearance to silence political enemies - THIS is a new Donnie Dumpster operation and rule change.
Straight jacket the bastard before he's allowed to turn us into a banana republic.

1akhj3.jpg

Forum List

Back