Trump = Augustus Caesar?

free832man

Rookie
May 26, 2016
Hey everyone :). I'm a new poster here. I am interested in some quality, civil conversation on the idea I propose in this blogpost. It's a brand new blog, and this is my first post, too. I am a writer, but I have never blogged. So, please forgive the terrible formatting.

Basically, in the post I propose that the best historical comparison to what Donald Trump hopes to do is what Julius Caesar almost did and what his nephew, Augustus Caesar did do. And that is to turn a Republic into a government run by a dictatorship, or as the Romans called it, an Empire run by an Emperor.

If you like the post, there is a second post on the blog going further into some of the specifics that Donald Trump would need to pull it off.

Thanks for you time and I hope you enjoy the post! :)

Donald Trump as Usurper of the Republic – Part 1

Hey everyone :). I'm a new poster here. I am interested in some quality, civil conversation on the idea I propose in this blogpost. It's a brand new blog, and this is my first post, too. I am a writer, but I have never blogged. So, please forgive the terrible formatting.

Basically, in the post I propose that the best historical comparison to what Donald Trump hopes to do is what Julius Caesar almost did and what his nephew, Augustus Caesar did do. And that is to turn a Republic into a government run by a dictatorship, or as the Romans called it, an Empire run by an Emperor.

If you like the post, there is a second post on the blog going further into some of the specifics that Donald Trump would need to pull it off.

Thanks for you time and I hope you enjoy the post! :)

Donald Trump as Usurper of the Republic – Part 1

Welcome to USMB, and your topic looks quite worthy. Hope you take the time for an intro thread though, it's usually the first step.

Hope you enjoy your time here. But bring many hip boots.

OP, what the heck are you talking about Caesar for? Everybody knows Trump is Hitler!

This post should be in the political forum because it has little of history but lots of political opinion. It's interesting to note (and the freeman poster probably never read the book) that the title of a biography of a popular 20th century U.S. Military/political icon was "American Caesar" and both the book and the General were big hits in mid 20th century

This post should be in the political forum because it has little of history but lots of political opinion. It's interesting to note (and the freeman poster probably never read the book) that the title of a biography of a popular 20th century U.S. Military/political icon was "American Caesar" and both the book and the General were big hits in mid 20th century
Thanks for the advice! I will move it over there. I appreciate it.

I Think Bill Gates and Warren Buffet already took those positions of leadership.
Not to leave out the "Cock" Brothers.

OP, what the heck are you talking about Caesar for? Everybody knows Trump is Hitler!
2022719.jpg

Forum List

Back