Trump and Presidential Immunity

A few quick points.

The Trump legal team was smart enough to make good use of an important SCOTUS case:

Nixon v. Fitzgerald, 457 U.S. 731 (1982).​

To be clear, although it discusses and relies upon the concept of “absolute Presidential immunity” for actions taken within the ambit of his duties as President, it is limited in its application to CIVIL liability.

However, a claim of Presidential immunity from criminal liability has not yet been determined by the SCOTUS.

The Nixon case is nevertheless highly instructive — because the reason FOR the existence of “absolute Presidential immunity” have a similar reason for application in the context of a “criminal” case brought by a subsequent rogue President, like Potato.

Our liberals are all aghast and alarmed by the very notion of Presidential immunity. But they can’t deny that it exists in the context of civil liability for Presidential actions undertaken within the ambit of his duties. Thus, the issue being raised by Trump may demand that the SCOTUS now address it.

In fact, it seems to be quite obviously imperative that they do so.

Big Billy bluff boy huffing and puffing. You will comply with the law.
Until Americans no longer voluntarily do so.

The law can only work if people consent to it.

And if it's fair and not shady AF.

Because then people aren't going to consent to it. Idk about you, but I'm American, boy.

Historically, government has always kinda sucked balls and the people kinda self-correct whatever problems the government is causing.

Feel free to post something to disprove that if you don't agree.

If you think the US government can hammer down a few million pissed off Americans, you're a fucking idiot.

That's what it will be. Several million pissed and armed Americans.

It won't be like BLM riots, no.

More like raw, organic rage yet more subdued. Not fake paid rage, riots and looting.

Oh, people will die.

Last edited:
Giving Trump immunity to shield him from anything he may have done during the Presidency will turn any office holder in the future into a dictator.
In the Nixon case, the Justices made an interesting comment relevant to your childish argument in footnote 41:

[Footnote 41]

The dissenting opinions argue that our decision places the President "above the law." This contention is rhetorically chilling, but wholly unjustified. The remedy of impeachment demonstrates that the President remains accountable under law for his misdeeds in office. This case involves only a damages remedy. Although the President is not liable in civil damages for official misbehavior, that does not lift him "above" the law. The dissents do not suggest that a judge is "above" the law when he enters a judgment for which he cannot be held answerable in civil damages; or a prosecutor is above the law when he files an indictment; or a Congressman is above the law when he engages in legislative speech or debate. It is simply error to characterize an official as "above the law" because a particular remedy is not available against him.

CHIEF JUSTICE BURGER, concurring, then added:

It strains the meaning of the words used to say this places a President "above the law." United States v. Nixon, 418 U. S. 683 (1974).

See, Nixon, preciously cited.

Until Americans no longer voluntarily do so.

The law can only work if people consent to it.

And if it's fair and not shady AF.

Because then people aren't going to consent to it. Idk about you, but I'm American, boy.

Historically, government has always kinda sucked balls and the people kinda self-correct whatever problems the government is causing.

Feel free to post something to disprove that if you don't agree.

If you think the US government can hammer down a few million pissed off Americans, you're a fucking idiot.

That's what it will be. Several million pissed and armed Americans.

It won't be like BLM riots, no.

More like raw, organic rage yet more subdued. Not fake paid rage, riots and looting.

Oh, people will die.
You will do nothing.

She emailed election officials in several states to change votes.
Her 501c-3 provided buses for the 1/6 actions.
She helped pay for the rally before the "party" you people say didn't happen.
Stay in denial.

You are going to be so sad, again.

That's what you think, but you're kinda stupid. :dunno:

I have beaten people down that would scare you so bad you would poop your pants.

And yeah, they're big and not nice people at all.

There's a reason I beat them down, they deserved it.

The difference between me and you is, I don't capitulate.
Yup, you're a legend in your own mind, LMAO

1703366411007.png

Forum List

Back