CDZ True or false, government dictating to private organizations is fascist.

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Reminder, this is the "Clean Debate Zone".

True. Fascism permits private ownership, but not necessarily private management.

Depends on what is being dictated. There are certain rules that are the responsibility of the government to dictate to all . Just because it is a private organization doesn't mean their building doesn't have to meet fire code. What specifically are you referring to?

• Banned
Depends on what is being dictated. There are certain rules that are the responsibility of the government to dictate to all . Just because it is a private organization doesn't mean their building doesn't have to meet fire code. What specifically are you referring to?

How about telling a business how much they're allowed to charge?

Isn’t that what anti trust laws do?

as per the USA constitution there is very little to nothing the fed gov has to say about a private company and how they run their business

Depends. Neither dumping nor usury should be allowed.

• Banned

Isn’t that what anti trust laws do?

I don't know. Example?

• Banned

Can you elaborate?

• Banned
How about dictating how much a private property owner is allowed to charge for the use of his property?

those are crimes and covered by the courts,,,

Can you elaborate?
Dumping is interfering in the market dynamics (which gov can´t, right?). It has the potential to destroy the economy.
Usury is market abuse. It also has the potential to destroy the economy.
Where dumping and usury begin is up to the gov to decide.

This is a hypothetical topic.

Can you elaborate?
Dumping is interfering in the market dynamics (which gov can´t, right?). It has the potential to destroy the economy.

I know nothing about that.

I suppose it's fine to set standards that apply to all, but that's not necessarily the same as telling them how they must run their business.

Can you elaborate?

which government are you talking about?? state or federal???

if federal you need to show where in the constitution that authority exists,,,

with real world consequences,,,

Can you elaborate?

I know nothing about that.

I suppose it's fine to set standards that apply to all, but that's not necessarily the same as telling them how they must run their business.
Then explain please what you mean.

Yes. We have fatal dumping in EU and NA and while we have low prices today, it costs us millions of jobs and purchasing power, the entire future. As long as something was made abroad, it doesn´t matter anymore how cheap the child labor has been. Therefore, among other reasons, I support local production.

Yes. We have fatal dumping in EU and NA and while we have low prices today, it costs millions of jobs and purchasing power. As long as something was made abroad, it doesn´t matter anymore how cheap the child labor has been. Therefore, among other reasons, I support local production.
I am not aware of any level of real child labor happening anywhere in the world,,,

Yes. We have fatal dumping in EU and NA and while we have low prices today, it costs millions of jobs and purchasing power. As long as something was made abroad, it doesn´t matter anymore how cheap the child labor has been. Therefore, among other reasons, I support local production.
I am not aware of any level of real child labor happening anywhere in the world,,,
Nearly 100 % of the cotton of our clothes is made in India by underage female slaves:
Sumangali (child labour) - Wikipedia

Child labor is common in China and you can´t know whether your goods were made by underage workers.
Foxconn says underage workers used in China plant

Nearly 100 % of the cotton of our clothes is made in India by underage female slaves:
Sumangali (child labour) - Wikipedia

Child labor is common in China and you can´t know whether your goods were made by underage workers.
Foxconn says underage workers used in China plant

I started working before I was 11 so 14 is hardly child labor,,,they are more than likely greatful for the work
and WIKI is never a good source when talkinng about politics or any other social issues

and besides why would anyone by foreign made items their country can make themselves

Forum List

Back