CDZ True or false, government dictating to private organizations is fascist.

Syriusly

Because you hate Trump so deeply, any negative comment about him is automatically true, correct?

Well you know regulation was another characteristic of Fascist governments........

And certainly regulation is not part of a true Free Market.

It seems to me that your support of a 'Free Market' is really just whatever you agree with personally, not really having anything to do with Fascism or Free Markets themselves.

Fascism is essentially the rejection of a free-market economy in which private ownership exists, but they do NOT have the freedom to necessarily determine how much they're allowed to charge for a product or service, how much they must pay their employees, how much profit they're permitted to make, etc.

Having safety regulations that apply to ALL companies does not render an economic system as "fascist". Otherwise, every economy in the world could be called "fascist".

Except that is not what 'Fascism' essentially is.

You have crafted your own definition to emphasize your own bias.

But thanks for agreeing that you are okay with governments dictating somethings to business's- but not others.

So your argument is not a real pure Free Market- you just want government to be able to regulate what you think that government should regulate and nothing else.

Syriusly

Because you hate Trump so deeply, any negative comment about him is automatically true, correct?

No. If you told me that Trump was a child molester, I would ask you to provide some evidence to support your claim.

If you told me that Trump was not born in the U.S., and had no birth certificate, and that you sent investigators to his home state and no one is going to believe what you find- I would ask you to provide the proof you promised for the claim.

And I don't hate Trump- I despise the man- but I can't really say I hate anyone.

One of the defining characteristics of every Fascist government is the attempt to control the Press and control what information the population is able to get.

Fake news has been enabling fascism for a whole century
As anti-fascist thinker Alexandre Koyré (quoted in the essay) writes:

The official philosophies of totalitarian regimes identify unanimously as devoid of meaning the idea that there is only one objective truth […] this way myth is better than science and rhetoric that works on rooted beliefs preferable to intellectual reasoning.

“[Under fascism] the truth was embodied by the leader,” Finchelstein told Quartz, and this is replicated, although in a milder fashion, by populists. Fascism eventually gets rid of a free press, as it does of democracy, while populism simply attacks it as an “enemy of the people.”

Disinformation, you know, "lying", has been a mainstay of totalitarian regimes for thousands of years. That's not exclusive to fascist regimes. Hell, we have a democratic system of governance and we're inundated with "fake news" from leftist media on a daily basis. Take the tale of "Russian collusion" for instance. We had two years of that and, in the end, there was absolutely nothing there. And NONE of the major news outlets ever criticized the "investigation" that was based on garbage information. Real journalism doesn't exist at places like ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NY Times, WaPo, etc., etc. etc. They're all virtual mouth-pieces of the Democratic Party.

Disinformation on an industrial scale- that really is one of the defining characteristics of Fascism.

The problem with your Trumpettes is that Trump has lied to you so often, you believe his alternative facts and don't even know what reporting actual news is.

When CNN and others reported that the FBI was reporting the Trump campaign for possible collusion with Russia- that factually reporting what was actually happening.

Or as Trump and you call it: Fake News.

The real mouth-pieces are Fox News- who on one of the rare occasions that someone at Fox criticized Trump- complained that Fox was no longer his news organization.
Hell Trump coordinated with National Enquirer to prevent news from being printed.
We have never had a President who has worked so hard to destroy a free press in America as Trump has done. The results of his fascist attempts to prevent a Free Press from informing Americans will haunt America for years to come.

(as opposed to what he was given by Daddy, or inherited from Daddy)

Are you claiming that all of Trump's wealth was inherited rather than grown? If so, do you have a credible citation?

I am claiming that Trump started off wealthy, and became more wealthy both through the patronage of his father, and through inheriting his father's estate.

Show me Trump's tax receipts and we can have a better discussion of what percentage of Trump's wealth came from something other than being born the son of Fred Trump.
Show me a credible citation of what Trump's total wealth is and we can work back.

Reminder, this is the "Clean Debate Zone".

True. Fascism permits private ownership, but not necessarily private management.

I think there are too many factors to really answer your question.

I don't care what you call you it, I am all for the government taking control over businesses in some way. I think some form of socialized employment would help everyone out. Businesses need to be told by government who to hire, how much is too much too charge, what they can't do.

I am all for government stepping in and doing socialized employment. The government looks at who has been unemployed the most, who has the lowest income level, lower ACT/SAT scores, lower education level and tells businesses "hey you must hire these people or we will put you out of business." The government needs to end the business motto especially for lower wage jobs, "you got pass this ability test to see how smart you are, and have a certain education and skill set and if you don't you can't have this low wage job." It would be a great way to cure homelessness, kick gifted talented kids out of those jobs and give them instead to less intelligent homeless people who really need the job.

Forum List

Back