CDZ True or false, government dictating to private organizations is fascist.

To pick from a very old thread NYC and Chicago rapidly became the largest cities in the country because the two most valuable canals in the country until the first half of the last century ran through NY and IL with only New Orleans as real competition. All three of those cities became very well known and still are known as cesspools of corruption. Fascism is not the same as being the political arm of corruption, so I think the OP is not addressing the real issue of the Ds being a political protection racket that does what their mob bosses tell them to do.

This is a hypothetical topic.
with real world consequences,,,
Yes. We have fatal dumping in EU and NA and while we have low prices today, it costs millions of jobs and purchasing power. As long as something was made abroad, it doesn´t matter anymore how cheap the child labor has been. Therefore, among other reasons, I support local production.
I am not aware of any level of real child labor happening anywhere in the world,,,
Nearly 100 % of the cotton of our clothes is made in India by underage female slaves:
Sumangali (child labour) - Wikipedia

Child labor is common in China and you can´t know whether your goods were made by underage workers.
Foxconn says underage workers used in China plant

I started working before I was 11 so 14 is hardly child labor,,,they are more than likely greatful for the work
and WIKI is never a good source when talkinng about politics or any other social issues

and besides why would anyone by foreign made items their country can make themselves
Your first point is simply void. They are not happy. If they have to be grateful for slavery, the whole system is shit.

Your question is silly. Because it is cheaper.

with real world consequences,,,
Yes. We have fatal dumping in EU and NA and while we have low prices today, it costs millions of jobs and purchasing power. As long as something was made abroad, it doesn´t matter anymore how cheap the child labor has been. Therefore, among other reasons, I support local production.
I am not aware of any level of real child labor happening anywhere in the world,,,
Nearly 100 % of the cotton of our clothes is made in India by underage female slaves:
Sumangali (child labour) - Wikipedia

Child labor is common in China and you can´t know whether your goods were made by underage workers.
Foxconn says underage workers used in China plant

I started working before I was 11 so 14 is hardly child labor,,,they are more than likely greatful for the work
and WIKI is never a good source when talkinng about politics or any other social issues

and besides why would anyone by foreign made items their country can make themselves
Your first point is simply void. They are not happy. If they have to be grateful for slavery, the whole system is shit.

Your question is silly. Because it is cheaper.

how would you know if they are happy???

I have seldom been happy at work..

Because I am a human. Don´t fool yourself.
I saw a documentation about this in India and it is the hell.

At least you can buy stuff, get to a warm bed and won´t get raped after a 7 or 8 hours workday. Extravagances that Sumangali girls can´t afford.

At least you can buy stuff, get to a warm bed and won´t get raped after a 7 or 8 hours workday. Extravagances that Sumangali girls can´t afford.

thanks for your opinion,,,

I would love to have a 7-8 hr work day

here in america a hard working person works at least 10-12 hrs a day

So what´s your workingday? 12 hours?

at best,,,

To pick from a very old thread NYC and Chicago rapidly became the largest cities in the country because the two most valuable canals in the country until the first half of the last century ran through NY and IL with only New Orleans as real competition. All three of those cities became very well known and still are known as cesspools of corruption. Fascism is not the same as being the political arm of corruption, so I think the OP is not addressing the real issue of the Ds being a political protection racket that does what their mob bosses tell them to do.

Democratic corruption is not the topic of this thread.

but it is a constant,,,

How about telling a business how much they're allowed to charge?
Depends. Neither dumping nor usury should be allowed.

Can you elaborate?
Dumping is interfering in the market dynamics (which gov can´t, right?). It has the potential to destroy the economy.
Usury is market abuse. It also has the potential to destroy the economy.
Where dumping and usury begin is up to the gov to decide.

I know nothing about that.

I suppose it's fine to set standards that apply to all, but that's not necessarily the same as telling them how they must run their business.
Then explain please what you mean.

Rent control is one. The government telling the NCAA that they must permit their participants to be compensated is another.

but it is a constant,,,

Yea, but not the topic.

Can you elaborate?
Dumping is interfering in the market dynamics (which gov can´t, right?). It has the potential to destroy the economy.

I know nothing about that.

I suppose it's fine to set standards that apply to all, but that's not necessarily the same as telling them how they must run their business.
Then explain please what you mean.

Rent control is one. The government telling the NCAA that they must permit their participants to be compensated is another.
But rent control is not a standard. It applies only where it makes sense. Some commercial offerings are crucial to the population and must be regulated, whether it is in line with a free market or not.

at best,,,
Poor man. You should look for a better job, I guess.

Depends on what is being dictated. There are certain rules that are the responsibility of the government to dictate to all . Just because it is a private organization doesn't mean their building doesn't have to meet fire code. What specifically are you referring to?

those are crimes and covered by the courts,,,

And the courts are part of the government.

Courts are supposed to operate separate and independently of government.

No. Courts are to operate separately and independently of politics. Who do you think came up with all those laws that the courts are founded on, and can change those laws any time our representatives decide they want to? Our representatives in the government.

Courts are supposed to operate separate and independently of government.

No. Courts are to operate separately and independently of politics. Who do you think came up with all those laws that the courts are founded on, and can change those laws any time our representatives decide they want to? Our representatives in the government.

No? Ok, which branch of government tells judges how to rule?

Depends on what is being dictated. There are certain rules that are the responsibility of the government to dictate to all . Just because it is a private organization doesn't mean their building doesn't have to meet fire code. What specifically are you referring to?

Can you elaborate?

which government are you talking about?? state or federal???

if federal you need to show where in the constitution that authority exists,,,
Article I, Section 8. "Congress shall have the power ..."
Paragraph 3. "... to regulate commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes."

Forum List

Back