Trouble in paradise...Anti-Government Protests Draws Tens of Thousands to D.C.

You are working from the wrong premise, the country didn't go hard left, they went 'reject Bush.'

That is why all of this has been getting these protests, a lot of people, including me, would love to see healthcare cheap for all, but this mess isn't the way, and cost is the over riding issue.

You believe it will pass because BO made another speech, I however have fath in the cowardice of no term limit congresscritters and senators who will cover their own asses. They no a 'yes' on the current bill means kissing their jobs goodbye.

Watch and see how 'brave' they are on this, no matter what Obama says, they will be held accountable for it, not him.

Close...but not quite. They did not only reject Bush personally. They rejected the failed policies that got us into that mess in the first place. Voodoo economics; corporate welfare; etc. I'm not "hard left" and in fact don't like either extreme ... especially fiscally and in terms of foreign policy.

And I'd probably take the extremists more seriously if they didn't start going psycho the day after the election. I'm tired of hearing the Glen Becks and Rush Limbaugh's of the world being taken seriously... and I don't believe in pandering to schoolyard bullies.
Don't give me silly slogans Jill, like 'failed polices.'

The electorate held Bush accountable and made McCain a surrogate for it, there was not a fundemental change in attitude.

Now a lot of people have started to realize what an error one party rule is, especailly when it comes to spending money.

Ask yourself why Obama is so desperate for GoP votes that theorhetically he should not need, and the answer is obvious, he wants to make sure the blame can be spread when things go wrong.

I read 30,000, not 1.2 million.
You might need glasses.

D.C. police estimates the crowd at 1.2 million. ABC News, however, reported this afternoon that the crowd was estimated at 2 million.

March on D.C. draws 2 million!

I'll remind you that they intentionally overestimated the numbers at the teabag events too.
The DC police have a vested interest in over inflating numbers?

The numbers are real.

You are working from the wrong premise, the country didn't go hard left, they went 'reject Bush.'

That is why all of this has been getting these protests, a lot of people, including me, would love to see healthcare cheap for all, but this mess isn't the way, and cost is the over riding issue.

You believe it will pass because BO made another speech, I however have fath in the cowardice of no term limit congresscritters and senators who will cover their own asses. They no a 'yes' on the current bill means kissing their jobs goodbye.

Watch and see how 'brave' they are on this, no matter what Obama says, they will be held accountable for it, not him.

Close...but not quite. They did not only reject Bush personally. They rejected the failed policies that got us into that mess in the first place. Voodoo economics; corporate welfare; etc. I'm not "hard left" and in fact don't like either extreme ... especially fiscally and in terms of foreign policy.

And I'd probably take the extremists more seriously if they didn't start going psycho the day after the election. I'm tired of hearing the Glen Becks and Rush Limbaugh's of the world being taken seriously... and I don't believe in pandering to schoolyard bullies.

The electorate held Bush accountable and made McCain a surrogate for it, there was not a fundemental change in attitude.

Now a lot of people have started to realize what an error one party rule is, especailly when it comes to spending money.

Ask yourself why Obama is so desperate for GoP votes that theorhetically he should not need, and the answer is obvious, he wants to make sure the blame can be spread when things go wrong.

If that were true, McCain wouldn't have been in the lead til the economy tanked which changed the election from the "base" election that Karl Rove wanted ... to an election where people actually looked at the relative competence of the candidates.

I don't think he should want GOP votes at all. But if he didn't try, the right would whine that he's not bi-partisan enough.

BTW, there are a LOT of people who feel that Obama isn't close to left-leaning enough. And even when he's moderate, the right shrieks like stuck pigs.

from my perspective...with the deadenders... he's damned if he does; damned if he doesn't and should say screw 'em and do what he needs to.... cause from my perspective also, the one thing that helps him in the polls is when he acts with strenght and doesn't cave to the noise.... something I wish he'd do more of.

and now i have to run... I get to go out to dinner with my family.

Last edited:

Not quite..

Republicans were voted out of office at all levels of government. The backlash was against failed republican policies...not just Bush

Silly slogans?

The stoopidcons are linked to the failed Bush policies in business, foreign policy, taxation, etc, etc, etc.

You will never shake that connection.

Not quite..

Republicans were voted out of office at all levels of government. The backlash was against failed republican policies...not just Bush
That comments shows no understanding of US politics.

Watch how they will be voted right back in next year, while you gape in amazement and post nonsense about stolen elections.

Understand, I loathe the GoP as much as I loathe the Dems, the kicker is I know politics.

thinkprogress.org? do you really think I am going to take a site like that seriously?

maybe I'll start quoting the savage nation.

Well give me links to show that these things are wrong. Instead of just yelling "bullshit"! and "elitist"! as if it that makes it all better.

Think Progress » New poll finds that 39 percent of Americans want government to ‘stay out of Medicare.’

Take a look at the entire poll results here:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_819513.pdf

Only 16% of people in that poll consider themselves Liberal. And I'm willing to bet it wasn't that 16% saying the Government should "get out of medicare."

Your response?

you referred to the protestors as "little people". you're lucky all I called you was elitist.
how does it feel to be in the company of Spiro Agnew?

I'll remind you that they intentionally overestimated the numbers at the teabag events too.
The DC police have a vested interest in over inflating numbers?

The numbers are real.
A blog said the DC police made that estimate. What I saw on the tv didn't look anything like it.
You could look at the slew of posted articles for a start.

I included pictures just for you!

Do people believe protests work?

I don't think they worked when they protested during Bush's tenure.

Yes, they do. If the Democrats had run someone electable in 2004, they would have won easily. But the momentum did not stop. In 2006, the Democrats took back the House and Senate. You bet protests work. That's why many Democrats and Republicans in office are worried about these protests and what they might mean in the 2010 elections.

What is with the doublethink? I can't post links from Thinkprogress but you can post links from Fox News?

As much as you'd like to call me a dishonest fuck, I'm simply posting the links and saying prove it wrong.
Why should I bother reading propaganda written by the Democratic elites? :lol:

you referred to the protestors as "little people". you're lucky all I called you was elitist.
how does it feel to be in the company of Spiro Agnew?

Oh don't fucking delude yourself, WE are ALL the "little people." We have no real power or no real say. Those are top lie, cheat, and steal to keep the status quo the same because they continue to make massive profits.

You assumed that I don't consider myself part of that group. WE are the little people because we're not the ones up high top laughing down at those who actually believe they have a choice. We have no choice in this country, or if we do, people are too stupid to use that choice so many times it's not even funny.

Last edited:
What is with the doublethink? I can't post links from Thinkprogress but you can post links from Fox News?

As much as you'd like to call me a dishonest fuck, I'm simply posting the links and saying prove it wrong.
Why should I bother reading propaganda written by the Democratic elites? :lol:

Because they know what's best for you, you "little person". :lol:

Do people believe protests work?

I don't think they worked when they protested during Bush's tenure.

Yes, they do. If the Democrats had run someone electable in 2004, they would have won easily. But the momentum did not stop. In 2006, the Democrats took back the House and Senate. You bet protests work. That's why many Democrats and Republicans in office are worried about these protests and what they might mean in the 2010 elections.
I mentioned it earlier, they sound very much like the Bushbots back in 2003 & 2004 when we protested the wars.

Now all those politicians are out of office, and their replacements are just as tone deaf as they were.

Forum List

Back