Zone1 Transgenderism DEBATE: Michael Knowles vs Brad Polumbo (full debate)

View attachment 785633

I wish someone who supports this could tell me exactly what the children are learning from this, or what benefit they derive from it? How often do they need to see this for the "lesson" to be effective?

What exactly are young girls supposed to think if this? Are they to understand that women are being mocked, or is the hope that they will believe that these dudes are actually the ideal of femininity? Are boys supposed to think, "Forget being an astronaut, that's just high-tech colonialism, like my social studies teacher said. I wanna be a drag queen!"
Maybe they are supposed to learn that people who you can't relate to are still just people. That being different doesn't mean you can't express yourself. That being who you are is more important than being who others expect you to be.

My question is. How does it harm them? Do you think it's contagious?

View attachment 785633

I wish someone who supports this could tell me exactly what the children are learning from this, or what benefit they derive from it? How often do they need to see this for the "lesson" to be effective?

What exactly are young girls supposed to think if this? Are they to understand that women are being mocked, or is the hope that they will believe that these dudes are actually the ideal of femininity? Are boys supposed to think, "Forget being an astronaut, that's just high-tech colonialism, like my social studies teacher said. I wanna be a drag queen!"
This also provides an answer to forkup's question about defining targeting.

Maybe they are supposed to learn that people who you can't relate to are still just people. That being different doesn't mean you can't express yourself. That being who you are is more important than being who others expect you to be.

You ask people to define targeting and then you deny an OBVIOUS case thereof.

As such, your question was quite disingenuous.

Those men are going out of their way to not be who they are. The Nazis were "just people" also, but I don't want them to be part of a lesson on tolerance.

Suppose one child in the audience starts making comments like "why are these men making fun of women like my mother and sister?" or "this is reallly stupid, can't we just go play dodgeball?" and the other children begin to express agreement. What lesson are the kids learning then? What should the adults do in that case? Punish the dissenters, indoctrinate the dissenters, or allow the dissent?

No, I think it is a waste of time when kids are falling behind in learning, and there is a childhood obesity epidemic. This time would be better spent studying math and science, reading and rhetoric, or if they have done enough of that, going outside for freeplay.

Is the point that some people who transition have regrets and so no one should be allowed to? Is that the argument?

My position is simple. People have a right to make decisions for themselves. The younger the person making that decision. The more care should be taken. To the point that the person is to young to make an informed decision. In wich case nothing permanent should be done.

The problem as I see it is that to those on the right, the whole idea of transgender is uncomfortable and as such should be banned or at the very least suppressed to the point that they will never have to confront the fact that it makes them uncomfortable.

This has been true for other things through the years. Segregation and gays spring to mind.

To me personally, being uncomfortable with other people's life choices, ( providing they don't harm others) , is a me problem and I feel one has to have a very good reason to legislate against it.
Nobody has a problem with adults deciding to seek trans.. Much like smoking, it’s their choice.

But much like smoking, it shouldn’t be promoted, encouraged, and affirmed to anyone, and should be promoted to be avoided by children, as data clearly shows it’s a risky, damaging path to go down, and most grow out of it.

Define "targeting" please?

Is showing them that there are people dressing up in drag? "Targeting."

A male teacher telling that he has a husband, is that "targeting?".

A girl on girl kiss in a Disney movie?

I think if you want to have the discussion it's important to define your terms.
I agree, terms are important. I would also add that actions speak with the utmost clarity. For one example of what I would define as grooming is here:

Evanston–Skokie School District 65 has adopted a radical gender curriculum that teaches pre-kindergarten through third-grade students to celebrate the transgender flag, break the “gender binary” established by white “colonizers,” and experiment with neo-pronouns such as “ze,” “zir,” and "tree"

This is an instance of a political ideology pressed by the left within a public school system. This is deliberstely intended to confuse pre-pubescent children about the most basic aspects of their biology. Its an effort to "groom" ie. indoctrinate. This is being forced on children at early ages, 4 and 5 years old, into behaving and identifying in ways consistent with those who want to control and manipulate them. This is done with efforts to explicitly exclude the parents from knowing what is taught in the classroom.

Ask yourself; if a stranger wanted to show your child explicit images of sex acts, wanted your child to attend tranny drag shows and wanted your child to explore various sex acts while demanding your child keep that as a secret from you, would your first impression be that law enforcement should be involved?

Nobody has a problem with adults deciding to seek trans.. Much like smoking, it’s their choice.
Who is this "nobody" you are talking about? Plenty of people have problems with transgenderism regardless of age.
But much like smoking, it shouldn’t be promoted, encouraged, and affirmed to anyone, and should be promoted to be avoided by children, as data clearly shows it’s a risky, damaging path to go down, and most grow out of it.
Your imaginary data is somewhat questionable and, in fact, imaginary.

Who is this "nobody" you are talking about? Plenty of people have problems with transgenderism regardless of age.

Your imaginary data is somewhat questionable and, in fact, imaginary.
Are suicide rates and depression rates “imaginary”? They’re well known, it would be silly to demand to see such established data.

You can reject it all you want because it’s inconvenient to the cause you support, but it’s cold, hard data that spells bad things for those who partake, it’s definitely risky

Why do you have a right to debate what free people choose to do with their lives? Maybe some people wish to live the life of the opposite sex and frankly that should be up to them.
Everyone has free speech and can debate whatever they want, you are free to dress how you like, no one really cares, trans have been around for a long long time, they need to be left alone and respect and they need to respect everyone else and jam their lifestyle down others throats. That would solve a lot of issues.

The Trans stuff is satanic. It's elites saying yeah we can play God and make a new person, we can be creationists. Same with transhumanism....we will make better humans etc.

Are suicide rates and depression rates “imaginary”? They’re well known, it would be silly to demand to see such established data.

You can reject it all you want because it’s inconvenient to the cause you support, but it’s cold, hard data that spells bad things for those who partake, it’s definitely risky
At the heart of this all are the egos of those pushing this stuff and not the well-being of those they are pushing it on.

Virtue signaling is not virtuous. It is just approval seeking behavior masquerading as such.

You ask people to define targeting and then you deny an OBVIOUS case thereof.

As such, your question was quite disingenuous.
No it isn't. Targeting implies a reason to purposefully achieving a goal. What goal?

I would argue as I did in my answer to Seymour is that the goal is to make non traditional relationships and gender identity acceptable. Something you guys have a problem with. So you use loaded and incorrectly used terms like grooming and targeting in order to give it a negativity connotation.

That way you get out of having to answer the basic premise.

Why is it bad to accept people as they are.

Maybe if I put it in a different context it'll become clearer. My mother-in-law was a lesbian. My wife grew up at a time when she couldn't discuss this plain fact at school because it could cost her mother her job if it came out.

I grew up at a time when nobody I knew was gay. At least not openly. It wasn't less prevalent then now, just more suppressed. To this day seeing gay or lesbian couples makes me uncomfortable. This is not their fault but mine. As such I don't judge their life choices. Instead I feel it's my responsibility to adjust myself and never give in to my irrational reaction.

To my daughter who has 2 classmates in her year who have gay parents it is completely normal. I like that fact.

I very much suspect that the issue of transgenderism is exactly the same. They have always existed but they were always stigmatized, and I for one feel that a stigma that exists simply because the mores of a society try to make who a person is a problem. (Again stipulating that the person isn't harmful to others) is a stigma that has to be fought. And no I don't think my or your sense of propriety being offended constitute harm.

Last edited:
I agree, terms are important. I would also add that actions speak with the utmost clarity. For one example of what I would define as grooming is here:

Evanston–Skokie School District 65 has adopted a radical gender curriculum that teaches pre-kindergarten through third-grade students to celebrate the transgender flag, break the “gender binary” established by white “colonizers,” and experiment with neo-pronouns such as “ze,” “zir,” and "tree"

This is an instance of a political ideology pressed by the left within a public school system. This is deliberstely intended to confuse pre-pubescent children about the most basic aspects of their biology. Its an effort to "groom" ie. indoctrinate. This is being forced on children at early ages, 4 and 5 years old, into behaving and identifying in ways consistent with those who want to control and manipulate them. This is done with efforts to explicitly exclude the parents from knowing what is taught in the classroom.

Ask yourself; if a stranger wanted to show your child explicit images of sex acts, wanted your child to attend tranny drag shows and wanted your child to explore various sex acts while demanding your child keep that as a secret from you, would your first impression be that law enforcement should be involved?
See post 72

See post 72.

No it isn't. Targeting implies a reason to purposefully achieving a goal. What goal?

I would argue as I did in my answer to Seymour is that the goal is to make non traditional relationships and gender identity acceptable. Something you guys have a problem with. So you use loaded and incorrectly used terms like grooming and targeting in order to give it a negativity connotation.

That way you get out of having to answer the basic premise.

Why is it bad to accept people as they are.

Maybe if I put it in a different context it'll become clearer. My mother-in-law was a lesbian. My wife grew up at a time when she couldn't discuss this plain fact at school because it could cost her mother her job if it came out.

I grew up at a time when nobody I knew was gay. At least not openly. It wasn't less prevalent then now, just more suppressed. To this day seeing gay or lesbian couples makes me uncomfortable. This is not their fault but mine. As such I don't judge their life choices. Instead I feel it's my responsibility to adjust myself and never give in to my irrational reaction.

To my daughter who has 2 classmates in her year who have gay parents it is completely normal. I like that fact.

I very much suspect that the issue of transgenderism is exactly the same. They have always existed but they were always stigmatized, and I for one feel that a stigma that exists simply because the mores of a society try to make who a person is a problem. (Again stipulation that the person isn't harmful to others) is a stigma that has to be fought. And no I don't think my or your sense of propriety being offended constitute harm.
Non traditional (homosexual) relationships are anti-traditional. They have absolutely nothing to do with tradition which is heterosexual coupling. Just call it what it is, abnormal. We can be tolerant of abnormalities and are for the most part accepting until you try to sell your abnormality as normal.

Last edited:
Those men are going out of their way to not be who they are. The Nazis were "just people" also, but I don't want them to be part of a lesson on tolerance.

Suppose one child in the audience starts making comments like "why are these men making fun of women like my mother and sister?" or "this is reallly stupid, can't we just go play dodgeball?" and the other children begin to express agreement. What lesson are the kids learning then? What should the adults do in that case? Punish the dissenters, indoctrinate the dissenters, or allow the dissent?

No, I think it is a waste of time when kids are falling behind in learning, and there is a childhood obesity epidemic. This time would be better spent studying math and science, reading and rhetoric, or if they have done enough of that, going outside for freeplay.
Thank you for making my point. First of you are asserting that you have more authority to decide who a person is than they themselves do. Something that is extremely presumptuous and a weird stance by someone who claims they are libertarian.

Second by drawing the comparison to Nazism you are showing just how much this entire stance you are having is simply based on an irrational reaction to people who are different.

Nazis gassed those who were different to them. How's that for irony?

Non traditional (homosexual) relationships are anti-traditional. They have absolutely nothing to do with tradition which is heterosexual coupling. Just call it what it is, abnormal. We can be tolerant of abnormalities and are for the most part accepting until you try to sell your abnormality as normal.
So what? Is something that is abnormal bad? I'm abnormal in the sense that I try to first judge myself before I judge others. I think that's commendable.

A person in drag is abnormal. That's part of why they do what they do. They want to act outrageous in order to show the world that they aren't ashamed of who they are.

That I suspect is your problem. Not that they want to normalize what isn't the norm. But that they want to not be shamed for being not normal.

So what? Is something that is abnormal bad? I'm abnormal in the sense that I try to first judge myself before I judge others. I think that's commendable.

A person in drag is abnormal. That's part of why they do what they do. They want to act outrageous in order to show the world that they aren't ashamed of who they are.

That I suspect is your problem. Not that they want to normalize what isn't the norm. But that they want to not be shamed for being not normal.
I don't think it's proper to put on drag shows for kids to ease your own conscience.

I don't think it's proper to put on drag shows for kids to ease your own conscience.
My conscience is perfectly fine. That's precisely why I don't have to hide behind loaded terms and fallacious arguments.

Take this " it's not proper" argument. I don't think you have a problem with taking a kid to a beach we're people are much more undressed than in a drag show. Or for that matter having them watch some artist dancing on a stage in much the same kinds of clothes.

If you are religious I'm sure you want them to read the bible. A book that has some very questionable moral stances.

The entire problem with drag shows is that " they aren't normal"

In other words you personally feel qualified to decide what norms are and are perfectly willing to demand from everybody else they adhere to those norms.

See post 72

See post #66.

If you believe that grooming children from the earliest age by immersing them in an environment where coercion and indoctrination are tactics used to push them towards transitioning, I certainly can’t accept that.

I have to note that the most concerted efforts at transitioning children come from one identifiable political affiliation and from the most extreme element of that affiliation. There was a time when the public school mission was focused on education, not attempts to ignore 1,000,000 years of mammalian biology and certainly not to use sinister and dishonest tactics to separate children from their parents.

Forum List

Back