"Transgender" Fail; Next Up: Reverse Obergefell.. How Interracial Marriage Differs From Gay Marriage

Do you agree that Obergefell needs revisiting per New York vs Ferber?

• Yes, gay marriage isn't like interracial marriage. Children deserve a mother and father in marriage

• No, children's concerns don't matter in marriage. Behaviors are protected in the same way as race.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Inspired from here: Enough of this transgender nonsense. Post #1042
Rights granted go forwards, not backwards. Gay marriage is like legal interracial marriage....
. Gay marriage is not anything like interracial marriage wheret..
Mildred Loving- of the famous Loving v. Virginia decision that ended bans on mixed race marriages disagreed with you- not that you will accept the word of a woman who actually knew about marriage discrimination

You have tried to make this claim time and time again- and each time I point out that Mildred Loving directly contradicts you. And she knew about discrimination- and you are just a bigot.

My generation was bitterly divided over something that should have been so clear and right. The majority believed that what the judge said, that it was God's plan to keep people apart, and that government should discriminate against people in love. But I have lived long enough now to see big changes. The older generation's fears and prejudices have given way, and today's young people realize that if someone loves someone they have a right to marry.

Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people’s religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people’s civil rights.

I am still not a political person, but I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about.
Love is fleeting...

The liberty of choice is entitled to Constitutional protections, where citizens have the right to make decisions about their personal, private lives absent unwarranted interference from government.

Whether being gay manifests as a consequence of birth or choice is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant – just as the choice as to whom to marry is safeguarded by the 14th Amendment from attack by the states: the choice to marry someone of the same-sex, or someone of a different race, it makes no difference, as it is a fundamental right of all Americans, a right you and other hateful bigots cannot deny to citizens.

OK, I choose to drive a car even though I"m a blind. If others can drive, no state may limit me. The other people who "share the road" in marriage are children. To them it makes a difference between a mixed race mom and dad or NO mom or dad...for life...

..keywords: = "mom & dad".... not "skin color"

The liberty of choice is entitled to Constitutional protections, where citizens have the right to make decisions about their personal, private lives absent unwarranted interference from government.

Whether being gay manifests as a consequence of birth or choice is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant – just as the choice as to whom to marry is safeguarded by the 14th Amendment from attack by the states: the choice to marry someone of the same-sex, or someone of a different race, it makes no difference, as it is a fundamental right of all Americans, a right you and other hateful bigots cannot deny to citizens.

OK, I choose to drive a car even though I"m a blind. If others can drive, no state may limit me. The other people who "share the road" in marriage are children. To them it makes a difference between a mixed race mom and dad or NO mom or dad...for life...

Driving is a privilege. Marriage is a right. Go and be ignorant no more.

Driving is a privilege. 1. Marriage is a right. Go and be ignorant no more.

1. False: polygamists still can't marry. Nor can a brother & sister. Marriage is STILL a privilege allowed to some but not all.

And that privilege is not defined in the US Constitution. So, by lawful default, it is the states who define it. That lawful delegation of powers was breached in Obergefell last Summer. And worse, it was breached to create a physical defect to children who not one serious lawyer would argue "have nothing to do with marriage" (for example, consult a divorce court on children's rights in marriage). Gay marriage by physical defect cannot provide either a mother or father. And this condition binds all children involved away from either a mother or father for life by contractual term.

You do not find this in single parents...they still can marry and often are seeking to do so for help, comfort and tax breaks...and for the best life for their kids with mom and dad. Divorced parents both mom and dad still see the children... Not so ever for children caught up in "gay marriage". There is a particular kind of prison that allows no father or mother for life.

1. False: polygamists still can't marry. Nor can a brother & sister. Marriage is STILL a privilege allowed to some but not all.

And that privilege is not defined in the US Constitution. So, by lawful default, it is the states who define it. That lawful delegation of powers was breached in Obergefell last Summer. And worse, it was breached to create a physical defect to children who not one serious lawyer would argue "have nothing to do with marriage" (for example, consult a divorce court on children's rights in marriage). Gay marriage by physical defect cannot provide either a mother or father. And this condition binds all children involved away from either a mother or father for life by contractual term.

You do not find this in single parents...they still can marry and often are seeking to do so for help, comfort and tax breaks...and for the best life for their kids with mom and dad. Divorced parents both mom and dad still see the children... Not so ever for children caught up in "gay marriage". There is a particular kind of prison that allows no father or mother for life.

Who cares if you think marriage is a privilege? When it comes to case law your opinion doesn't mean shit. Meanwhile...marriage is a right whether you stomp your feet or not

You don't have to explain it to me, Sil. We all get it. Your standards evaporate the instant it effects you or any other straight couple. These apply on if you think you can harm gay people. You can babble on about children's rights in a marriage contract until the cows come home, but not a single state makes children a party to a marriage contract. Not one.

Perhaps if you spent less time worrying about my marriage you would have found the time to get one of your own.

It has been almost a year and you're still in the denial phase in the stages of grief. I'll make this quite plain for you, gays can marry and adopt in every single state and all you can do is whine/lie about it.

I noticed you skipped right over this part "There are no rights to marriage if only some enjoy them.". Can you point me to a link verifying that polygamy or a brother & sister marrying is legal? No? Then gays have no federal right to marry if others do not, arbitrarily. And since they have no federal right (since federal laws cannot be made to discriminate one group from another), then the only authority to speak on qualifying for that which is still a privilege for the few, marriage, are the states themselves.

I noticed you skipped right over this part "There are no rights to marriage if only some enjoy them.". Can you point me to a link verifying that polygamy or a brother & sister marrying is legal? No? Then gays have no federal right to marry if others do not, arbitrarily. And since they have no federal right (since federal laws cannot be made to discriminate one group from another), then the only authority to speak on qualifying for that which is still a privilege for the few, marriage, are the states themselves.

Every single state recognizes that marriage is a right. You don't. So what? Your whiny delusions do not have the slightest impact on the law.

I am glad you're back to the denial stage of the grieving process, though. Your bargaining stage had us making deals with ISIS if you could end gay marriage and push them back into the closet. Yikes!

Legal marriage is not a personal choice. It is gov-granted coercion and needs stringent rules to qualify. Homo sex doesn't qualify because it can't procreate.
Lefties are so backwards and logic-challenged.
Actually, it isn't necessarily the ability to procreate as it is to provide natural mother father or adoptive mother father or grandmother/grandfather. It's the stability and the two different role models that are essential to children who come in both boys and girls.

Imagine that. The instant that standard becomes troublesome for people such as yourself it doesn't apply anymore. Funny how that works.
You're backwards. Homos can't procreate no matter how much you lefties think you're above nature.

"Behaviors are protected in the same way as race."

lol

Still trying to push this ignorant, moronic tripe.

Legal marriage is not a personal choice. It is gov-granted coercion and needs stringent rules to qualify. Homo sex doesn't qualify because it can't procreate.

The ability to qualify for a legal marriage isn't based on the ability to procreate. Scores of people unable to procreate could marry in this nation long before gay marriage.
Once again using the anomalous and anecdotal to wag the dog.

Actually, it isn't necessarily the ability to procreate as it is to provide natural mother father or adoptive mother father or grandmother/grandfather. It's the stability and the two different role models that are essential to children who come in both boys and girls.

Imagine that. The instant that standard becomes troublesome for people such as yourself it doesn't apply anymore. Funny how that works.
You're backwards. Homos can't procreate no matter how much you lefties think you're above nature.
Actually, your ignorance and bigotry render you backward.

The hate and stupidity common most on the right render you backward.

Your ignorance and stupidity are consistent with being a bigot and a conservative.

There is no ‘right’ to drive a car, there is a right to marry, however – consequently this fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Actually, your ignorance and bigotry render you backward.

The hate and stupidity common most on the right render you backward.
I'm not on the right. I'm ahead of you lefty regressives. What is hateful about allowing children the natural right to be raised by their parents?

Procreation isn't a requirement to get married in this nation. Don't like it? Tough shit.

Your ignorance and stupidity are consistent with being a bigot and a conservative.

There is no ‘right’ to drive a car, there is a right to marry, however – consequently this fails as a false comparison fallacy.

How many conservatives do you know who fight for green energy, or universal healthcare?

If there is a "right" to marry, you have to acknowledge that it exists for everyone of every lifestyle other than just gay. If you say that polygamy is illegal or that a brother & sister marrying is illegal, then you do not believe marriage is a right, which of course it isn't. And as a privilege, its regulation is up to the states since there is ZERO language about marriage in the US Constitution.. The 14th doesn't play favorites. And if the lifestyles of polygamy and incest are still subject to state regulation, then all of them must be. You can't have "super-rights" that escape state regulation while other lifestyles the majority also rejected just like yours, have no rights to marriage.

You can't have it both ways. For consistency in Law, either right now polygamy and incest marriage are fully legal, or gay marriage is only legal in states that approved it by their majority.

Procreation isn't a requirement to get married in this nation. Don't like it? Tough shit.

That's a strawman. Mothers and fathers grandmothers/grandfathers can adopt in marriage too. Gay "parents" adopting promise the agency and the child, that the child will NEVER have either a mother or father....for life.

That's a strawman. Mothers and fathers grandmothers/grandfathers can adopt in marriage too. Gay "parents" adopting promise the agency and the child, that the child will NEVER have either a mother or father....for life.

Rosh is the one pretending that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry since they can't procreate. Access to marriage isn't defined on one's ability to reproduce or not.

You don't like that gays can marry and adopt in every state? So the hell what? They will continue to do so without your irrelevant blessing.

No disagreement but it's the natural order of heterosexuality and consequential procreation that generate the template for potential hetero adoptive parents.

Yep- there are no children available for adoption if hetero couples don't stop abandoning them- how dare gay couples adopt the kids abandoned by their hetero parents.

OK, I choose to drive a car even though I"m a blind.

You have no right to drive a car.

Driving a car is not marriage.

Marriage is a right

And you are delusional.

1. False: polygamists still can't marry. Nor can a brother & sister. Marriage is STILL a privilege allowed to some but not all..

Marriage is a right- just like owning a gun. Just like owning a gun- there are restrictions on who can marry.

Same gender couples can marry exactly the same as opposite gender couples.

Marriage is a right. You just don't want gay couples to have the same rights because of your obsessive hatred of homosexuals and their children.

Homosexuals procreate all the time. One of my best friends has two natural children.

You are as ignorant as you are bigoted.

Forum List

Back