Total Irony

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
The RNC has provided elective abortion insurance benefits for their employees since about 94 I think.

Pretty cool :)

RNC insurance plan covers abortion - Yahoo! News

There it is.

Enjoy.

I wonder how many times the benefit was used?

Okay. I read it. It looks like whoever signed the contract did not scrutinize the coverage close enough and no one else caught it. Looks like they're correcting the situation now. Other than bull shit partisan politics, why is this an issue?

Just total irony and something about those who live in glass houses not throwing stones comes to mind.

There it is.

Enjoy.

Okay. I read it. It looks like whoever signed the contract did not scrutinize the coverage close enough and no one else caught it. Looks like they're correcting the situation now. Other than bull shit partisan politics, why is this an issue?
In the face of the Republicans making an issue of Federal dollars going to abortion inside the health care legislation it becomes an issue of hypocrisy. The fact that they are correcting the oversight is to their credit. But they should be embarrassed at letting something this significant slip through.

There it is.

Enjoy.

Just total irony and something about those who live in glass houses not throwing stones comes to mind.

:eusa_eh: Maybe you misunderstood what I garnered from the article in my post. If it was done purposely then I would agree with you, if accidentally (which appears to be the case) then I can only assume you are being partisan and grasping at straws.

There it is.

Enjoy.

In the face of the Republicans making an issue of Federal dollars going to abortion inside the health care legislation it becomes an issue of hypocrisy. The fact that they are correcting the oversight is to their credit. But they should be embarrassed at letting something this significant slip through.

Of course it's an embarrassment. I'd be embarrassed also, that was pretty damn stupid to let that one slip by.

Last edited:

Of course it's an embarrassment. I'd be embarrassed also.
If I was a repbulican, I know I would be.

:eusa_eh: Maybe you misunderstood what I garnered from the article in my post. If it was done purposely then I would agree with you, if accidentally (which appears to be the case) then I can only assume you are being partisan and grasping at straws.

And not one RNC employee ever checked their insurance benefits during all those years?

Ohh how I would love to learn how many times the abortion benefit was actually used.
Perhaps never, but I think otherwise. Ahh but it is just speculation.

And not one RNC employee ever checked their insurance benefits during all those years?

Ohh how I would love to learn how many times the abortion benefit was actually used.
Perhaps never, but I thinnk otherwise. Ahh but it is just speculation.

My primary point is you seem to be jumping the gun, not all the facts are in, hence they are, this time, getting the benefit of the doubt from me as would the DNC in a similar, unrelated, situation). I've never read my entire policy to see exactly what it covers, if it doesn't cover something I need I just pay out of pocket.

My primary point is you seem to be jumping the gun, not all the facts are in, hence they are, this time, getting the benefit of the doubt from me as would the DNC in a similar, unrelated, situation). I've never read my entire policy to see exactly what it covers, if it doesn't cover something I need I just pay out of pocket.

True, however I am sure it was someone's job at the RNC to review insurance coverages.
And Republicans seem to adhere to let the buyer beware and too bad if you did not read the contract before signing, that is just business.

uscitizen is an idiot.

Oh by the way uscitizen, did you even read the link you posted?!?!

"Leading up to passage of the House health care reform bill last week, 176 House Republicans joined 64 Democrats in voting for the so-called Stupak amendment, a measure that prohibits federal funds from being used to buy health insurance that covers elective abortions. "

Of course it's an embarrassment. I'd be embarrassed also, that was pretty damn stupid to let that one slip by.

Why should this be a big embarrassment to the RNC? Seems like nothing is an embarrassment to the Democrats.

uscitizen is an idiot.

"Leading up to passage of the House health care reform bill last week, 176 House Republicans joined 64 Democrats in voting for the so-called Stupak amendment, a measure that prohibits federal funds from being used to buy health insurance that covers elective abortions. "

Yes I did read the article. And I am not very partisan at all. I just despise most republican politicians. But I despise most Dem politicos as well.
So 64 dems voted against public funding of abortions. Is that supposed to make some point?

True, however I am sure it was someone's job at the RNC to review insurance coverages.
And Republicans seem to adhere to let the buyer beware and too bad if you did not read the contract before signing, that is just business.

That part, that I've already agreed with to another poster, is embarrassing and stupid.

uscitizen is an idiot.

Yes I did read the article. And I am not very partisan at all. I just despise most republican politicians. But I despise most Dem politicos as well.
So 64 dems voted against public funding of abortions. Is that supposed to make some point?

Yes the point is , you're an idiot. The article fully explained that once it was known that taxpayer money was going to fund elective abortions, steps were or are being taken to prohibit it.

uscitizen is an idiot.

Yes the point is , you're an idiot. The article fully explained that once it was known that taxpayer money was going to fund elective abortions, steps were or are being taken to prohibit it.

Umm I have to wonder who is the idiot. Not taxpayer money to pay for RNC employee insurance, it was money donated by Republicans.

You think taxpayer money pays for the RNC? Duhhh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back