Top Priorities

What Issues Should the President Focus On While Others Can Wait?

• Economy and jobs

Votes: 41 80.4%
  • Healthcare Reform

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Cap & Trade

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Free Trade Agreements/Relations with other countries

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Energy Security

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Education Reform

• Student Loan Reform

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Hurrican Preparedness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Environmental Protection

• Other (I'll explain in my posts)

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
Returning to that Rasmussen Poll this week:

Rasmussen runs a weekly poll to determine what Americans (likely voters) are most concerned about.

The overwhelming #1 issue has been the Economy and Jobs for many weeks now.

The #2 issue however is corruption and graft in government.

52% think that most members of Congress would sell their vote.
I'm surprised at only 52% :eek:

Hope springs eternal. Many Americans really don't believe the people they're voting into office would sell them out for personal gain. A few brave voices out there are ringing the alarm though. The system provided in the Constitution still works if it is followed. But the people we have called on to implement it are broken. I think a growing number of Americans are finally swallowing their pride and admitting that.

One of the first things you learn in a good management school is that you cannot fix a bad system just by changing the people. And you cannot change flawed people by changing the system. So we have had some bad people who have created a bad system for a very long time now.

And maybe our first priority should be to address that on the theory that #1 up there would then take care of itself?

Returning to that Rasmussen Poll this week:

Rasmussen runs a weekly poll to determine what Americans (likely voters) are most concerned about.

The overwhelming #1 issue has been the Economy and Jobs for many weeks now.

The #2 issue however is corruption and graft in government.

52% think that most members of Congress would sell their vote.

Hope springs eternal. Many Americans really don't believe the people they're voting into office would sell them out for personal gain. A few brave voices out there are ringing the alarm though. The system provided in the Constitution still works if it is followed. But the people we have called on to implement it are broken. I think a growing number of Americans are finally swallowing their pride and admitting that.

One of the first things you learn in a good management school is that you cannot fix a bad system just by changing the people. And you cannot change flawed people by changing the system. So we have had some bad people who have created a bad system for a very long time now.

And maybe our first priority should be to address that on the theory that #1 up there would then take care of itself?

I find that completely amazing. People are so blind to the corruption that is going on.

I find that completely amazing. People are so blind to the corruption that is going on.

I think not blind so much as unwilling to give up sacred cows. Inability to question an entrenched ideology. And too painful to accept that one's heroes are flawed and/or worse than those branded evil or villain.

To admit all that requires a great deal of intellectual honesty and personal integrity which is sometimes in short supply among Americans who have been more indoctrinated than educated.

I think not blind so much as unwilling to give up sacred cows. Inability to question an entrenched ideology. And too painful to accept that one's heroes are flawed and/or worse than those branded evil or villain.

To admit all that requires a great deal of intellectual honesty and personal integrity which is sometimes in short supply among Americans who have been more indoctrinated than educated.
You have you're morons who really believe on side is corrupt while there side is above board. You still have some with the mentality that this is Republican country of this is Democratic country. Then you have the others who can never admit they might be wrong.

Obama needs to ignore the republicans and do what he thinks is right. He allowed both the Stimulus bill and healthcare to be watered down with sections meant to appease Republicans who will not support it anyway.

Time to take off the gloves and press through your agenda[/QUOT

He allowed both the Stimulus bill and healthcare to be watered down.......

He had no idea what was in these bills....Nancy and her ilk worked on the Health Care bill
It was thousands of pages long,the people who voted for these bills had no idea what was in them.He did or didn't allow anything,he was totally clueless on both bills.:cuckoo:

You have you're morons who really believe on side is corrupt while there side is above board. You still have some with the mentality that this is Republican country of this is Democratic country. Then you have the others who can never admit they might be wrong.

In the past couple of years I have become far less partisan than I have been my entire adult life. The one who started me thinking about all this was reading Milton Friedman, listening to Steve Forbes and some other truly great thinkers of this generation. And the frosting on it all is Glenn Beck. I catch his TV program rerun occasionally late night (I'm thinking 11 pm?) and at first I resisted the lessons he is methodically teaching. But gradually the light bulbs started coming on and sent me back to the history books to check out what he was saying. And eventually I have been coming around to the conclusion he reach a long time ago. Both parties suck. You have liberal in one and liberal light in the other. And unless we turn it around one might get us to hell more slowly than the other, but they'll both get us there.

Last edited:

In the past couple of years I have become far less partisan than I have been my entire adult life. The one who started me thinking about all this was reading Milton Friedman, listening to Steve Forbes and some other truly great thinkers of this generation. And the frosting on it all is Glenn Beck. I catch his TV program rerun occasionally late night (I'm thinking 11 pm?) and at first I resisted the lessons he is methodically teaching. But gradually the light bulbs started coming on and sent me back to the history books to check out what he was saying. And eventually I have been coming around to the conclusion he reach a long time ago. Both parties suck. You have liberal in one and liberal light in the other. And unless we turn it around one might get us to hell more slowly than the other, but they'll both get us there.

I don't know what I am. I lean left on some stuff, right on other. I know I don't like big government. I know I do not like entitlement programs. I do feel liberals are more hypocritial and more unrealistic. Especially with international relations. But I also have no faith in what I saw from the republiicans in the last 6 years.

I don't know what I am. I lean left on some stuff, right on other. I know I don't like big government. I know I do not like entitlement programs. I do feel liberals are more hypocritial and more unrealistic. Especially with international relations. But I also have no faith in what I saw from the republiicans in the last 6 years.

If you prefer smaller, more efficient, more effective government - If you reject most or all entitlement programs via the federal government - If you embrace fiscal integrity and living within our means - If you embrace constitutional integrity, then you are a true conservative. One with the Tea Party spirit even. :)

What you are not is a Republican of the variety we had during the Bush years. They were not conservatives but merely liberal light.

They were on the same road to hell the liberals have been so gung go to take us down. They were just moving at a slower pace.

Forum List

Back