Top picks for Republican Presidential candidate: Romney, Palin, McCain, Brown

I hope some of the shit that I wrote in college doesn't come up if I run for office. College works are an exercise in free and critical thought. His thesis is interesting in ways that cause one to think. He has since acted much more moderate in his actions politically. I am not worried about it, for now.

Again, if it stayed in the past then it wouldn't matter. However, it emerged big time in 2003 and slightly during the campaign.

I'm not saying he would be a terrible candidate. Just that certain questions remain.

Edit: I'm in college now, and I'm sure my views will be different even if slightly whatever number years down the road. Heck, my views have changed a great deal since I arrived here. So I definitely understand where you're coming from. However, some of the things he said were not exactly "Conservative" to say the least.

Last edited:
I hope some of the shit that I wrote in college doesn't come up if I run for office. College works are an exercise in free and critical thought. His thesis is interesting in ways that cause one to think. He has since acted much more moderate in his actions politically. I am not worried about it, for now.

Again, if it stayed in the past then it wouldn't matter. However, it emerged big time in 2003 and slightly during the campaign.

I'm not saying he would be a terrible candidate. Just that certain questions remain.

As long as he can speak to it well and put it to bed, it'll be fine.

Really? Wasn't Jeremiah Wright a part of the last Primary cycle for you guys? :eusa_whistle:

If you mean for the dems, then yes. :lol:

I'm not a Democrat nor am I a registered one.

However, going beyond just Hillary, what other candidates have gone to the lengths that the GOP has in recent years? I'm just saying that the GOP candidates have more to worry about from their own party than Obama at the present moment.

Last edited:
Really? Wasn't Jeremiah Wright a part of the last Primary cycle for you guys? :eusa_whistle:/QUOTE]

If you mean for the dems, then yes. :lol:

I'm not a Democrat nor am I a registered one.

However, going beyond just Hillary, what other candidates have gone to the lengths that the GOP has in recent years? I'm just saying that the GOP candidates have more to worry about from their own party than Obama at the present moment.

Other than Bush in 2000, what other GOP candidates have gone to those lengths. I thought the 2008 primary season was pretty mild. The really nasty ones that I can remember are Bush-McCain2000, Clinton-Brown-Tsongas1992. Both sides have an asshole in every season. The GOP is no worse that the Dems.

Other than Bush in 2000, what other GOP candidates have gone to those lengths. I thought the 2008 primary season was pretty mild. The really nasty ones that I can remember are Bush-McCain2000, Clinton-Brown-Tsongas1992. Both sides have an asshole in every season. The GOP is no worse that the Dems.

I'm not even saying nasty, just the most hard hitting. Like if you go to youtube right now and type in some Anti-McCain videos, I'm willing to bet some of the makers behind them are proud Romney supporters.

I would know, I remember linking these videos all the way back in 2008. :lol:

Of course in the grand scheme, the GOP is no worse than the Dems. But again, the GOP has more to worry about amongst themselves than Obama in 2012.

Media boost Brown into GOP presidential mix | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

I like how the article says Huckabee has "years" of national political experience.

Out of the people on the poll, I'd love to see a Romney/Brown ticket. Both are left enough from the right to draw in independents, but obviously close enough to the right to garner votes from the "base." Romney brings fiscal responsibility, and Brown brings social understanding. It would be a tough ticket for Obama to beat those two, I think.

Nope, McCain, Huckabee are out, and Brown will not have enough experience. Of course, Obama did not have the experience Brown does now but it's still not enough to be POTUS.

I like how the article says Huckabee has "years" of national political experience.

Out of the people on the poll, I'd love to see a Romney/Brown ticket. Both are left enough from the right to draw in independents, but obviously close enough to the right to garner votes from the "base." Romney brings fiscal responsibility, and Brown brings social understanding. It would be a tough ticket for Obama to beat those two, I think.

Nope, McCain, Huckabee are out, and Brown will not have enough experience. Of course, Obama did not have the experience Brown does now but it's still not enough to be POTUS.

Plus Brown will be up for re-election to the Senate in 2012. If Mitt is a contender, I'd look for Brown to support him for the nomination and concentrate on keeping his Senate seat.

Plus Brown will be up for re-election to the Senate in 2012. If Mitt is a contender, I'd look for Brown to support him for the nomination and concentrate on keeping his Senate seat.

I think your right. Brown may be someone for future elections. Not 2012.

Sinice no one is offically running for Prez right now. I'll wait to see who DOES run before I make up my mind.

Who knows. If the economy and jobs get turned around and Barry boy starts to govern perhaps he will win it again.

Whether it is or isnt, im pretty sure its illegal to have two people from the same state on the ticket. In fact, I think the Dems were trying to claim that Chenney was from Texas too back in 2000 for that very reason.

Sinice no one is offically running for Prez right now. I'll wait to see who DOES run before I make up my mind.

Who knows. If the economy and jobs get turned around and Barry boy starts to govern perhaps he will win it again.

And maybe pigs will fly out my butt. Anything's possible, i suppose, but I would be pretty dang surprised if it did.

None of the above.

McCain had his chance.

Romney is too liberal.

Palin isn't ready and quit her job as Governor of Alaska.

Huckabee...I like him personally but he's also too socially liberal and has a history as a tax and spender.

I'm still looking at Gary Johnson...former Governor of New Mexico.

Cut spending, reduced the size of government and balanced NM's budget with a surplus in the coffers when he left office (I believe due to term limits)...and all this with a Democrat controlled legislature.

And maybe pigs will fly out my butt. Anything's possible, i suppose, but I would be pretty dang surprised if it did.

YOur so right. LOL.

I think the taxpayers have had more than enough of OL'BO, his posse and his agenda.

But. You know as well as I do that Americans have very short memories and if things turn around and are going good, Barry might just pull it off.

God. I sure hope not. LOL

Whether it is or isnt, im pretty sure its illegal to have two people from the same state on the ticket. In fact, I think the Dems were trying to claim that Chenney was from Texas too back in 2000 for that very reason.

That "law" is a myth. There is nothing in the Constitution that says they must be from different states. It says that the electors from that state cannot cast their votes for both candidates. So, if they were on the ticket together and won the state of Massachusetts, the electors from Massachusetts would have to cast their votes for one person for President, and then vote for someone else for Vice President. The chances they would even win Massachusetts is unlikely, anyway.

As for their both being Northerners, I think people underestimate the South. Look how they have embraced Palin, who many would say isn't even a "real" American. Brown has a LOT of appeal right now, and there's a lot of buzz about him in the party. With the Tea Party movement growing, I thinking you're going to see a new Republican base. The GOP is dying, and the Republicans are looking for something different. Romney and Brown are that.

It's a dream ticket, and nothing more. As for Brown being up for re-election in the Senate that time, you are right. But why run for Senate when you have the support to go for the Presidential office? Either way, he will eventually be a Presidential candidate, if not in 2012, definitely in 2016. I think he would make a nice Vice Presidential candidate for one of the "veteran" contenders (this does not include Palin, she needs to stay out of it).

Which candidate has the experience and intelligence to get the US back on-track?
Palin...no Sarah Palin .com
Huckabee...no President Huckabee 2012
Obama....hell no we couldn't afford his first term
Brown...no
Ron Paul...no Ron Paul 2012 | Ron Paul .com
Newt....no
Hillary....no
Petraeus...no Petraeus For President in 2012?

Mitt Romney seems to me to be the best qualified for the job. If the other choice is barry the muslim-commie America-bankruptor Obama, it looks like a no-brainer.

Romney/Petraeus in 2012

If anyone has a better ticket, lets see it.

Its Romney's turn. I'd like to see Romney/Petraeus on the 2012 GOP ticket. Romney has the smarts to fix the economy and Petraeus has the smarts to tone down the Defense Department for a few years until the deficit is checked.

Romney at the top but not Petraeus. But I am open to other more qualified individuals. His problem will be the same as the last time. Southern evangelical conservatives do not like Romney because he is to the not a "christian" by their limited understanding.

And, eagle, "barry the muslim-commie America-bankruptor" is just stupid and wins our side no votes.

Romney/Petraeus in 2012

If anyone has a better ticket, lets see it.

I agree that Romney/Petraeus is a good ticket, but Petraeus is too independent. They would have trouble selling that ticket to the far right leaners.

Forum List

Back