Top picks for Republican Presidential candidate: Romney, Palin, McCain, Brown

Its Romney's turn. I'd like to see Romney/Petraeus on the 2012 GOP ticket. Romney has the smarts to fix the economy and Petraeus has the smarts to tone down the Defense Department for a few years until the deficit is checked.

Psssst..He is a mormon. LOL

Media boost Brown into GOP presidential mix | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

I like how the article says Huckabee has "years" of national political experience.

Out of the people on the poll, I'd love to see a Romney/Brown ticket. Both are left enough from the right to draw in independents, but obviously close enough to the right to garner votes from the "base." Romney brings fiscal responsibility, and Brown brings social understanding. It would be a tough ticket for Obama to beat those two, I think.

Can't happen. Both Romney and Brown are from MA.

i don't disagree but i have to point out that romney is from mass in the same way that the clinton's are from ny.

i don't disagree but i have to point out that romney is from mass in the same way that the clinton's are from ny.

Again, it doesn't matter. They can both hold office. The only reason there was a problem with Cheney being from Texas is as I described previously. Without the votes from the Texas electors, Cheney would not have had enough to be Vice President, making it a Bush/Lieberman administration. That's why they went through the trouble of making Cheney look like a Wyoming resident.

Romney/Petraeus in 2012

If anyone has a better ticket, lets see it.

I agree that Romney/Petraeus is a good ticket, but Petraeus is too independent. They would have trouble selling that ticket to the far right leaners.

if the republicans hope to regain the WH, they need to tell the far right to fuck off. EOF

Agreed completely. But we have to be realistic, there are not enough moderates and liberal Republicans to take on Obama. The Republicans need that "base." However, maybe the Tea Party can redefine what the base of the Republican party actually is.

I agree that Romney/Petraeus is a good ticket, but Petraeus is too independent. They would have trouble selling that ticket to the far right leaners.

if the republicans hope to regain the WH, they need to tell the far right to fuck off. EOF

Agreed completely. But we have to be realistic, there are not enough moderates and liberal Republicans to take on Obama. The Republicans need that "base." However, maybe the Tea Party can redefine what the base of the Republican party actually is.

the key, i think, is the independent vote. that's what put both brown and obama into office.

Media boost Brown into GOP presidential mix | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

I like how the article says Huckabee has "years" of national political experience.

Out of the people on the poll, I'd love to see a Romney/Brown ticket. Both are left enough from the right to draw in independents, but obviously close enough to the right to garner votes from the "base." Romney brings fiscal responsibility, and Brown brings social understanding. It would be a tough ticket for Obama to beat those two, I think.

Other than Scott Brown, that's the same tired old group the GOP tried to foist on us last time. They just don't have anybody worth a dime.

Its Romney's turn. I'd like to see Romney/Petraeus on the 2012 GOP ticket. Romney has the smarts to fix the economy and Petraeus has the smarts to tone down the Defense Department for a few years until the deficit is checked.

I thought Liberals were the Tolerant ones..

Idiot statement. A liberal state elected Romney governor. Social southern conservatives (Republicans, Tom Clancy) derailed his 2008 effort. They will try to do the same thing again in 2012. Democrats and liberals don't want Romney running as the GOP candidate because he will cut right into the center. That's exactly why I support him for the GOP nomination in 20112.

If Palin was a black man instead of a white woman Republicans would probably have a front-runner...:eusa_whistle:

I thought Liberals were the Tolerant ones.. Hmmmm.. :eusa_whistle:

:razz:

Says who?

Oh and Do you really think this country will elect a mormon?

Pssst..... Obama is a muslim-commie. Tell me who the south will vote for.,,,c'mon I'm waiting....

Pssst..... Obama is a muslim-commie. Tell me who the south will vote for.,,,c'mon I'm waiting....

The south is not the entire America. There are certain area's he didn't win in. No problem. In case you missed the last election, Obama won. He won large.

He can easily beat a mormon. Or better yet an Alaskan hillbilly.

You did know the election results didn't you? If not, google it.......................

I'm waiting. :lol:

Oh and a uestion for you. Are you a birther? You really do sound like one. lol

Last edited:
as long as they support israel over all others... it matters not who he or she is..

we must prepare for the return of our lord.

Romney is the most interesting. He has looked very Presidential when discussing the financial crisis and the economy over the past year.

The problem for Romney is that as head of Bain Capital, his portfolio companies slashed thousands of people from their jobs. This is how private equity firms operate. In an election where jobs will probably still be the number one issue, that could be a tough sell. Of course, whether or not the Democrats are too stupid to know this and how to exploit it is another issue.

Forum List

Back